• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2013-2014 Offseason Speculation

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For the third offseason in a row, Evander Kane anyone? Apparently he went on a twitter rant yesterday.

His attitude seems to suck, i dont know. I like his play but i dont know if he is mentally that strong, but he did knock Matt Cooke the fuck out [YOUTUBE]?v=MLqpw_uKyds[/YOUTUBE]

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the third offseason in a row, Evander Kane anyone? Apparently he went on a twitter rant yesterday.

They're going to be in the weakest division/conference/whatever-they-call-it next year (after realignment), aren't they?

I'm sure they'll win a shit ton of games so he'll be happy...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about Pavelski to Edmonton for the 7th overall? I've been reading some talk lately from bloggers and such saying if the big four centers (MacKinnon, Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan) are gone already, which is very possible, then McTavish is going to try to trade the pick to get the center help he's lookng for. With Nichushkin still on the board I'd seriously consider it.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How about Pavelski to Edmonton for the 7th overall? I've been reading some talk lately from bloggers and such saying if the big four centers (MacKinnon, Barkov, Lindholm, Monahan) are gone already, which is very possible, then McTavish is going to try to trade the pick to get the center help he's lookng for. With Nichushkin still on the board I'd seriously consider it.

I don't know how that could even be considered seeing how well slowvelski was on the 3rd line, who replaces him? Sharks need immediate help not down the road help. Unless its full blown rebuild

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know how that could even be considered seeing how well slowvelski was on the 3rd line, who replaces him? Sharks need immediate help not down the road help. Unless its full blown rebuild

IMO Nichushkin would be immediate help. He's one of maybe 4 players in this draft that I think can have an impact next year. The kid reminds me of Rick Nash, he's just as skilled, only with a much, much higher compete level.

Gomez would do much better on the 3rd line if he is playing with better linemates. Re-signing Torres and snagging Stalberg during free agency would be a huge improvement over Sheppard and Wingels. Gomez can hold down the fort on the 3rd line until Hertl is ready to graduate from the AHL hopefully around mid season if not sooner.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Eh to Gomer, he will probably end up in Dallas, they are hurting for a center. What are the chances of the sharks signing inginla

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IMO Nichushkin would be immediate help. He's one of maybe 4 players in this draft that I think can have an impact next year. The kid reminds me of Rick Nash, he's just as skilled, only with a much, much higher compete level.

Gomez would do much better on the 3rd line if he is playing with better linemates. Re-signing Torres and snagging Stalberg during free agency would be a huge improvement over Sheppard and Wingels. Gomez can hold down the fort on the 3rd line until Hertl is ready to graduate from the AHL hopefully around mid season if not sooner.

Sharks need to re-sign Torres, and sign at least one more forward. Bickell and Stalberg definitely come to mind. If Hertl can make the jump at some point during the season, your top 9 could be really good.
I wouldn't move Pavelski unless a good young player already in the league is coming back in return. I'm assuming Burn goes back to D, so then you would have something like this:

Marleau-Joe-Bickell/Stalberg
Havlat-Logan-Torres
Hertl-Pavs-Wingels

Much better than this past season's top 9.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey Ralph Kruger is available to replace the Tadd lol. Still don't know why Edmonton fired renney

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bickell and Stalberg definitely come to mind. If Hertl can make the jump at some point during the season, your top 9 could be really good.

Bickell will cash in with Chicago, IMO... he'll get overpaid grossly too because of the nice postseason he's having.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bickell will cash in with Chicago, IMO... he'll get overpaid grossly too because of the nice postseason he's having.

I really like the way Bickell is playing this postseason. At the same time I could see him becoming the next Joel Ward. Great playoffs, get paid, never heard from again.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yeah, people were speculating he could get $4M a year.
He'd be nice to have at a reasonable price. Sounds like the Hawks are gonna have their hands full with cap issues again...

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@DarrenDreger: No surprise, the San Jose Sharks have wisely extended Todd McLellan's contract as head coach.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
@DarrenDreger: No surprise, the San Jose Sharks have wisely extended Todd McLellan's contract as head coach.

Its only wisely if they extended Larry Robinson and Johnson and expanded Robinsons duties and demoted woodcraft from equipment manager to laundry room

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

TSN.com reporting it's a two year deal.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Malkin trade speculation was just a little off. They offered him an 8 year contract extension. They are going to be in cap hell at some point.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well the Malkin trade speculation was just a little off. They offered him an 8 year contract extension. They are going to be in cap hell at some point.

Not really the cap is more then likely going back up after next season and then they will have Fleury off the books, they will be fine for a while

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really the cap is more then likely going back up after next season and then they will have Fleury off the books, they will be fine for a while

And its not like Malkin went from making 5 mil to 9.5 mil. His cap hit is going to be on 800k more. Plus they only have Neal and Crosby signed long term right now. They have Malkin Crosby and Neal and then get to build off of those guys being locked in through 2017-18 for $23.2 mil. As long as they don't overpay guys like Kunitz or Dupuis they'll be alright. Though they may look to trade Letang if won't take less to stay, UFA 2014.