• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 CFB top Offenses and Defenses

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this year. Alabama must go undefeated. The schedule is very weak. The only way that changes is if VT ends up being a top team and Auburn and Arkansas improve dramatically. Otherwise, no way in hell will a 1 loss Alabama make it.

I said elsewhere that the only game Alabama could lose was the A&M game last year, and that worked out. But this year all we really have is the A&M game and the LSU game.

Why? Alabama got in in 2011 and 2012 with a loss. Hell, they didn't even win their own division let alone conference in 2011 and they got in! Again understand that I agree that they should have been in the NCG in those two seasons and have no issue with it. And look at the 2013 schedule. It's pretty much the exact same in strength as it was last year and look what happened. One loss Alabama got in, again, for the second year in a row.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Alabama got in in 2011 and 2012 with a loss. Hell, they didn't even win their own division let alone conference in 2011 and they got in! Again understand that I agree that they should have been in the NCG in those two seasons and have no issue with it. And look at the 2013 schedule. It's pretty much the exact same in strength as it was last year and look what happened. One loss Alabama got in, again, for the second year in a row.

Strength of Schedule. Alabama has a Boise St type schedule this year. Can't lose on a schedule like that.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strength of Schedule. Alabama has a Boise St type schedule this year. Can't lose on a schedule like that.

We'll see how things play out, but it's basically the exact same schedule in terms of SOS as it was last year, and they got in with a loss again in 2012. It's two teams that will probably be ranked in A&M and LSU and then the SEC East champ in the CG if and when they get there. Michigan from last year in the OOC and VT this year will probably pretty much be a wash. It's basically the same schedule and it's good enough to get in over any other one loss team and even several undefeated AQ teams. That's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see how things play out, but it's basically the exact same schedule in terms of SOS as it was last year, and they got in with a loss again in 2012. It's two teams that will probably be ranked in A&M and LSU and then the SEC East champ in the CG if and when they get there. Michigan from last year in the OOC and VT this year will probably pretty much be a wash. It's basically the same schedule and it's good enough to get in over any other one loss team and even several undefeated AQ teams. That's my belief and I'm sticking to it.

Michigan was a quality team. They had a good amount of losses, but the teams they lost against were basically all top10. They played both teams of the national championship, only lost to ND by 7. Then they played Ohio St, the other undefeated team, who ranked in the top5 and only lost 5. They lost to Nebraska who was borderline top10. Then in the bowl game, barely lost to a top10 South Carolina in the last minute.

Hopefully VT will be back up to snuff this year, but that remains to be seen. Michigan was a much higher quality win last year.

Missouri was certainly better than Kentucky, and the bottom of the schedule is much worse this year. And so on. I seriously have Boise St ranked #77 in SoS and Alabama #78 this year.

I'm hoping that it will improve this year as the season goes on, with teams like Auburn and Arkansas improving, and maybe even Kentucky with Stoops there. But it's got a LONG way to go right now, and without large improvements 1 loss will do us in.

Even in 2011 it took everyone else choking for Alabama to get back in it.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While outside of last year I have never believed Boise's schedule to be even close to as bad as many people try to make it out to be, there is no way Bama's SOS is behind Boise's this coming season. No way! It has never been. Things change from season to season obviously but just for grins, these are the ranked teams from last year on each team's schedule if you don't factor in Conference CGs. Bama plays #5 A&M and #14 LSU. Ohio State plays #17 Northwestern and Boise plays #16 Utah State.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan was a quality team. They had a good amount of losses, but the teams they lost against were basically all top10. They played both teams of the national championship, only lost to ND by 7. Then they played Ohio St, the other undefeated team, who ranked in the top5 and only lost 5. They lost to Nebraska who was borderline top10. Then in the bowl game, barely lost to a top10 South Carolina in the last minute.

Hopefully VT will be back up to snuff this year, but that remains to be seen. Michigan was a much higher quality win last year.

Missouri was certainly better than Kentucky, and the bottom of the schedule is much worse this year. And so on. I seriously have Boise St ranked #77 in SoS and Alabama #78 this year.

I'm hoping that it will improve this year as the season goes on, with teams like Auburn and Arkansas improving, and maybe even Kentucky with Stoops there. But it's got a LONG way to go right now, and without large improvements 1 loss will do us in.

Even in 2011 it took everyone else choking for Alabama to get back in it.
Maybe but it looks from an outsider that the SEC is stacking the schedule for Bama. One team last year to worry about. One....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but it looks from an outsider that the SEC is stacking the schedule for Bama. One team last year to worry about. One....

Well if you knew how SEC scheduling worked, you'd know that would be impossible because the teams rotate. It just so happened that Alabama had played South Carolina and Florida part of the rotations when they added in the new teams. The new teams reduced the rotation from 2 teams down to 1. Georgia should have been in our schedule last year and this year, but because of the expansion that got pushed back. And it takes longer for the rotations to come now.

If the SEC started giving teams preferred treatment, we'd have less teams than the Big12. A big part of the success in the SEC is that all teams are treated equal. Money is split, teams rotate on schedules, etc.

Hell just back in 2010 Alabama ended up playing 6 SEC teams coming off byes. Only 5 SEC teams had bye weeks that didn't come before they played Alabama, and of those 5, Alabama played 2.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's schedule is still much tougher than OSU's or Boise State's with Boise probably being behind OSU this coming season (albeit not by much). Let's face it. It's the SEC. It's just tough, such a grind.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you have the pleasure of the SEC CG with a more than likely top 5 if not possibly even top 2 type opponent waiting for you. Like I said, a grind.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's schedule is still much tougher than OSU's or Boise State's with Boise probably being behind OSU this coming season (albeit not by much). Let's face it. It's the SEC. It's just tough, such a grind.

Ohio State's schedule, in terms of toughness, is considerably closer to Bama's than to Boise's. Boise's toughest (or 2nd toughest, depending on how you lean) game is against probably the 4th or 5th toughest team OSU will face: San Diego State. Then you have Fresno State. Your 3rd "toughest" game is vs. 7-6 Washington. Through the entire season, you will face either 1 or 2 ranked teams. OSU will face 3 or 4, and then likely a 5th if they make the B1G CCG.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see where Ohio State and Boise finish in the various SOS indexes. My guess is they will be very close together while Bama's SOS will be considerably better despite the fact that they don't play Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina from the East again this season.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see where Ohio State and Boise finish in the various SOS indexes. My guess is they will be very close together while Bama's SOS will be considerably better despite the fact that they don't play Florida, Georgia, and South Carolina from the East again this season.

Considering there are various different SOS formulas out there, none of them truthfully any better than another, I'm just gonna use the logical one: we play more talented teams, and we play more ranked teams. Pretty obvious. As I said, your toughest or second toughest game is going to be our 4th or 5th toughest. Pretty much says it all.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering there are various different SOS formulas out there, none of them truthfully any better than another, I'm just gonna use the logical one: we play more talented teams, and we play more ranked teams. Pretty obvious. As I said, your toughest or second toughest game is going to be our 4th or 5th toughest. Pretty much says it all.

Nice try on San Diego State being Boise's second toughest game. It's actually Boise's fifth toughest on paper behind at BYU, at Washington, at Utah State, and at Fresno.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try on San Diego State being Boise's second toughest game. It's actually Boise's fifth toughest on paper behind at BYU, at Washington, at Utah State, and at Fresno.

Utah State lost their coach, they will not be better than SDSU. Also, SDSU was the only team out of those mentioned to actually beat Boise last year, so ask Boise who is the toughest.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State's schedule, in terms of toughness, is considerably closer to Bama's than to Boise's. Boise's toughest (or 2nd toughest, depending on how you lean) game is against probably the 4th or 5th toughest team OSU will face: San Diego State. Then you have Fresno State. Your 3rd "toughest" game is vs. 7-6 Washington. Through the entire season, you will face either 1 or 2 ranked teams. OSU will face 3 or 4, and then likely a 5th if they make the B1G CCG.

Fresno >>>> San Diego

Here we go again Sox.... LOL

just my opinion.

as is I still maintain USC wont be looking up at Cal:lol: However nothing I would love more.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Fresno is Boise's toughest game,:behindsofa:

even though Boise owns them.

Fresno will be ranked higher than any other MW team IMO with exception of Boise

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno >>>> San Diego

Here we go again Sox.... LOL

just my opinion.

as is I still maintain USC wont be looking up at Cal:lol: However nothing I would love more.

How exactly are they that much better? They won by 12 last year at Fresno.

I also never once said Cal would be above USC. My words were that USC won't be any better than Cal.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think Fresno is Boise's toughest game,:behindsofa:

even though Boise owns them.

Fresno will be ranked higher than any other MW team IMO with exception of Boise

Did I not say it could also be Fresno?

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah State lost their coach, they will not be better than SDSU. Also, SDSU was the only team out of those mentioned to actually beat Boise last year, so ask Boise who is the toughest.

And the only conference loss Stanford had was to Washington, does that mean Washington is Stanford's toughest PAC opponent this season? If so it strengthens BFL argument.