• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No penalty called on the Brown elbow - I say a fine or maybe one game suspension.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No penalty called on the Brown elbow - I say a fine or maybe one game suspension.

For Brown or the blind idiot in stripes?

Wow, holy shit. Are there even refs AT this game? P-M Bouchard just raced to beat an icing and the Kings Dman grabbed him by the face and tried to throw him down.

I predict someone (other than Pommer) is going to get seriously injured.

Holy fuck. Now Brown just shredded Brodin with a slash. Nothing. And the Kings score.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with out commenting on if I think Brown will be suspended, I will point out the irony in it. The Wild need the Kings to win their next two games. Brown getting suspended for those games could eliminate the Wild from the playoffs.

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with out commenting on if I think Brown will be suspended, I will point out the irony in it. The Wild need the Kings to win their next two games. Brown getting suspended for those games could eliminate the Wild from the playoffs.

How do you figure that? The way I see it, after tonight's win the Wild are back in control of their own destiny. - And It doesn't hurt that the Jackets, Wings & Stars are pretty much in a 'round robin' this week.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's stupid of Brown... I always liked the guy and he's a hell of a player but there's two things that bug the shit out of me: a) he's one of the biggest divers in the league and b) he makes a few hits like that every once in a while. I know he hits a lot so he's got to have some borderline/bad ones in there, but still, no excuse.

I hope he gets 2 games so he doesn't play against the Sharks in the last game.

He will probably only get 1 game, though. If he only gets a fine, that's a travesty.

PS. He has never been suspended before? Is that right? Does that mean he automatically *can't* get suspended (fine only)?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure that? The way I see it, after tonight's win the Wild are back in control of their own destiny. - And It doesn't hurt that the Jackets, Wings & Stars are pretty much in a 'round robin' this week.

If LA beats Detroit the Wild only need one win to make the playoffs.
If they beat the Sharks the Wild could move into 5th
LA winning both games opens up a lot more chances for the wild. LA losing means the Wild must win both games

IndyAndy

I can't reMember
Paddock Stand, Section 23, Row QQ, Seat 4
Hoopla Cash
$ 545.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LA beats Detroit the Wild only need one win to make the playoffs.
If they beat the Sharks the Wild could move into 5th
LA winning both games opens up a lot more chances for the wild. LA losing means the Wild must win both games

Okay - gottcha. I wasn't thinking about the Wild doing better than the 7th seed: I was just focused on them not dropping out of the picture altogether!

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is one of those guys that I always find myself shocked to learn he's never been suspended. He throws cheap hits all the time and somehow doesn't ever get punished for it.

I think this was worse than Whyte's hit that got him 5 games. But since Brown probably qualifies (or gets close enough to) the NHL's superstar bucket, he'll get nothing.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 4m
Confirming that Dustin Brown will indeed have a hearing today for his elbow on Jason Pominville. Kings play in Detroit tonight.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 game max for Dustin Brown

his elbow pales in comparison to the brain scrambling death blow Jannik Hansen threw on Marian Hossa

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true (the last part)

Gotcha, thanks. I didn't think that was right but I read it somewhere and was like... uhh, doesn't make any sense.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am guessing that brown gets 2 games but only a fine would not surprise me. If not for the hit in game 5 vs Phx i would expect a fine. He extended his elbow but did not raise it. The contact was around Browns lower rib height. Not a head hunt but a ayer needed to be responsible for his elbows just like a stick. A high stick can still be called if the player hit is prone on the ice.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet 4m
Confirming that Dustin Brown will indeed have a hearing today for his elbow on Jason Pominville. Kings play in Detroit tonight.

Sheriff Shanny will shoot him where he stands.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown out of the lineup tonight would certainly help the Red Wings and their playoff aspirations.

/I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'