• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Zack Martin, Coleman or Kirksey picks.

I do like the Jones, Fiedorowicz, Murray, Sunseri, and Hoskins picks.

Unless Zack Martin can play center, then we do not need his skill set on this team. As far as Coleman is concerned, he is a lesser value of Benjamin and not close to being a value in the 2nd round.

Kirksey is ok and would be a decent value in the 4th round. With that said - this draft is pretty deep and he could probably be had in the 5th round.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a deep draft.. lits of value in the later rounds I see the pats trading back... but heck that means they will bet the farm and move up..

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the Zack Martin, Coleman or Kirksey picks.

I do like the Jones, Fiedorowicz, Murray, Sunseri, and Hoskins picks.

Unless Zack Martin can play center, then we do not need his skill set on this team. As far as Coleman is concerned, he is a lesser value of Benjamin and not close to being a value in the 2nd round.

Kirksey is ok and would be a decent value in the 4th round. With that said - this draft is pretty deep and he could probably be had in the 5th round.

I think Martin is a quality Tackle, and I agree a Center is a higher priority. What is the injury update status on Vollmer.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Martin is a quality Tackle, and I agree a Center is a higher priority. What is the injury update status on Vollmer.

Vollmer should be ready for training camp and we still have Zusevics who should be ready to be a 3rd tackle this year....

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vollmer should be ready for training camp and we still have Zusevics who should be ready to be a 3rd tackle this year....

I think the pick is because he can play G and T, which would fit our mode of having O linemen that are multi faceted, it does not however address the need for a Center.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man look at this mock, is the defense really this bad?
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

If the Pats get Hageman with that 1st round pick, I will be thrilled....I am NOT a fan of the Pryor pick. If we are so unsatisfied with Harmon then why go back to the well again in the 2nd round because Pryor is definitely not a value at that point in the draft. This team should address other areas, starting with a tight end (Fiedorowicz).

Stinson makes no sense and it is a constant reminder how some of these "mock draft websites" continue to reference the Patriots as a team who runs a 3-4 defense.

I don't mind the Telvin Smith pick but he is a project with good athletic ability. The other picks are jokes with the exception of Cody Hoffman in round 7. Hoffman would be a great find that late in the draft to back up Dobson at the flanker slot.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man look at this mock, is the defense really this bad?
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

LOL...I like this one better than the other one I posted. I think Martin will be a solid NFL player, but we have more needs than a OT/OG. I mean we have plenty for the o-line. Sea Bass back makes this line even better. We can get someone in FA or later in the draft to help with the o-line. TE/DE/DT for me in the first and 2nd rd.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Donald from Pitt is having a hell of a practice week at the Sr Bowl. Just won an award for best players. He could be a day 1 pick before we know it.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bru. Where did that link go you posted today that listed the Patriots drafts? I cannot find it anymore.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone watch the SR Bowl? Anyone stick out to you...a few for me:

North
Stanley Jean-Baptiste. CB Nebraska.
Christian Kirksey. LB Iowa.
Michael Sam- OLB Missouri. Scouts think he can play DE.
Deone Bucannon. S Wash
Justin Ellis. DT Louisiana Tech. Big boy.

South:
Dee Ford. DE Auburn-MVP of the game. Nice speed.
Crockett Glimore. TE Colorado St.
Jordan Matthews. WR Vandy
Will Sutton. DT Arizona St
Daniel McCullers. DT Tennessee
Ik Enemkpali. DT Louisiana Tech.
Caraun Reed. DT Princeton.
Bryan Stork. C Fla St.
Keith McGill. CB/S Utah. He played both in college and has good size. 6'3 205.

The South was def the better team. These guys stood out to me for some reason, and should be decent later round guys. Not sure what other thoughts. I did not list the obvious guys like Martin and Donald. QB's did not look good to me.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this Mock...If this happens, esp with the 1st 3 picks, I will be very happy!!

2014 NFL Draft: Post-Senior Bowl Patriots Mock Draft | NEPatriotsDraft.com - 2014 NFL Draft

This draft would be much better than that duck the other writer at nepatriotsdraft.com put up there earlier last week.

Nix, ASJ, Lynch, Sunseri, Latimer and White are all real good choices and based on the write up, Bitonio showed well during the Senior Bowl week.

Latimer, in my view, is real interesting. The kid makes plays, has deceptive speed, is a late round draft value, and has good hands. He was the best player in Indiana's squad. The comparable that I have for Latimer is Marques Colston. He would be a perfect fit for this team.

If the Pats can get ASJ at their original slot in the 2nd round, then that would be very, very nice.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No center I think this team needs a center

They could do better than Wendell, but relative to the needs at other positions, its a much lower priority. And they're not drafting a mid-late round center and turning that player into a day 1 starter; they'd have to go all in on a high round pick to upgrade the position this year. Keep Wendell, get more players in the pipe for later years.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could do better than Wendell, but relative to the needs at other positions, its a much lower priority. And they're not drafting a mid-late round center and turning that player into a day 1 starter; they'd have to go all in on a high round pick to upgrade the position this year. Keep Wendell, get more players in the pipe for later years.

Wendell sucked and IMO was the reason for a lot of additional pressure on Brady. Couple that with the fact he is FA whom I am not sure will be a priority for the Pats I think the need for a center is pretty high.