• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 FA / Combine / Draft

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold statement, considering how much a bad showing at the combine (especially the attitude parts of it) can hurt a first rounder's draft stock.

What's even worse for a player's draft stock is if a highly rated one punches a cop before the draft.

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's even worse for a player's draft stock is if a highly rated one punches a cop before the draft.

lol

But, yeah, exactly. Ebron could run a hair slow and answer some questions badly (making people question his work ethic) and another player could beat expectations and pass him.

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

But, yeah, exactly. Ebron could run a hair slow and answer some questions badly (making people question his work ethic) and another player could beat expectations and pass him.

Yeah there's definitely a loooong way to go before they're all ranked and they have even more time to slice and dice them this year because the draft is in May.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am making the conclusion that Ebron will be the 2nd skill set player off of the board following Watkins because Ebron will have a better combine than Mike Evans who has been rated as a top 5 offensive skill set draft pick.

In my view, Ebron is the best tight end in this class and will be off of the board before Evans, Marqise Lee (because of injury history), Allen Robinson (Penn State), Kelvin Benjamin (Florida State and if he declares) and Jordan Matthews (I really like him but I think he is going to be a late 2nd round pick along with the glut of other wide receivers that will be drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round).

I like Amaro and ASJ but Ebron has better speed and Ebron does not have the off-field concerns that those two guys have.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See where Tuitt got a 2nd rd grade Bru? Little shocked at that one. I still think he comes out and his combine and pro day make him a 1st.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See where Tuitt got a 2nd rd grade Bru? Little shocked at that one. I still think he comes out and his combine and pro day make him a 1st.

Yep - I saw that as well.....if Tuitt is there for the Patriots, they will be in good shape to get a defensive tackle. With that said, I really hope that Hageman from Minnesota is there when their turn to draft in the 1st round.

That guy is going to be a stud.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bru- Another TE, if he comes out and can be had in the later rd is Troy Niklas from ND. Big TE 6'6 who has good hands and can hold onto the ball. He has decent speed and is hard to take down. He is also very, very good at blocking. My thought, if he had a QB who actually used a TE, he would have been the best TE in football, or at least top 3. He would make for another big target in the red zone. If we could add him later on, and get another TE is the early rounds, that would solve some series problems.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bru- Another TE, if he comes out and can be had in the later rd is Troy Niklas from ND. Big TE 6'6 who has good hands and can hold onto the ball. He has decent speed and is hard to take down. He is also very, very good at blocking. My thought, if he had a QB who actually used a TE, he would have been the best TE in football, or at least top 3. He would make for another big target in the red zone. If we could add him later on, and get another TE is the early rounds, that would solve some series problems.

Niklas is Gronk light and IMO not all that great. Maybe a 5th or 6th round talent.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree. Not all pro, but solid non the less and can help this team as a 3rd TE.

Yeah but we have Homan for that. I want an athletic TE. Is Niklas a Senior has he declared?

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris' Mock Draft: Dec. 30 - Mock Drafts - Rotoworld.com

29. New England Patriots

DL Aaron Donald, Pitt

Sure, Donald is “undersized,” checking in at 6’0/290 pounds, but consistent interior disruption trumps everything. Donald has great length and wins from the one, three, and five techniques. I prefer Dominique Easley overall, but Donald has no health concerns and could really help the Patriots’ interior push. Chris jones played admirably, and I would not be surprised if he has a soft spot in Bill Belichick’s heart, but Donald is an immediate improvement.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and Ebron was mocked as the 3rd positional player off of the board after Watkins and Evans with the 18th pick and going to the Jets.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norris' Mock Draft: Dec. 30 - Mock Drafts - Rotoworld.com

29. New England Patriots

DL Aaron Donald, Pitt

Sure, Donald is “undersized,” checking in at 6’0/290 pounds, but consistent interior disruption trumps everything. Donald has great length and wins from the one, three, and five techniques. I prefer Dominique Easley overall, but Donald has no health concerns and could really help the Patriots’ interior push. Chris jones played admirably, and I would not be surprised if he has a soft spot in Bill Belichick’s heart, but Donald is an immediate improvement.

I mentioned this guy in another thread may have been to you or TKO but I like this kid.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this mock for the Pats.

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

I would change the round one picks and I will explain. I would take Tuitt over Hageman for a few reasons. I feel Ninko is better off the bench that's true with some guys and Tuitt is a beast. I am also not sure the need for DT is that high, it's a position where guys can play for a long time. Vince and Kelly will be back, Armestead should contribute next year, they picked up Siplogla ( SP?) from Philly I think and the rookies being forced to get a lot of playing time have developed nicely IMO. Check out the round four pick they have for us, I like it.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this guy in another thread may have been to you or TKO but I like this kid.

Yea, he is JJ Watt with no height and short arms. But, he has a high motor and relies on his speed to be an asset. If that kid gets doubled in the NFL, he's all done for.

With that said - pass rushing sub-packages, yea - I want him in that situation because he is disruptive.

Personally, I don't see him as a value in round 1. We have two defensive tackles that are almost just like this kid in Vellano and Jones.

If Hageman is there, then you would have to take him because he is just as disruptive as Donald but has size.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like this mock for the Pats.

http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2014/

I would change the round one picks and I will explain. I would take Tuitt over Hageman for a few reasons. I feel Ninko is better off the bench that's true with some guys and Tuitt is a beast. I am also not sure the need for DT is that high, it's a position where guys can play for a long time. Vince and Kelly will be back, Armestead should contribute next year, they picked up Siplogla ( SP?) from Philly I think and the rookies being forced to get a lot of playing time have developed nicely IMO. Check out the round four pick they have for us, I like it.

LOL - well lookie there. Hagemen going to the Patriots...and Tuitt slipping to pick #32.

I hear you about Tuitt for Hagemen. With that said - when I see Hageman, do you know who I see?

Ah yes, are we still looking for a Richard Seymour replacement?

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit.

I don't know who put this mock draft together but they must have been reading my fucking mind or something.

This mock draft got us taking Fiedorowicz in round 3 and yea, Murray is going to be there for the taking in round 4 (possibly).

If Murray falls to round 4 because of his injury then that is a major coup.

When I see Murray play, do you know who I see? No joke? He is just like Brees was when he was at Purdue.

Mettenberger is another one - he is Ben Roethlisberger written all over him.

And I see that this mock draft has Hundley declaring and slipping to round 2.

It is going to be an interesting three months when it comes to mock drafts.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - well lookie there. Hagemen going to the Patriots...and Tuitt slipping to pick #32.

I hear you about Tuitt for Hagemen. With that said - when I see Hageman, do you know who I see?

Ah yes, are we still looking for a Richard Seymour replacement?

That is the word on the streets, " At least stepping off the bus he looks like Seymour"

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the word on the streets, " At least stepping off the bus he looks like Seymour"

He plays like Seymour too. He's disruptive and with size. If the Pats can score a draft like that, I would be thrilled. BTW - interesting that they have the Pats drafting a guard in round 2. I could see them getting a guard.

Mankins is gong to be 31 next year? Yep......

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit.

I don't know who put this mock draft together but they must have been reading my fucking mind or something.

This mock draft got us taking Fiedorowicz in round 3 and yea, Murray is going to be there for the taking in round 4 (possibly).

If Murray falls to round 4 because of his injury then that is a major coup.

When I see Murray play, do you know who I see? No joke? He is just like Brees was when he was at Purdue.

Mettenberger is another one - he is Ben Roethlisberger written all over him.

And I see that this mock draft has Hundley declaring and slipping to round 2.

It is going to be an interesting three months when it comes to mock drafts.

So I am not the only one that likes the draft, and the TE from U Mass looks pretty damn interesting to me. He is IMO a sleeper.