• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 CFB top Offenses and Defenses

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Presented by Mamba via Phil Steele

Scoring Offense

1 Florida State
2 Oregon
3 Marshall
4 Oklahoma State
5 Texas A&M
6 Ohio State
7 Northern Illinois
8 Nebraska
9 Oklahoma
10 Texas
11 Clemson
12 Georgia
13 Baylor
14 Fresno State
15 Alabama

Total Offense (yards)

1 Marshall
2 Oregon
3 Texas A&M
4 Oklahoma State
5 Florida State
6 Georgia
7 Nebraska
8 Ohio State
9 Clemson
10 Northern Illinois
11 Texas
12 Baylor
13 Fresno
14 Oklahoma
15 Alabama

Scoring Defense

1 Alabama
2 Florida State
3 Notre Dame
4 Stanford
5 Michigan State
6 USC
7 VA Tech
8 Wisconsin
9 TCU
10 Louisville
11 Ohio State
12 Oregon
13 Mississippi
14 BYU
15 Utah State

Total Defense (yards)

1 Alabama
2 Florida State
3 Michigan State
4 Virginia Tech
5 Louisville
6 Stanford
7 Notre Dame
8 TCU
9 Ohio State
10 Oregon
11 Wisconsin
12 Fresno
13 USC
14 Arizona State
15 LSU

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that stand out to me.

1 FSU top 2 offense and defense.

2 Oregon a top 10 and 12 defense despite playing high powered PAC offenses

3 Alabama a top 15 offense despite playing SEC powerhouse defenses

4 Fresno and overwhelming favorite in the Mtn West

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many Nebraska fans thought this wad relevant.

There was debate earlier how big of a step up the Huskers offense would take this year.

Steele believes it will be a significant step

Husker Scoring Offense

2012 28th
2013 Projected 8th

Husker total offense

2012 26th
2013 projected 7th

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team isnt listed in top 15 and would like to know where they fall in these categories let me know on this thread (not a pm) and I will get to you ASAP

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your team isnt listed in top 15 and would like to know where they fall in these categories let me know on this thread (not a pm) and I will get to you ASAP

Michigan

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Offense to Seminole fans, but we know they get over rated every year. I suppose the potential is there but it never seems to pan out on the field. And damn, the Hokie D is back? That's impressive from what I saw last year or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Should have clarified. He only does all 125 fbs teams on scoring offense and defense

Here ya go Chief

Michigan Scoring offense 17th
Michigan scoring defense 20th.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no Offense to Seminole fans, but we know they get over rated every year. I suppose the potential is there but it never seems to pan out on the field. And damn, the Hokie D is back? That's impressive from what I saw last year or maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

Agree 100%.

Steele thinks the 2013 Noles are the 85 Bears... LOL

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ducks poised to have another great season!

SKOOO DUCKS!!

UtahUte

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,143.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Utah.

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have clarified. He only does all 125 fbs teams on scoring offense and defense

Here ya go Chief

Michigan Scoring offense 17th
Michigan scoring defense 20th.

Thanks. I'm good with that, though I think we'll be a tad better than 17 Scoring Offense.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely the silly season! Who does Phil have as the team that will call the most time outs? or kick the most field goals? or have the most players injured? or get the most personal fouls? or fumble the most? make the most first downs? have the most players arrested? throw the most interceptions? or the exact score of the national championship game? or who has the best hot dogs at their stadium? All interesting stuff! Not sure I need to watch the season next year...:doh: The crazy part is fans come in here and get upset with somewhere their team is ranked by someone who isn't more qualified than many of us, or even worse, think their team is going to do great because Phil has them ranked high! :L

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is definitely the silly season! Who does Phil have as the team that will call the most time outs? or kick the most field goals? or have the most players injured? or get the most personal fouls? or fumble the most? make the most first downs? have the most players arrested? throw the most interceptions? or the exact score of the national championship game? or who has the best hot dogs at their stadium? All interesting stuff! Not sure I need to watch the season next year...:doh: The crazy part is fans come in here and get upset with somewhere their team is ranked by someone who isn't more qualified than many of us, or even worse, think their team is going to do great because Phil has them ranked high! :L

if you dont like you are free to leave. Many of us enjoy it. It is the offseason and these are projection magazines. Gives many fans optimism and some a reason to make a case why they should be ranked higher.

And LOL @ many of us being as qualified as Phil Steele... Are you serious?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Winning the off season is serious business.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT's D had an extremely shitty first half of the season last year, but turned it around and buckled down to finish in the top-20 to 15 in total D. 9 starters are returning from that group, along with the guy who started an OLB spot the year before, but didn't get to play last season because of some complications from a stress fracture in his leg. If they play to their abilities and don't take shit for granted like they did at times last year....this could very well be one of the best VT defenses in the Bud Foster era.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For many you are so right! :agree:

no need to be pompous.

We all enjoy college football. Just because many of our teams dont win a NATTY does not mean we dont enjoy the season as much as Bama fans.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you dont like you are free to leave. Many of us enjoy it. It is the offseason and these are projection magazines. Gives many fans optimism and some a reason to make a case why they should be ranked higher.

And LOL @ many of us being as qualified as Phil Steele... Are you serious?

I didn't say I didn't enjoy it. I just poked fun at how ridiculous some of the content is. To predict a top 15 in offense and defense, in yards allowed or gained or some of the predictions he does? :lame: And yes many are as qualified. It's called an opinion. Do you know how many times I've listened to ESPN TV or radio and they get facts wrong that I immediately know is wrong. And they have people researching. They quote wrong historical scores from other games or wrong players that did something. I've already seen many posters point out ridiculous claims by the almighty Steele so yes many as qualified people out here.

Just the other day they(ESPN) had quotes on College Football Live, from Bill Battle(Alabama's AD), stating he thought what Saban has done to be much greater than what Bear had done. They compared Bear's 1961 to 1965 and Saban's 2008 to now. It was very close. Rod Gilmore says Battle was right in saying what Saban did was better. The problem was they left the majority of his comments out where he said Bear was by far the greatest and there will never be another. Yet this EXPERT said otherwise and the people who saw it got wrong information. Don't ever sell yourself short Mamba from others who are just doing a job. It is a passion for many of them but it is also a passion for many of us! It drives me crazy when people hear an announcer on a football telecast say something like he must be right because he said it! Just a thought!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no need to be pompous.

We all enjoy college football. Just because many of our teams dont win a NATTY does not mean we dont enjoy the season as much as Bama fans.

Doesn't matter if Bama had won a NC recently or not doesn't change the ridiculous attitudes toward many of these so called expert opinions. How does winning a NC impact that, one way or the other? If they say Alabama is going to have the #1 offense, #1 defense,#1 ST,#1 team am I suppose to feel like they accomplished something? What you call pompous I just call my opinion, and as we all have heard, we all have one! :peace: