• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you shoot somebody below the waist, you probably won't be charged with attempted murder if they survive. If you shoot them above the waist, anything is possible. (By the way, what I just said is not 100% true as a mean DA can still pin the attempted murder charge on you if they feel they have the evidence for a conviction).

It appears the follow through is the key here.

I get your point. But my point is, you pull a trigger, you intend to hurt someone. Just like when you hit someone in the numbers who is facing the boards, you intend to hurt them.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you shoot somebody below the waist, you probably won't be charged with attempted murder if they survive. If you shoot them above the waist, anything is possible. (By the way, what I just said is not 100% true as a mean DA can still pin the attempted murder charge on you if they feel they have the evidence for a conviction).

It appears the follow through is the key here.

Didnt I see that in Midnight Express?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No supplementary discpline for Dustin Brown for his hit last night on Murray...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
No supplementary discpline for Dustin Brown for his hit last night on Murray...

what's that I hear?
a questionable hit by Dustin Brown?

shocked, i tells ya

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no fan of Brown, as my previous posts about him clearly demonstrate, but in this case, I'm ok with the decision not to suspend.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm no fan of Brown, as my previous posts about him clearly demonstrate, but in this case, I'm ok with the decision not to suspend.
yeah, me too actually.
the list just keeps getting longer though.

mainly, i kinda just want someone beat the everlovin' cheese out of the guy.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw that Alexei Emelin of the Habs was fined $5000 for butt-ending Pascal Pelletier of the Canucks in last night's game...

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I just saw that Alexei Emelin of the Habs was fined $5000 for butt-ending Pascal Pelletier of the Canucks in last night's game...

no call during the game, fwiw

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's that I hear?
a questionable hit by Dustin Brown?

shocked, i tells ya

The hit was clean as a whistle.

Brown is questionable at times. Many times. The hits. The diving. I watched this one live. This was not one of those times.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, me too actually.
the list just keeps getting longer though.

mainly, i kinda just want someone beat the everlovin' cheese out of the guy.

Wiz had him but the collar but all of his bones suddenly stopped working and he kinda collapsed in a heap.

The hit was clean as a whistle.

Brown is questionable at times. Many times. The hits. The diving. I watched this one live. This was not one of those times.

I think he was as surprised as anyone the hit was clean. It's okay he wasn't suspended for this one. Although I would have preferred that someone on the Jackets rearranged the bones in his face and put him out for the number of games he should be suspended for being Dustin Brown.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was at the game with my sons (one son's team was playing a father-son pick-up on the Caps ice after). One father, who is loudmouthed idiot at the kids' games as well, went nuts...couldn't believe Orlov for 5 for that. I looked at him and said, "you've shown all season you don't know shit about hockey, but even you can't believe that was not a boarding major." he just mumbled something about whatever, pens fans and Crosby.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game with my sons (one son's team was playing a father-son pick-up on the Caps ice after). One father, who is loudmouthed idiot at the kids' games as well, went nuts...couldn't believe Orlov for 5 for that. I looked at him and said, "you've shown all season you don't know shit about hockey, but even you can't believe that was not a boarding major." he just mumbled something about whatever, pens fans and Crosby.

That was definitely worth a five minute major, was pretty surprised Schenn got up so quickly and actually took a shift on the Flyers resultant PP.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the 2 game suspension. I saw that live yesterday and was surprised like you Dash that Schenn got up so quickly.

When they kept showing the replay on TV....you could see the bearded Caps fan with the long white sleeve shirt leaning forward give a fist pump screaming "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH". You can see him in the video.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they kept showing the replay on TV....you could see the bearded Caps fan with the long white sleeve shirt leaning forward give a fist pump screaming "YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH". You can see him in the video.

Are we positive of the gender?

:behindsofa:

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was definitely worth a five minute major, was pretty surprised Schenn got up so quickly and actually took a shift on the Flyers resultant PP.

certainly most caps fans around us agreed it was a penalty, but I could tell few thought a long the same lines as loudmouth...and I think you touched upon why...I think they felt Schenn took dive with the way he popped up so quickly

it was funny when a flyers fan so you know it doesn't have to result in an injury for it to be a penalty...not sure why, but that did make me chuckle

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
certainly most caps fans around us agreed it was a penalty, but I could tell few thought a long the same lines as loudmouth...and I think you touched upon why...I think they felt Schenn took dive with the way he popped up so quickly

it was funny when a flyers fan so you know it doesn't have to result in an injury for it to be a penalty...not sure why, but that did make me chuckle

I think Shanny got it right, first time offender but it was textbook boarding and sending the message out to young players early may be the best way to stop it. Orlov was pissed that Schenn lit him up 5-10 seconds before he boarded him and reacted, shows intent I believe. Also in Schenn's defense this is like the 5th hit he's taken from behind, last game against the caps Wilson did the same thing to him behind the net and neither time did he turn at the last second. Schenn does have a habit of sometimes forgetting to protect himself in that position but at the same time since those hits aren't supposed to happen anymore I can kinda understand not be ready to get drilled when you're facing the boards with your numbers showing.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Orlov hit was one of the worst I've seen honestly, the outcome just happened to be positive. I think most of us remember bad hits based on their result, not the actual hit. A lot of bad boarding calls can be not excused but at least understood due to a guy turning at the last second or it being a quick play...but man, Orlov had tons of time to not make that hit...and proceeded to charge the guy, from behind into the boards, and jumped into this upper body. If Schenn is hurt on that, gotta think it's a 5-7 range suspension.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three games for Zack Kassian:

Last edited by a moderator: