• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Clutterbuck is being shopped and can probably be had for cheep. Clutterbuck and Torres on the same team. Ouch

He would be a nice addition, but not for any kind of big name. Maybe demers as was mentioned, maybe a wingels or the like. I dunno how much he will cost to resign and certainly he would add a nice little dimension to a 3rd line which would allow torres to play on a second line and burns on a 1st line to provide good physicality on all 4 lines. It would surely make the sharks tough to play against, and if they could get him for a mid rounder or a guy like demers, then I would try it...

He's a reasonable deal at 3-4 years, 2M per year. He does have double digit goals ever year (shortened year notwithstanding). Like Torres, that nice production for a #8 or 9 forward.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He would be a nice addition, but not for any kind of big name. Maybe demers as was mentioned, maybe a wingels or the like. I dunno how much he will cost to resign and certainly he would add a nice little dimension to a 3rd line which would allow torres to play on a second line and burns on a 1st line to provide good physicality on all 4 lines. It would surely make the sharks tough to play against, and if they could get him for a mid rounder or a guy like demers, then I would try it...

He's a reasonable deal at 3-4 years, 2M per year. He does have double digit goals ever year (shortened year notwithstanding). Like Torres, that nice production for a #8 or 9 forward.

Thee Wild are looking to drop salary so it's going to cost a prospect and/or picks for Clutterbuck. It sounds like their origional plan was to compliance buyout Heatley but because of his injury that option is no longer available.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to the Wild beat writer Havlat is scheduled for abdominal surgery (hernia) and cannot be bought out.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to the Wild beat writer Havlat is scheduled for abdominal surgery (hernia) and cannot be bought out.

Shocking maybe he will be dealt to Ottawa for Michalek still to broken players lol

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pollak thinks the Sharks will inquire about Letang.

David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks said:
If PIT's Letang goes on the market, as reported elsewhere, I'm thinking the #SJSharks are among the teams looking into the asking price.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope its just a inquire, don't care too much for Letang. I want Weber!!!!

:think: now Clutterbuck for a pick or prospect would be a nice pick up.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Cmon!!!

Can Doug Wilson offer Torres a contract extention before June 30? I would really enjoy having him signed before the UFA day opens.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Cmon!!!

Can Doug Wilson offer Torres a contract extention before June 30? I would really enjoy having him signed before the UFA day opens.

Yes, Torres can be re-signed at any time.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Letang for poovelski? Or does boyle get involved?

Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, I don't see them having much interest in Pavelski unless they see him as a winger. I think it would be Boyle, Sateri, plus a couple other pieces and the sharks would probably have to retain some of Boyle's salary.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

If it's the same surgery Burns had, guessing Havlat misses half the season? So frustrating. Guy has a ton of talent, but just can't stay on the ice.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it's the same surgery Burns had, guessing Havlat misses half the season? So frustrating. Guy has a ton of talent, but just can't stay on the ice.

If it's a sports hernia, which IIRC is what Burns had, the recover time is usually about six months.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crosby, Malkin, Sutter, I don't see them having much interest in Pavelski unless they see him as a winger. I think it would be Boyle, Sateri, plus a couple other pieces and the sharks would probably have to retain some of Boyle's salary.

That is an awful lot of assets for a pending UFA. Unless Wilson is really confident that he will re-sign in San Jose, I wouldn't part with the assets.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If it's a sports hernia, which IIRC is what Burns had, the recover time is usually about six months.

Yeah, that's about right. With Havlat, wouldn't surprise me if its longer, and we don't see him till Jan.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, that's about right. With Havlat, wouldn't surprise me if its longer, and we don't see him till Jan.

I'd almost like to see Havlat do what Selanne did to get healthy. Take an entire year off and revamp his workout structure.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd almost like to see Havlat do what Selanne did to get healthy. Take an entire year off and revamp his workout structure.

Totally agree. I know someone who knows Teemu fairly well, and he told them the lockout saved his career. Had the procedure on his knee, took out an inch or 2 of bone, and he started skating like the Teemu of young.
I was all for the Havlat trade, and just wish he could stay healthy for a season.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally agree. I know someone who knows Teemu fairly well, and he told them the lockout saved his career. Had the procedure on his knee, took out an inch or 2 of bone, and he started skating like the Teemu of young.
I was all for the Havlat trade, and just wish he could stay healthy for a season.

An inch or two? Holy crap that's a lot. I didn't know it was that much.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think they would consider him a winger it always seems to be an issue of having someone who can play the wing with Cindy, plus he can play center when Cindy goes down with her annual injury

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think they would consider him a winger it always seems to be an issue of having someone who can play the wing with Cindy, plus he can play center when Cindy goes down with her annual injury

If Wilson can convince Shero that Pavelski is as good winger as he is a center then more power to him.