• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it can't be more than five, it should be five, my criteria being those already mentioned.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TSNBobMcKenzie
To no one's surprise, ANA's Corey Perry has a telephone hearing with NHL on Wednesday. That means suspension can't be more than 5 games.

gotta be 3, right?

Maybe he'll get "Kaletaed", Has he been suspended before?

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TSNBobMcKenzie
To no one's surprise, ANA's Corey Perry has a telephone hearing with NHL on Wednesday. That means suspension can't be more than 5 games.

gotta be 3, right?

That was brutal. I'd add charging into all that has been mentioned.

One thing that pisses me off is that it's a phone interview for a star.

If that was, take your pick; Chris Neil, Derek Dorsett, Cal Clusterfuck, Jordin TooToo, etc... That would be an in-person beat down.

STOP CODDLING STARS. Vicious hit is a vicious hit. Punish accordingly.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was brutal. I'd add charging into all that has been mentioned.

One thing that pisses me off is that it's a phone interview for a star.

If that was, take your pick; Chris Neil, Derek Dorsett, Cal Clusterfuck, Jordin TooToo, etc... That would be an in-person beat down.

:flock:

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe he'll get "Kaletaed", Has he been suspended before?

Saturday, 01.03.2009 / 6:20 PM / News
PrintNEW YORK—Anaheim Ducks forward Corey Perry has been suspended for four games, without pay, for elbowing Philadelphia Flyers forward Claude Giroux during the third period of NHL Game #564 Friday night, the National Hockey League announced.

Maybe Datsyuk needs to kick his ass again...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

was interesting to listen to craig button (former GM of flames and total buffon) and Steve Kouleous on Thats Hockey 2 Nite on TSN after the games were all over. Buffoon said it should only be 2 games max due to it being a short season (made me laugh and I said out loud so does that mean injuries are automatically quarter as long as that logic) and Kouleous said he hopes its not 2 as this is a former hart trophy winner and we need to see him play (ad libbing here a bit)

it was pretty terrible to listen to

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was interesting to listen to craig button (former GM of flames and total buffon) and Steve Kouleous on Thats Hockey 2 Nite on TSN after the games were all over. Buffoon said it should only be 2 games max due to it being a short season (made me laugh and I said out loud so does that mean injuries are automatically quarter as long as that logic) and Kouleous said he hopes its not 2 as this is a former hart trophy winner and we need to see him play (ad libbing here a bit)

That goes without saying :D

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That sums up the weird logic the NHL uses when handing out suspensions. I swear it drives me nuts when Shanny will mention if the player was injured or not, THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A CONSIDERATION !!! It's the intent not the result ! Why can't these assholes get that into their thick heads.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sums up the weird logic the NHL uses when handing out suspensions. I swear it drives me nuts when Shanny will mention if the player was injured or not, THAT SHOULDN'T EVEN BE A CONSIDERATION !!! It's the intent not the result ! Why can't these assholes get that into their thick heads.

yeah I totally agree boss. that drives me nuts too

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is that? One of the pigs from Angry Birds?

i dont even know to be honest with you.. it looked kinda like a pig flying to me though?

dont we have a :flypig: one i should've used though instead of the flying cowateefrog?

edit: yes, yes we do.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having your head down is no reason for somebody to nail you in the head, but being the threat of somebody nailing you in the head is a very good reason to not keep your head down.

But according to the logic the Sheriff has used this season, players that put themselves in vulnerable positions are getting as much of the benefit from him this season.

Also, he was suspended four years ago for a vicious elbow on Giroux, so I think enough time has passed to make him a non-repeat offender by now.
Then again, outside of Anaheim and when he plays for Team Canada, he's a no good, dirty, purse swinging punk.

I say throw the book at him, but take a game off for him being a superstar in the league's eyes. Also, the Ducks play the Blackhawks four games from now, so the league will want him back for that one.

It adds up to a three game suspension from what I can see.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Only discipline within the past 18 months is considered for 'repeat offender ' status

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zucker got hit all the time in College. For some reason he has a problem keeping his head up. Perry hit him in the head, but isn't a repeat offender. I think all he should get is a fine, but with Shanaban anything can happen.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Ryan Carter get something for this? I hate knee-on-knees so I'd like to see a game or two.

Last edited by a moderator: