• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Anderson with a cheeky butt-end on Adam Henrique...

Last edited by a moderator:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty shitty and intentional. Who knows what Shanaban will do with this one. Maybe give him a mean look, most likely a fine because the player still has an eyeball.

Edit: Is that Chico? "Hey, you can't do that"! LOL.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
@TSNBobMcKenzie
NHL has requested in-person disciplinary hearing for MTL's Ryan White after his hit to head of PHI's Kent Huskins. Hearing date TBD

opens the door to 6+, of course

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think White is a first time offender, but a couple of his previous hits were definitely on the edge...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he got a major and a match penalty.. unfortunately the refs called 14 minutes in penalties against kurtis foster for tackling him afterward so the flyers got 1 minute of PP time out of it.. the instigator, in cases like this, is complete garbage. very clearly a suspendable and dirty hit by white

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the in-person hearing request for this one.

This one isn't even close to as bad as some of the other hits that have gotten 2-3 games.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the in-person hearing request for this one.

This one isn't even close to as bad as some of the other hits that have gotten 2-3 games.

they seem to really hate hits that blatantly target the head, regardless of it's a freight train or a glancing blow.. this one was more of the latter, but the only thing white could've hit was huskins' head, and he lifted up to do just that.. plus (going off memory here, which is definitely questionable) i dont think huskins even had the puck in the whole sequence

this one deserves a considerable suspension IMO.. not to say that others haven't deserved more and gotten less, but considering ryan white's lack of star power, i'm not surprised

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they seem to really hate hits that blatantly target the head, regardless of it's a freight train or a glancing blow.. this one was more of the latter, but the only thing white could've hit was huskins' head, and he lifted up to do just that.. plus (going off memory here, which is definitely questionable) i dont think huskins even had the puck in the whole sequence

this one deserves a considerable suspension IMO.. not to say that others haven't deserved more and gotten less, but considering ryan white's lack of star power, i'm not surprised

Huskins had actually just played the puck, so there's no late hit/interference consideration. Here's a good angle of it too which shows it was more of a glancing blow, as you said.

[YOUTUBE]r-PQKhOc4s8[/YOUTUBE]

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think White is going to get the book thrown at him because he could have laid a good solid body check on Huskins but it likely could have hurt him as much as Huskins (you almost see him starting to bail out as he approaches Huskins). I think he decided to go for the glancing blow to the head because if he just does a fly-by, you know Therrien is going to staple his butt to the bench.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think White is going to get the book thrown at him because he could have laid a good solid body check on Huskins but it likely could have hurt him as much as Huskins (you almost see him starting to bail out as he approaches Huskins). I think he decided to go for the glancing blow to the head because if he just does a fly-by, you know Therrien is going to staple his butt to the bench.

I'm not a big blame the victim guy, but Huskins definitely pulls up at the last second to try to avoid the hit. If he keeps skating as he was (though who can blame him for trying to avoid a hit), that's a solid body check instead of a head shot.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskins had actually just played the puck, so there's no late hit/interference consideration. Here's a good angle of it too which shows it was more of a glancing blow, as you said.

[YOUTUBE]r-PQKhOc4s8[/YOUTUBE]

Touché, I thought the puck was wrapped around the boards and goin to read at the time of the hit. Not as aggregious as I first thought. Still a definite head shot by a low profile player though. They like to go hard on that.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't like how White significantly raises his shoulder to hit only the head.

In the discourse about getting headshots (that don't include elbows, boarding, etc) out of the game, this is the type of hit that needs to be addressed.

He should be gone for at least 3 games. I'd give him 6 to send a message personally.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am apparently supposed to be outraged on a hit Anisimov took on Saturday. I was out with the Mrs at a charity event AND under the influence of painkillers, so I didn't see it.

Anyone help me out?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am apparently supposed to be outraged on a hit Anisimov took on Saturday. I was out with the Mrs at a charity event AND under the influence of painkillers, so I didn't see it.

Anyone help me out?

I think it was this one 43...

Last edited by a moderator: