• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 Shanaban thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As mentioned on the clip, probably not the best timing with Bettman and a slew of GM's on hand watching it live. Of course, Lupul has never been known as being the sharpest tool in the shed. I say give him 1 game for the hit and 2 games for being an idiot for a total of 3 games.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tweet from Michael Russo (Wild beat writer):

No hearing for #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall for hit on #mnwild rookie Charlie Coyle

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A tweet from Michael Russo (Wild beat writer):

No hearing for #RedWings D Niklas Kronwall for hit on #mnwild rookie Charlie Coyle

Color me shocked.

Looked like a pretty obvious targeting of the head to me on that one.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter anymore - they can play favorites and make things up as they see fit.

Look at Perry's recent suspension; sure he deserved it and maybe more, but stating in the video one of the reasons for the punishment was he was suspended in 2009 for an elbow when the whole repeat offender status clears after 18 months or something like that kind of defeats everything they've told us up until now.

Just change the rules when you need to, turn a blind eye when you want, and pretend that after a week nobody will care anymore.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter anymore - they can play favorites and make things up as they see fit.

Look at Perry's recent suspension; sure he deserved it and maybe more, but stating in the video one of the reasons for the punishment was he was suspended in 2009 for an elbow when the whole repeat offender status clears after 18 months or something like that kind of defeats everything they've told us up until now.

Just change the rules when you need to, turn a blind eye when you want, and discipline someone else in a ridiculous way a week later so everyone will forget this one.

fify

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn and Anaheim still beat Chicago without Perry. ooof

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just change the rules when you need to, turn a blind eye when you want, and pretend that after a week nobody will care anymore.

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Edit: Good post esls.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lupul will do anything to avoid a trip to Buffalo...

Lupul tweeted a picture from his Buffalo hotel room window — featuring a picture of Buffalo’s City Hall — with the caption “Is there any windowless rooms? #buffalo.”

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lupul will do anything to avoid a trip to Buffalo...

Lupul tweeted a picture from his Buffalo hotel room window — featuring a picture of Buffalo’s City Hall — with the caption “Is there any windowless rooms? #buffalo.”

That building is a renowned Art Deco structure that attracts people from around the world that are into architecture from that era. Not that Lupul would know anything about that.

Considered by many to be one of the finest Art Deco public buildings in the country, City Hall was dedicated in 1932, the hundredth anniversary of Buffalo’s founding. Its architect, John Wade, said the building expressed "the masculinity, power and purposeful energy of an industrial community." He wanted an "Americanesque" ornamental building that would dominate the skyline and serve as a symbol of the city.²

The 375-foot high 28-story building, with 316,937 square feet of usable space, cost $6.8 million at its completion. Constructed of gray granite, limestone and warm sandstone, it is beautifully decorated. The exterior features Native American-influenced tile details and friezes depicting aspects of city life, and it is crowned by a brightly colored roof that is illuminated at night.

Buffalo, NY Vacation Info | Visit Niagara Falls | Buffalo Hotels, Restaurants, Things to Do

Buffalo City Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hate people that make stupid comments when they don't know what the're talking about.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That building is a renowned Art Deco structure that attracts people from around the world that are into architecture from that era. Not that Lupul would know anything about that.

Considered by many to be one of the finest Art Deco public buildings in the country, City Hall was dedicated in 1932, the hundredth anniversary of Buffalo’s founding. Its architect, John Wade, said the building expressed "the masculinity, power and purposeful energy of an industrial community." He wanted an "Americanesque" ornamental building that would dominate the skyline and serve as a symbol of the city.²

The 375-foot high 28-story building, with 316,937 square feet of usable space, cost $6.8 million at its completion. Constructed of gray granite, limestone and warm sandstone, it is beautifully decorated. The exterior features Native American-influenced tile details and friezes depicting aspects of city life, and it is crowned by a brightly colored roof that is illuminated at night.

Buffalo, NY Vacation Info | Visit Niagara Falls | Buffalo Hotels, Restaurants, Things to Do

I hate people that make stupid comments when they don't know what the're talking about.

Never been there before Boss. City Hall does look pretty cool though.

2711002059_8727900dfc_b.jpg

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an awesome building and I've seen hundreds of people taking pictures of it (a lot of Asians for some reason) not a knock on them but they are tourist that seem attracted to the building.

It is a very impressive structure. Thanks Kenny.

I just get a little fired up when people make comments like that and don't know the significance or history of the building.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but does it have to be in Buffalo?

I kid. I kid because I love.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I'm a construction/architect kind of guy & that's a damn nice city hall in Buffalo..... Lupul must not have the eyes for nicely built structures as here is his in Fort Saskatchewan, AB, CAN...... LOL

safe_image.php

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to Fort Saskatchewan...... its no Buffalo....

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to derail the topic guy's. I just get a little defensive about stuff like that.

I am sorry. Back to why Shanaban does what Shanaban does. :gaah: