• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCKING WOW. Edler gets a phone hearing for hitting Smith behind the net last night. Gotta protect that leagues team goalie

Last edited by a moderator:

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCKING WOW. Edler gets a phone hearing for hitting Smith behind the net last night. Gotta protect that leagues team goalie

Edler made no effort whatsoever to avoid the contact and drove right through the hit.

No question that it was an illegal hit, and I think the league is still watching their backs a bit after Lucic/Miller.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bitch. I wish Smith would have kicked his ass. He probably could do it, too.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bitch. I wish Smith would have kicked his ass. He probably could do it, too.

he was way too busy flopping into the air and doing a swan dive to the ground.

on a side note Im sure they will take the injury into this as Smith didnt play in the next period however this is not what injiured smith it was the collison with sedin earlier. this looks worse than it is.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

on a side note Im sure they will take the injury into this as Smith didnt play in the next period however this is not what injiured smith it was the collison with sedin earlier. this looks worse than it is.

Was the collision with Sedin a penalty too?

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually agree with you. I didn't really think it was all that bad....a penalty to be sure, probably even worthy of a double minor, but that's about it. certainly not worth a call from the Shanaban, IMHO.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know, Matty. He didn't slow down. He made that hit like Smith was just another player behind the net, and not a goal tender. What else do you expect the goalie to do? Unless it's Hextall back there, they're all going to go down like a .10 cent hooker.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is a notorious embellisher on minor contact, so it's tough to say if he embellished this or not, but he did snap his head back pretty good.

The sad part is Smith could have seen him coming, stuck up his elbow and basically knocked Edler out and nothing would have been called.

That is nothing more than a two minute penalty in my book.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they look at it from a hockey perspective and not from an ... "OH MY GOD WHAT A BITCH PLAY" perspective

Edler makes a risky pinch on an expiring power play with a coyote player about to come out of the box ... and he's caught low behind the net ... his whole hockey intent there is to get back to the point as fast as he can ... what was he supposed to do ... stop???? fuck that ... or are we supposed to believe that the dreaded Alex Edler was out there purposefully wanting to obliterate and opposition player (canucks fans only can wish this was the case with softie Edler the way he's lost his physicality post contract extension :L)

they should also look at Smith consistently putting himself in the position to be hit year after year ... and that beautiful head/neck snap he does that Burrows/Kesler would give the Weisers brotherhood golf clap for

Mike Smith, dude, seriously: get out of the way | Backhand Shelf | Blogs | theScore.com

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, Matty. He didn't slow down. He made that hit like Smith was just another player behind the net, and not a goal tender. What else do you expect the goalie to do? Unless it's Hextall back there, they're all going to go down like a .10 cent hooker.

ll give you that he didnt slow down. and I agree its a penalty. but a suspension? I just dont see it. a fine sure then if this is a new way of protecting the goalies the next time a suspension. but no this to me doesnt sit right but the officiating of the entire game last night and much of this season all over the league doesnt sit right

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was the collision with Sedin a penalty too?

no because Sedin was actually PUSHED into SMith by their defenseman Stone (no call on that either) I cant find that video but Sedin was driving to the net save made, Sedin starts to pull off catches a rut and Stone pushes sedin in the back into smith and that is when he was injured (and Sedin got Smiths stick in the face which to some people should be highsticking now even though sedin was on the ice sliding and got a bloody face)

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if Nash's blindsiding of (I think) Kopecky last night will warrant a call from the sheriff.

He left his feet and led with an elbow. Can't find video yet.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wondering if Nash's blindsiding of (I think) Kopecky last night will warrant a call from the sheriff.

He left his feet and led with an elbow. Can't find video yet.

it should. its worse than Lupuls IMO. should be 2 games.

haha look at us professional judgement makers lol

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith throws a nice punch at Sedin for his troubles

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here we go. That was pretty blatant. If Lupul got two, Nash should get 4.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're really stretching to call that a punch. Dude knows he's about to get run over (no issue with that since it was that fast break style) and puts his glove up.

with all the theatrics Smith involves himself in, nothings out of the question