• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, when I was looking for the hit before, I'd found someone had dubbed Torts' thoughts from before over the hit. Thought it was funny.

Wonder how Fonzie feels today.

This is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it should. its worse than Lupuls IMO. should be 2 games.

haha look at us professional judgement makers lol

Lupus got 2 games and deservedly so. Nash should get at 2 for sure. If not, then shanaban should get the ban.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a joke. He leaps into a guys head, and nothing. Injury sminjury. HE LEAPS INTO HIS HEAD. He went out of his way to hit high.

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha... Shanahan "Wheel of Justice" or "Dart Board of Doom" coming?

I sense a Down Goes Brown article for Tuesday.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4093950458_03e4645497_o_d.gif

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a Rangers fan on Puck Daddy claiming that Nash was "trying to avoid contact." Right. Well. I needed a reminder as to why I don't read comments over there.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW cox is going OFF on the NHL and a conspiracy. I do believe not giving Nash at least a hearing is terrible.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Let's assume for the moment league is delaying since Rangers don't play until Sunday.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Nothing for Nash while Lupul gets two is not only wrong, its tampering with integrity of playoff race. Let's hope this is misunderstanding.
Expand

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Shanahan, an ex-Ranger, would be exposing himself to serious conflict of interest allegations if there is no Nash hearing/suspension.
Expand

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
If Lupul got two and Nash doesn't even get a hearing the Leafs should and must file a letter of protest with NHL. This cannot be true.
Expand

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
I have to believe there will at least be a hearing for Nash. Otherwise, this entire process is irretrievably broken and possibly corrupt.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW cox is going OFF on the NHL and a conspiracy. I do believe not giving Nash at least a hearing is terrible.

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Let's assume for the moment league is delaying since Rangers don't play until Sunday.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Nothing for Nash while Lupul gets two is not only wrong, its tampering with integrity of playoff race. Let's hope this is misunderstanding.
Expand

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Shanahan, an ex-Ranger, would be exposing himself to serious conflict of interest allegations if there is no Nash hearing/suspension.
Expand

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
If Lupul got two and Nash doesn't even get a hearing the Leafs should and must file a letter of protest with NHL. This cannot be true.
Expand

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
I have to believe there will at least be a hearing for Nash. Otherwise, this entire process is irretrievably broken and possibly corrupt.

Ironically Kronwall got no hearing for targeting the head too. Hmmm...:think:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cox going off on something??? say it isn't so.

/sarcasm

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ Cox

This ruling is terrible though. There is some serious intent there.

The only reason Kopecky has a noggin still at the end of his neck is that he turned his back and hunched over as the hit was in mid-flight.

P.S. Any time a hit can be described as "mid-flight" there should probably be a hearing.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Expand

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Expand

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h

Ironically Kronwall got no hearing for targeting the head too. Hmmm...:think:

Don't get me started.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something with the Edler hit? Is there actually any rule that says that is a penalty? Because that hit is clean as shit if Mike Smith is a skater.

Stay in your fucking crease.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good for Lupul.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, someone with more energy and time than me could go and put together a video of hits where Red Wings and Rangers got nothing for similar hits applied by players of rivals of those two teams. And then compare suspensions for stars vs other guys.

You know, if they wanted to.

Yes, I am still pissed off about Wisniewski's suspension last year.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, someone with more energy and time than me could go and put together a video of hits where Red Wings and Rangers got nothing for similar hits applied by players of rivals of those two teams. And then compare suspensions for stars vs other guys.

I agree and this is becoming a problem. It's looking very obvious and I hope more players sound off about it. It's bullshit !!!

Like sbb said "Good for Lupul".

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the same exact thing, but this is how I feel about the Devils being penalized for the Kovy cap circumvention fiasco. If that's the Habs, Rangers etc. making that move, no way the league comes down as hard on them. I'm not trying to be paranoid conspiracy theorist fan, but I do think certain teams get preferential treatment from the league.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the same exact thing, but this is how I feel about the Devils being penalized for the Kovy cap circumvention fiasco. If that's the Habs, Rangers etc. making that move, no way the league comes down as hard on them. I'm not trying to be paranoid conspiracy theorist fan, but I do think certain teams get preferential treatment from the league.

Like i said in a previous post it's starting to look obvious. Also said " Meet the new boss, same as the old boss". It's bullshit and it's obvious.

Maybe they should go to a panel to discuss disciplinary action to eliminate the possibility of personal feelings. Note I didn't say biased. <cough>