• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ll give you that he didnt slow down. and I agree its a penalty. but a suspension? I just dont see it. a fine sure then if this is a new way of protecting the goalies the next time a suspension. but no this to me doesnt sit right but the officiating of the entire game last night and much of this season all over the league doesnt sit right

I guess you have to take into account who it is in this case. Let's say this was Torres making the same kind of play and Schneider was behind his net.. I think it would be safe to say most would want Torres' head for it.

Edler isn't anywhere close to being a questionable, cheap-shot like player, and I could see him not getting anything for this from Shanny. But, it is a hit on the goalie, and to the letter of the rule, it is still an illegal play.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with all the theatrics Smith involves himself in, nothings out of the question

Any goalie who knows he's about to get run over like that (legally or not) is going to get himself into the best possible position to protect himself. Those guys were coming fast and he's got no option to try to avoid the hit.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have to take into account who it is in this case. Let's say this was Torres making the same kind of play and Schneider was behind his net.. I think it would be safe to say most would want Torres' head for it.

Edler isn't anywhere close to being a questionable, cheap-shot like player, and I could see him not getting anything for this from Shanny. But, it is a hit on the goalie, and to the letter of the rule, it is still an illegal play.

and a 5 minute major was called on the ice

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a real dilemma with the Nash hit on Kopecky - Part of me doesn't like the hit at all while the other part believes Kopecky is long overdue in receiving some payback for a career of being a pussy.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a real dilemma with the Nash hit on Kopecky - Part of me doesn't like the hit at all while the other part believes Kopecky is long overdue in receiving some payback for a career of being a pussy.

Tie Domi understands your dilemma.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ah fuck Edlers going to get 25 years to life after watching this

Andrew Shaw suspended 3 games Video - NHL VideoCenter

in all seriousness, Im still waiting for some discipline to go in excess of 5 games

nhl has suppressed length of suspension not because of a shortened season but because they dont want any part of the new appeals process they agreed to with the PA for the new cba

everything is under 5 games ... no matter what the severity ... you get 1 game ... you get 2 games ... its like Oprah is handing out the suspensions

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in all seriousness, Im still waiting for some discipline to go in excess of 5 games

nhl has suppressed length of suspension not because of a shortened season but because they dont want any part of the new appeals process they agreed to with the PA for the new cba

everything is under 5 games ... no matter what the severity ... you get 1 game ... you get 2 games ... its like Oprah is handing out the suspensions

tumblr_lzevtvOKy61r8v67oo1_400.gif

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a 5 minute major was called on the ice

Doesn't that make you think that there might still be some fallout from this situation, though? Right or wrong, they deemed it worthy of a major penalty call on the ice.

Plus, Shanny is likely looking to rein in the hits on goalies after what Lucic did to Miller, last season, as well as some rough play in the playoffs last season that involved Smith and the Hawks.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't that make you think that there might still be some fallout from this situation, though? Right or wrong, they deemed it worthy of a major penalty call on the ice.

Plus, Shanny is likely looking to rein in the hits on goalies after what Lucic did to Miller, last season, as well as some rough play in the playoffs last season that involved Smith and the Hawks.

yeah I think it will be 2 games. I dont think there was a headshot like the video I posted Shaw/Smith but they will make it another example. still dont like it at all

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

probably will be fallout ... i dont think there should be ... but just because a major is called doesnt mean a suspension is automatic > thats why they review these things and why occassionally you will see an explanation that involves the statement that the call on the ice (major) was enough "discipline"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
probably will be fallout ... i dont think there should be ... but just because a major is called doesnt mean a suspension is automatic > thats why they review these things and why occassionally you will see an explanation that involves the statement that the call on the ice (major) was enough "discipline"

it did cause a goal against for us :D so that should be enough

I think he will get 2 now I dont think he deserves any

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For once I agree with Larry Brooks... Uh oh.

Last edited by a moderator: