• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 CFB top Offenses and Defenses

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling we're gonna be ranked higher than 8th in scoring offense with the schedule we're being given.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I supplied you with stats that support my argument, yet you choose to ignore those facts. I can only conclude that you are some kind of an asshat that just refuses to see things any other way but your own.

B4L makes some good points about you as well.

Any way I am done with this argument because I just do not give a rat's patoot what you think.

You haven't supplied me with any stats at all that suggest the ACC is the second toughest conference. First of all, you're trying to say that more draft picks = tougher teams, which is clearly not true as the Big 12 has been a far better performer overall in the BCS era than the ACC. Secondly, you claim somehow that the ACC is tougher than the B1G, yet the only teams the ACC has a winning record against in the B1G in the BCS era are Purdue and Indiana. You are at .500 with PSU and under .500 against all 9 other teams.

I understand your logic. You are saying that if a team has more NFL players on it, they must be better. In some ways, it can be true, but it's not the only thing. A player with great measurables (size, bench reps, 40 time) is going to be appealing to the NFL regardless of the intangibles, as has been proven. However, tougher teams to go against are teams with players with intangibles. THAT is what truly proves to be tough. Over the last few years, ask anyone who has faced Boise St. and Florida St. and see who was tougher.

You expressed yourself like a stubborn angry child that thinks he is right despite all logic and proof loudly showing otherwise. I have discussed other things on this board with you before and thought you were a decent fan and logical poster. However, if this is how you talk sports, let me know so I don't waste my time further with you.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold the phones we have a chat board goober that has insight the experts don't. It's rigged for sure. If only BSU had to navigate through that gauntlet of Minnesota, Indiana, Illinios and Purdue. If you are a top 25 team the only difference between those 4 teams and UNLV, New Mexico, CSU and Wyoming is do you win 48-17 or 52-10.

Leave it to a Boise fan to try and make an argument based on only 4 games (all of which my team doesn't play this season) against the 4 worst teams in the conference, and act as if that encompasses the entire season.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boise4life, the point you're missing is Boise might be ranked higher because they look at who the teams play and where they might finish. That's why I get tickled when you Boise fans, when arguing about how good or not good Boise is, say look at where the experts had us ranked at the end of '10, '11 or '12 or whatever year.

It's not because they necessarily think Boise is a top 10 team but they get there from all the other teams attrition(losing to tougher competition). You do understand that? If all those teams were in the MWC then your so called experts would NOT have Boise ranked as high and those teams probably would win the MWC or come mighty close every year. That's a fact Jack! :clap:

This pretty much sums it up.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck with that.... Hope your left tackle is ready to protect Renner. I Think Renner is the real deal and will have a good year. But Clowney and CO is coming...

I will be xheerin for the Heels for ya fellas. Got some west coast love in this one from me.

Our LT has started 3 years and was a five star recruit. He'll be a high draft pick and I'm not at all worries about clowney

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our LT has started 3 years and was a five star recruit. He'll be a high draft pick and I'm not at all worries about clowney

Yeah and NFL ProBowl LTs line up against guise likE Clowney and get beat often. I am sure the LT is good, but I dont think it matters. We talkin bout Clowney here

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just throwin this out there. I believe that the Canes will have a very good O this year, possibly even top 10 in yardage.
Our D on the other hand....

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwin this out there. I believe that the Canes will have a very good O this year, possibly even top 10 in yardage.
Our D on the other hand....

The Canes need to come out of the gates and beat Florida....only then will I be believe in the hype.

Uman5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The Canes need to come out of the gates and beat Florida....only then will I be believe in the hype.

Would love it. Could happen. Won't predict it though.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and NFL ProBowl LTs line up against guise likE Clowney and get beat often. I am sure the LT is good, but I dont think it matters. We talkin bout Clowney here

I think our LT is good, and I think our gameplan is going to neutralize Clowney the same way TCU neutralized Watt in the Rose Bowl in 2011.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think our LT is good, and I think our gameplan is going to neutralize Clowney the same way TCU neutralized Watt in the Rose Bowl in 2011.

They are both projected to be first round players. I think Clowney is better, but I do not think he will treat him like a rag doll. He may get a sack or 2, but I would be surprised if it was total domination. UNC can neutralize that rush some with the short passing game and draw plays. UNC has a legit offense. They will score. SoCar probably wins, but I am probably taking the over in this game.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both projected to be first round players. I think Clowney is better, but I do not think he will treat him like a rag doll. He may get a sack or 2, but I would be surprised if it was total domination. UNC can neutralize that rush some with the short passing game and draw plays. UNC has a legit offense. They will score. SoCar probably wins, but I am probably taking the over in this game.

It'll be an interesting game for sure. Is their great defense good enough to stop our great offense. Is our bad defense good enough to stop their offense a couple of times? Is their offense good enough to go all game against a crappy defense without any mental lapses and stupid turnovers? I think So Car wins, but I hope not. I think the over is going to be about 70 haha.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Getting 2 sacks would be pretty dominating.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem with Watt is that he was the only person n our team who could pass rush worth a damn. Marcus Cannon was good and all, but if you give Watt a supporting cast like Clowney's, he dominates. The work that man did against double and triple coverage was amazing. There's a reason Badger fans aren't remotely surprised by his NFL success.

Much like we have the "what ifs" about Watt going pro before 2011, I always wonder "what if" Chris Borland didn't get injured before the 2010 season. My hunch is we win the title.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be an interesting game for sure. Is their great defense good enough to stop our great offense. Is our bad defense good enough to stop their offense a couple of times? Is their offense good enough to go all game against a crappy defense without any mental lapses and stupid turnovers? I think So Car wins, but I hope not. I think the over is going to be about 70 haha.

I like your QB, but who is playing RB with Gio gone?

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 2 sacks would be pretty dominating.

Depends on how many attempts, probably should have read 2 TFLs. You will never shut Clowney down, but if UNC isnt forced to double him it opens up a lot of the playbook

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your QB, but who is playing RB with Gio gone?

AJ Blue, Romar Morris, and Khris Francis. Our offense won't be as good as last year, but it's still going to be good. We have a ton of playmakers

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba, do you think FSU will have the best offense in the country with a freshman QB?

After putting in the research into FSU yes. I have reviewed their schedule and who they play at home and I believe that PPG and yardage they have a real shot at being #1 in both categories... PPG and yardage. Johnny and Mariota didnt do bas as Freshman... Even though this guy is a true freshman. He could certainly succeed

Oh yeah. The Jameis Winston kid is going to potentially blow up this season. MVP of the Elite 11 camp of which I watched as much footage as they would air which was quite a bit. He looked like a stud and although it was just a spring game, he obviously carried it over into FSU's spring scrimmage. I hope he does well. Seems like a good kid with a good head on his shoulders and tremendous upside.

I think FSU will disappoint again.

This. They had a future first round QB last year and still shit the bed. They have some great pieces and I think that Winston kid is good, but I have 0 faith in their coach.

Oh don't get me wrong, I do too. I just think Winston is going to be fairly studly.

West coasters knowing there ACC football en sech.... lol @ YOU FACES!!