• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Pavs is not considered a core player on the team, then the time to trade Pavelski would be now. If he is extended by Doug, there is no doubt in my mind he would get some sort of NMC/NTC, thus lowering his trade value in the future. The guy is a fantastic 3rd line center, but he will be paid like a 1st/2nd liner.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From the main board: CBC reporting San Jose and Ottawa are talking trade.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havlat for Milan back lol

I would do that with the quickness. Sharks would need to add, I think. Not sure why OTT would do this.

Havlat + Wingels (or low level prospect)
for
Michalek

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sounds like an extension for Couture may be announced soon.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brodie tweeting the Couture extension is a done deal.

I'm going to guess somewhere in the $5.5 - $6.0m range. Anything less would be a discount.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Brodie tweeting the Couture extension is a done deal.

I'm going to guess somewhere in the $5.5 - $6.0m range. Anything less would be a discount.

I would expect something like 4 years 21M. Dont forget that he'll be 25 next summer so the first two years as still RFA years. so it's like 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6. That would be nice and gives him 5.5 and 6M in his first two UFA years.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would expect something like 4 years 21M. Dont forget that he'll be 25 next summer so the first two years as still RFA years. so it's like 4.5, 5, 5.5, 6. That would be nice and gives him 5.5 and 6M in his first two UFA years.

I expect him to get a deal similar to Hall or Eberle. He seems to like to compare himself to the young guys in Edmonton. Hall and Ebs are slightly better offensively but Couture is a much more complete player.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Personally, I kinda hope that dougie can land a sweet return for pavs. I love the guy, but I just feel he isnt fast enough to platy against the best teams in the PO's. Hes a great PPer, but his even strength production doesnt warrant the 5-6M he'd likely get in the UFA market after next year. Right now, I feel the sharks could get a 1st rounder and a solid young player in return. Personally, I wouldnt mind that.

Maybe the Ottawa proposed deal is more centered on pavs than boyle given the injury history and age of spezza. Jakob Silfverberg and zibanejad are intriguing.

I should mention that his stock is high right now too as he led the sharks in scoring this PO's. Buy Low, sell high they say...

Last edited by a moderator:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I expect him to get a deal similar to Hall or Eberle. He seems to like to compare himself to the young guys in Edmonton. Hall and Ebs are slightly better offensively but Couture is a much more complete player.

yeah, I like cooch better than either of thise guys, but dougie usually does well to get a little discount especially from RFA's. Im hoping for something closer to 5 so the sharks will have a bit more space in the Jumbo-Patty-Boyle-Pavs UFA years.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: Love the news about Couture signing a extention. :thumb:

Anybody watching the finals?

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I kinda hope that dougie can land a sweet return for pavs. I love the guy, but I just feel he isnt fast enough to platy against the best teams in the PO's. Hes a great PPer, but his even strength production doesnt warrant the 5-6M he'd likely get in the UFA market after next year. Right now, I feel the sharks could get a 1st rounder and a solid young player in return. Personally, I wouldnt mind that.

Maybe the Ottawa proposed deal is more centered on pavs than boyle given the injury history and age of spezza. Jakob Silfverberg and zibanejad are intriguing.

I should mention that his stock is high right now too as he led the sharks in scoring this PO's. Buy Low, sell high they say...

It would seem right now is the time the sharks need to decide if they are going to extend him or trade him. If Ottawa would do 17 and Silfverberg I would take that. It would give the sharks some more options come draft time, maybe move up. I also like Pavs, but if I were the Sharks I would take an offer for a mid 1st and NHL read prospect like Silfverberg (22y/o winger). I can't wait for June 30, I'm getting restless.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dreger says Couture's extension is 5 years $30m.

I would temper the expectations on what Pavelski could return in a trade. He only has one year left on his contract then turns UFA. Being a one year rental will have a negitive effect on his trade value.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dreger says Couture's extension is 5 years $30m.

I would temper the expectations on what Pavelski could return in a trade. He only has one year left on his contract then turns UFA. Being a one year rental will have a negitive effect on his trade value.

5 yrs 30M is OK. I love cooch but 6M is alot. I just dont know if he will be able to elevate his game enough to support that kind of salary. Its a risk... He did not have a sing EV goal in the PO's this year, and although I love the two-way game and the heart, 6M in a reduced cap world is not cheap.

of course, having the future captain locked in for the next 6 years gives a nice sense of stability. I suppose that if he were to tear it up in the next year or two, then 6M per could be cheap.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clutterbuck is being shopped and can probably be had for cheep. Clutterbuck and Torres on the same team. Ouch

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still anxious to see how Couture can handle himself when/if he is the focal point of opposing defenses. That has not been the case yet in his career with Patty, and mainly Jumbo, drawing the majority of the attention from the other team. 5 years at $6 a year is okay.