• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idk ... seems like more than just a regular slash ... 2 handed swing ??? and with the history between the 2 players???

repeat offender ???
repeat victim ???

If he slashed him up in the midsection, on the hands, down at the ankles, or (obviously) at the face like that, I would say so. But he slashed a guy on the hip while he was on the breakaway. It was a little harder than usual, but that's not an uncommon last-ditch effort to stop the breakaway.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there's any chance that Keith slash gets reviewed jstew...

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know I'm biased but I think it was a penalty but not a suspension.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I know I'm biased but I think it was a penalty but not a suspension.

turns out the official behind the play was calling a penalty on the slash (arm raised)

i dont know who is calling for a suspension

imo, I think this is a fine-able thing. It goes in the officials post game report so maybe it gets looked at :noidea:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no dog in this fight because I like both teams but that was a pretty good slash and pretty high too. Maybe a fine would be in order?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no dog in this fight because I like both teams but that was a pretty good slash and pretty high too. Maybe a fine would be in order?

I will say that Keith knew exactly what he was doing (i.e. slashes Daniel and if he scores, the penalty gets wiped out or slashes Daniel and if he doesn't score, he gets awarded a penalty shot).

I still think this falls under the category of a hockey play because the majority of defensemen would have done the same thing (I suppose you could argue whether or not the slash was overly vicious).

Edit: Taylor Hall got nothing for his slash to Michalek and that was in my opinion a much more vicious slash than the one Keith gave Daniel last night.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that Keith knew exactly what he was doing (i.e. slashes Daniel and if he scores, the penalty gets wiped out or slashes Daniel and if he doesn't score, he gets awarded a penalty shot).

I still think this falls under the category of a hockey play because the majority of defensemen would have done the same thing (I suppose you could argue whether or not the slash was overly vicious).

Edit: Taylor Hall got nothing for his slash to Michalek and that was in my opinion a much more vicious slash than the one Keith gave Daniel last night.

That's how I see it too. Then again, it is the Wheel, so who knows.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

does the nhl look at infractions in isolation? they dont look at the history between the 2 players?

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't classify that as a hockey play. He had no chance at the puck, or even Daniel's stick. The only way he affects that play is by hurting the opponent, and to me that crosses a line.

Similarly, it's not like a slash or crosscheck where two players are going at it on the boards and tempers get the better of them.

No, in this case Keith knew he couldn't catch Daniel, knew he couldn't slow him down, and just decided to take a big two hander at him. Not acceptable. Definitely needs to be reviewed IMO. Fine would suffice. But I think Keith might be on the Shanaban radar going forward.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't classify that as a hockey play. He had no chance at the puck, or even Daniel's stick. The only way he affects that play is by hurting the opponent, and to me that crosses a line.

Similarly, it's not like a slash or crosscheck where two players are going at it on the boards and tempers get the better of them.

No, in this case Keith knew he couldn't catch Daniel, knew he couldn't slow him down, and just decided to take a big two hander at him. Not acceptable. Definitely needs to be reviewed IMO. Fine would suffice. But I think Keith might be on the Shanaban radar going forward.

That seems to be the determining factor, though. Since Daniel wasn't injured, I doubt it even gets a second look from Shanny (not saying it's right, just seems to be the way it is).

And as jstew mentioned above, I don't know if prior history between the two players is even considered. If they do consider that fact, Keith might be looking at a fine.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't see the Taylor Hall slash was it as high?

This is why I asked dash about the other slash. It's not like he went after his sick to knock the puck away he just slashed away at his arm or shoulder area. Who knows.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as jstew mentioned above, I don't know if prior history between the two players is even considered. If they do consider that fact, Keith might be looking at a fine.

any other player (who got slashed) and Id pass it off as a penalty that got washed out but there is history here

does the NHL just want this to keep festering ... are they waiting for Kassian to finally develop into his hero and break some transverse processes? (Hes already working on the push-off)

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see the Taylor Hall slash was it as high?

This is why I asked dash about the other slash. It's not like he went after his sick to knock the puck away he just slashed away at his arm or shoulder area. Who knows.

The Hall slash was far worse than this one.

If that doesn't get looked at, this doesn't, IMO.

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
turns out the official behind the play was calling a penalty on the slash (arm raised)

i dont know who is calling for a suspension

imo, I think this is a fine-able thing. It goes in the officials post game report so maybe it gets looked at :noidea:

I wasn't sure, I was to lazy to read everything and it was in the shanaban thread.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be the determining factor, though. Since Daniel wasn't injured, I doubt it even gets a second look from Shanny (not saying it's right, just seems to be the way it is).

Agreed. The NHL is really behind when it comes to this.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paging Sherriff Shanny, Paging Sherriff Shanny. Sherriff Shanny, please turn on the Wild/Kings game as soon as possible.

Dustin Brown just possibly ended Pomminville's season. Launched back on him, elbow first.

Not even a penalty. Epically bad.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paging Sherriff Shanny, Paging Sherriff Shanny. Sherriff Shanny, please turn on the Wild/Kings game as soon as possible.

Dustin Brown just possibly ended Pomminville's season. Launched back on him, elbow first.

Not even a penalty. Epically bad.

So what if he gets two games - he'll be back for the playoffs and the population of Pominville just went to zero.

If you look at it, a smart move by Brown - knowing Shanny doesn't have the balls to give you more than a slap on the wrist and possibly crippling another playoff contender in your conference.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow. They just showed a previous event in the game. Nolan charged him and hit him high too.

Rough night for Pommer.