• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2014 Draft

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it Giants next pick is 52 overall in 2nd round.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant Holmes to Dodgers. good pick.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player to watch. 3B Alex Blandino Stanford ranked 52. Should be there when Giants pick next. A stand out in the Cape Cod league. Giants scouts like players that do well in the Cape Cod. A nice swing. Good plate discipline .

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player to watch. 3B Alex Blandino Stanford ranked 52. Should be there when Giants pick next. A stand out in the Cape Cod league. Giants scouts like players that do well in the Cape Cod. A nice swing. Good plate discipline .

And they tend to like Stanford players as well. Good call...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did they just show who the As took in 2000?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI, Beede pitches against Stanford tomorrow, so we'll all get a chance to peep him.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see the Braves pick in the second round? The guy they had go up to announce the pick sounded EXACTLY like Cleveland (from Family Guy). He kinda looked like him too.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia above average smarts with a nice swing. I think this was a reach though at 52 . Was ranked in the high 70's by MLB.

Would of rather had..

Trey Supak RHP

Matt Railey CF Left handed

Greg Allen CF Switch hitter

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia above average smarts with a nice swing. I think this was a reach though at 52 . Was ranked in the high 70's by MLB.

Would HAVE rather had..

Trey Supak RHP

Matt Railey CF Left handed

Greg Allen CF Switch hitter

:fify:

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best value for their picks so far in this draft.

Braxton Davidson - 1B OF Atlanta Braves My favorite position player in the draft at pick 32. This is a top 10 player. I have no doubt he will be a star in MLB. Take it to the bank.

Touki Troussaint - RHP Arizona D-Backs with pick 16. Another star in the making. Giants might kick themselves for passing on him and now will have to face him for years to come. Top 10 talent.

Mike Papi - 1B OF Cleveland Indians Great swing that will develop into a All Star caliber player. A top 20 talent he lasted until pick 39 . Baseball runs in his blood having family members that played at a high level.

Sean Reid - Foley RHP Toronto Blue Jays Might be the best value so far in the draft. He will pitch in the bigs and do very well. I like everything about this pitcher. Top 20 talent. Goes #49 Wow steal.

Matt Imhof - LHP Philadelphia Phillies Big frame at 6'5" was one of the best strikeout pitchers in college with Cal Poly . Top 30 talent. Goes #47

Joe Gotto - RHP California Angels - Gotto projects out to a #2 or #3 starter. A top 25 talent and he goes pick #53.

Grant Hockin - RHP Cleveland Indians Hockin is the grandson of Harmon Killebrew but will make a name for himself as a pitcher in the bigs either as a starter or reliever. Another solid pick by the Indians at #61.

Garrett Fulencheck - RHP Atlanta Braves Braves scouting department one of the best in MLB. Solid pick and great value at #66.

Sam Travis - 1B RH Boston Red Sox Perfest swing for Fenway Park . Will launch some in his career. Good pick at #67.

Trey Supack - RHP Pittsburgh Pirates This kid has a big upside. Baseball runs in the family. 6'5" with more muscle to put on his frame. Fastball has plenty of movement. Might be the sleeper in the draft so far through 2 rounds. Pirates get Supak with pick #73.

Some good value in this draft. Who will be the next star?

The Braves did very good today.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On MLBTv, Byrnes just said he is a Lancer. I had no idea. Another reason to wish he would have lasted to the Giants.

Oh well, good luck to you, brother...

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these guys might be available in this 3rd round for the Giants. All three are good.

Michael Cederoth - RHP San Diego State - Big dude with a big arm. Might be a future closer.

Matt Railey - CF L/L High School player - Can hit. All around talent . Would be a good pick.

Greg Allen - CF Switch hitter San Diego State - Great attitude with talent. This kid has all the intangibles. Would fit right in with a classy organization like the Giants.

Here we go Round 3.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dylan Davis, OF, OR

Best, you have any info?

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants select Dylan Davis - RF/P This kid led the Cape Cod league in Slg. .567. Big body that has power. Can also bring it on the mound. A 2 way player. Big upside but he might end up in RF with that power bat and hose from the OF.

I almost wrote his name down for the third round. Good pick.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dylan Davis, OF, OR

Best, you have any info?

Here's what MLB.com says:

6'0" 215lbs DOB: 07/20/93

Davis played with Michael Conforto at Redmond (Wash.) High before joining him at Oregon State -- and possibly in the early rounds of the 2014 Draft. They're both offensive-minded corner outfielders, though Davis has the added dimension of a mid-90s fastball off the mound. The Cape Cod League's slugging percentage leader last summer at .567, Davis has the power and arm strength to profile as a big league right fielder. He can get home run-conscious at times, but his swing and approach are sound enough that he could hit for a solid average. Though he's a below-average runner, he covers enough ground in right field. Davis has only thrown sparingly, both at Oregon State and on the Cape, but that was an enough work to intrigue scouts with his fastball, which peaks at 97 mph and has some sink. He'll likely get drafted as a right fielder, with the fallback possibility of becoming a late-inning reliever.

2014 Draft: Dylan Davis, OF/P | MLB.com

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis might be that power OF we have been looking for . He can pound the ball.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's what MLB.com says:

6'0" 215lbs DOB: 07/20/93

Davis played with Michael Conforto at Redmond (Wash.) High before joining him at Oregon State -- and possibly in the early rounds of the 2014 Draft. They're both offensive-minded corner outfielders, though Davis has the added dimension of a mid-90s fastball off the mound. The Cape Cod League's slugging percentage leader last summer at .567, Davis has the power and arm strength to profile as a big league right fielder. He can get home run-conscious at times, but his swing and approach are sound enough that he could hit for a solid average. Though he's a below-average runner, he covers enough ground in right field. Davis has only thrown sparingly, both at Oregon State and on the Cape, but that was an enough work to intrigue scouts with his fastball, which peaks at 97 mph and has some sink. He'll likely get drafted as a right fielder, with the fallback possibility of becoming a late-inning reliever.

2014 Draft: Dylan Davis, OF/P | MLB.com

The writeup kind of reminds me of Mac Williamson. A bit smaller, and less speed. Looks like a 3+ tool player. not bad.