• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays like Seymour too. He's disruptive and with size. If the Pats can score a draft like that, I would be thrilled. BTW - interesting that they have the Pats drafting a guard in round 2. I could see them getting a guard.

Mankins is gong to be 31 next year? Yep......

I would like to see a center too, but, you get what is there sometime.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuitt is like Seymour?

DON'T TAKE HIM!!!

Signed,
Ron Borges

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but we have Homan for that. I want an athletic TE. Is Niklas a Senior has he declared?

He has not declared, and not sure he is going too. I think he is very athletic for his size. He was brought to ND as a LB, and then switched him to TE. He is a lot more athletic than you think. I think he would be an upgrade over Hoooman if you ask me.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has not declared, and not sure he is going too. I think he is very athletic for his size. He was brought to ND as a LB, and then switched him to TE. He is a lot more athletic than you think. I think he would be an upgrade over Hoooman if you ask me.

Ok Homer, I mean Eric.

:)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First...the Patriots will not draft a defensive lineman in the first round. Wilfork is coming back, so is Kelly. They have Chanler Jones and Ninkovich on the ends. They also have three guys who are playing well right now in Vellano. Jones and Sigila and they also have Sopogia. Why draft a DL????
They have to look at Tight End and Offensive Line before anything else. Especially TE. They may be able to sign a FA but I'm not sure who is available.
This may be blasphamey, but it's time to find a sixth round super quarterback.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First...the Patriots will not draft a defensive lineman in the first round. Wilfork is coming back, so is Kelly. They have Chanler Jones and Ninkovich on the ends. They also have three guys who are playing well right now in Vellano. Jones and Sigila and they also have Sopogia. Why draft a DL????
They have to look at Tight End and Offensive Line before anything else. Especially TE. They may be able to sign a FA but I'm not sure who is available.
This may be blasphamey, but it's time to find a sixth round super quarterback.

They need a DE on the left side of the line, IMO Ninko is better off the bench. I agree and have stated a DT IMO is not a need, if Tuitt is there take him.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Homer, I mean Eric.

:)

LOL...Just cause I am a ND fan does not mean I am a homer. I don't think every ND player is going to be a stud in the NFL, but when I see talent, I know it. Its not like I am projecting him as a 1st rd pick.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bru. Who is the 1st RB to go? I honestly cannot think of anyone....LOL

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ka'Deem Carey or Charles Sims should be the first running backs off of the board.

What is more important is if NFL evaluators think that Bortles or Manziel are 1st round and more importantly NFL caliber quarterbacks.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ka'Deem Carey or Charles Sims should be the first running backs off of the board.

What is more important is if NFL evaluators think that Bortles or Manziel are 1st round and more importantly NFL caliber quarterbacks.

I think Bortles has real potential more than Manziel anyway

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bortles looked good last night, and Johnny was just plan sick at times. I guess it depends on the coach and what type of offense they run. I can see both going in the 1st, just not sure where.

Anyone see that TE from Duke? Deavers I think? He looked like he has some nice hands. Anyone know more about him.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bortles has real potential more than Manziel anyway

I like Bortles but I think that he has to learn that forcing the ball is going to cause NFL turnovers.

If I were an NFL GM - I am waiting until the 3rd round for Mettenberger before I risk a high 1st round pick on Bortles or Manziel.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bortles but I think that he has to learn that forcing the ball is going to cause NFL turnovers.

If I were an NFL GM - I am waiting until the 3rd round for Mettenberger before I risk a high 1st round pick on Bortles or Manziel.

But that's a transition most QBs have to make, its teachable

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's a transition most QBs have to make, its teachable

There is no doubt that it is teachable and it is clear that Bortles throws a very nice ball.

With that said - if he is on a team that lacks playmakers, I think he is going to have issues.

If there was one common theme in his game last night is that his playmakers made him look real good last night and not the other way around.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no doubt that it is teachable and it is clear that Bortles throws a very nice ball.

With that said - if he is on a team that lacks playmakers, I think he is going to have issues.

If there was one common theme in his game last night is that his playmakers made him look real good last night and not the other way around.

So are we back to Manning vs Brady? J/K

I think we have to consider the quality of WR / TE / RB is also better at the next level. I don't know that I would take him as the first QB off the board I do feel I would take him before Manziel

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really beginning to think that when we draft in round one if Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU is on the board we may want to take a hard look at this kid. I have watched a lot of FSU football this year and IMO this guy is a legit #1 who may slip to us. If we took him in round 1 best TE in round two that would sure help Brady.

Then we can look at DE / SS / OG IMO

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really beginning to think that when we draft in round one if Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU is on the board we may want to take a hard look at this kid. I have watched a lot of FSU football this year and IMO this guy is a legit #1 who may slip to us. If we took him in round 1 best TE in round two that would sure help Brady.

Then we can look at DE / SS / OG IMO

6'5" 235. Fast and strong. Nice hands. Me likey.
Does Dobson have any trade value? Or Amendola?