• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013 CFB top Offenses and Defenses

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's SOS will finish behind Ohio State's but ahead of Boise's.

I never said it was a fact, this entire thread is nothing but predictions based on an article of predictions. I have no problem if you disagree with me; in fact, I welcome it because banter is funner when people aren't always going along with each other. But come on man, at least say why.

:noidea:

Anyways.

I also find it funny that you are that concerned about defending tOSU's schedule. To the extent talking up SD State and Cal. Cal is really bad. SDSU most likely will have a difficult time finishing within the top 5 of the MWC.

You even went as far as to say Cal and USC were an equal.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:

Anyways.

I also find it funny that you are that concerned about defending tOSU's schedule. To the extent talking up SD State and Cal. Cal is really bad. SDSU most likely will have a difficult time finishing within the top 5 of the MWC.

You even went as far as to say Cal and USC were an equal.

Wow, dude. You're really stretching there.

First off, I only brought up OSU's schedule because someone was saying it was on par with Boise's, which is ludicrous.

Secondly, I never once talked up Cal. You are really, really, really taking this way too far, dude. I was saying how USC is going to suck and won't be any better than Cal, a general comment on how far I think they'll fall, and you've decided to act like a typical ESPN troll. Just get the rest of it out of your system and get over it already.

Thirdly, you talk about me going "to the extend of talking up SD State", yet you were on here defending Boise's schedule by talking up Utah State's QB and Fresno's WR. Why would you jump in when the convo doesn't even involve Oregon? Makes it seem like you feel like Boise is your big bro that you have to defend...

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, dude. You're really stretching there.

First off, I only brought up OSU's schedule because someone was saying it was on par with Boise's, which is ludicrous.

Secondly, I never once talked up Cal. You are really, really, really taking this way too far, dude. I was saying how USC is going to suck and won't be any better than Cal, a general comment on how far I think they'll fall, and you've decided to act like a typical ESPN troll. Just get the rest of it out of your system and get over it already.

Thirdly, you talk about me going "to the extend of talking up SD State", yet you were on here defending Boise's schedule by talking up Utah State's QB and Fresno's WR. Why would you jump in when the convo doesn't even involve Oregon? Makes it seem like you feel like Boise is your big bro that you have to defend...

I didnt think a conversation on this msg board had to have my team involved to discuss...

Why I got involved....

1. I pointed out to you two CFB QBs whose teams finished in the top 25 that you had NO IDEA who they were. Chuckie Keaton and Joe Southwick.

2. You were arguing with a Smurf about who has a tougher schedule, but yet didnt even know who one of the top QBs in the conference was. Not much cred there.

3. You were making dishonest claims about Fresno losing by 12 to SD State.... Which is also wrong. Fresno won that game.

So my conclusion is you were making claims that were not very well thought out. So I chimed in.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt think a conversation on this msg board had to have my team involved to discuss...

Why I got involved....

1. I pointed out to you two CFB QBs whose teams finished in the top 25 that you had NO IDEA who they were. Chuckie Keaton and Joe Southwick.

2. You were arguing with a Smurf about who has a tougher schedule, but yet didnt even know who one of the top QBs in the conference was. Not much cred there.

3. You were making dishonest claims about Fresno losing by 12 to SD State.... Which is also wrong. Fresno won that game.

So my conclusion is you were making claims that were not very well thought out. So I chimed in.

1. I actually did know who Southwick was, I remembered him from watching the Sparty game last year. However, the Keaton guy, I didn't. Who gives a shit about a mid-major QB from a team that's probably going to regress since they lost their best coach ever?

2. I know who Fales is, I know who Carr is, and I knew who Southwick was, I just didn't remember it right away. So because I didn't know who Utah State's QB is, that means I have no cred when talking about Boise's schedule in relation to Ohio State? That makes no sense.

3. I never said SDSU beat Fresno. Go back and re-read what I said.

In conclusion, I made no claims of anything that wasn't true, and when splitting hairs about mid-majors who either were unranked or finished at the tail end of the top 25, there is hardly a right or wrong at this point. All of them have changes from last year to overcome, so it is what it is.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I must have taken your words out of context. 64 days dude... CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to that. How's UO looking on the recruiting trail?

Seems of late Oregon doesnt get a lot of commits til last minute. Doing just ok now. Got a 4 star verbal that had previously verbaled to UW... SO THAT IS A WIN!!!!:10:

I bet you are stoked on Wilson at RB.... Kid is a BURNER! Urb will love his services to be sure.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have OSU @ 45, considerable better than both Alabama and Boise St.

Alabama has a much tougher top half of the schedule in LSU and A&M, that part isn't really debatable. However, when looking at overall SoS the bottom half is extremely bad with 1 FCS team, a transfer in Georgia St and then Colorado St, Kentucky etc.

The good news for me and other Alabama fans is that it has alot of potential in terms of rising. A 10% overall increase will move Alabama up to the 30's. Hard ranking numbers tend to exaggerate the gap. And pretty much all the teams on Alabama's schedule have a high chance at improving. So by the end of the year I am expecting the schedule to be more competitive. But at the current moment, it's not there. The SECCG will help if Alabama makes it that far as well.

So really, it's kind of hard to say with certain how they are going to rank out right now. Last year Alabama started in the 50's and ended up like 11 or something. But this year it's starting way down there and has a good ways to go.

The reason I say no chance with a loss this year is due to who the loss will come from. With LSU and A&M being the strong points of the schedule, a loss to either of those removes a quality win and leaves Alabama with only 1 quality win to hang the season on. And a chance at not making the SEC championship means by default no pretty much, unless it's another SEC vs SEC matchup, which I think is unlikely. While losses to other teams will be such a low quality loss, that it will sting quite a bit.

We'll see. I think the schedule rank is going to improve over the season, but as of right now I'm worried.

The Bama schedule looks like it was picked especially for Bama to rise toward the end of the season if they trip up and lose a game. With that schedule the way it is, Bama should have no problem making it to the NCG even if they lose a game.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bama schedule looks like it was picked especially for Bama to rise toward the end of the season if they trip up and lose a game. With that schedule the way it is, Bama should have no problem making it to the NCG even if they lose a game.

That's assuming they get past UGA this year. The CCG was 4 yards apart last year, and Bama lost more than UGA did, so you never know.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's assuming they get past UGA this year. The CCG was 4 yards apart last year, and Bama lost more than UGA did, so you never know.

Well, the SEC CG is one thing they can't control. Better yet if Bama loses a game they would be better off just standing pat at 11-1 and make the NCG without playing in the CCG like they did 2 years ago.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's UNC ranked in these categories? Bottom ten in defense and top 20-25 in the offense categories?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's UNC ranked in these categories? Bottom ten in defense and top 20-25 in the offense categories?

We're not going to get noticed until we finish whipping SC, then the media will look our way.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not going to get noticed until we finish whipping SC, then the media will look our way.

good luck with that.... Hope your left tackle is ready to protect Renner. I Think Renner is the real deal and will have a good year. But Clowney and CO is coming...

I will be xheerin for the Heels for ya fellas. Got some west coast love in this one from me.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck with that.... Hope your left tackle is ready to protect Renner. I Think Renner is the real deal and will have a good year. But Clowney and CO is coming...

I will be xheerin for the Heels for ya fellas. Got some west coast love in this one from me.

It's much appreciated. I usually root for the Ducks and Stanford out west.

I imagine we will be calling plenty of plays so that Renner can get rid of the ball in a hurry. And of course I am sure we'll be running in whichever direction Clowney isn't. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's much appreciated. I usually root for the Ducks and Stanford out west.

I imagine we will be calling plenty of plays so that Renner can get rid of the ball in a hurry. And of course I am sure we'll be running in whichever direction Clowney isn't. :lol:

Thanks for the Duck support my friend. But what with cheering for those hippies. Abandon now Gene, come to the Dark Side and join Oregon, dont cheer for the trees.....

Pic5.jpg

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the Duck support my friend. But what with cheering for those hippies. Abandon now Gene, come to the Dark Side and join Oregon, dont cheer for the trees....

Gotta love their gymnastics team, though. Oh yeah!

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I forgot to mention that I like Cal and UCLA, too.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give you a pass for Southern Cal teams... Caont do the same for those NoCal schools... :suds: