• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 LOTTERY, BABY!!!

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts, gripes, rejoicing about the lottery should be grouped in this thread. I know it's fixed, it's our turn.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts, gripes, rejoicing about the lottery should be grouped in this thread. I know it's fixed, it's our turn.

Yes indeed!

I'd like to say that I am prepared to accept getting screwed again, but I'm not. I'm going to be pissed if we lose the pick.

Let's do it!

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basketball gods, please don't screw us again.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that it's official, I'm starting to lean towards Harrison Barnes at #7, at least until the combine.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thoughts:

-My gawd was that fixed. I can't believe the NBA had the balls despite 90% of fans knowing they were going to fix it for NO

-Congrats GS fans on keeping your pick

-LMAO @ Brooklyn. Their pick goes to Portland as part of that Gerald Wallace deal. Wallace will most likely opt out this summer. Deron Williams has said he's leaving unless they can get Howard. So...Brooklyn gets a shiny new building but most likely no stars or a pick to build around. OWNED

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woohoo! Now only if Barnes falls to us.

The combine will play a huge role in it, though by my calculations he'll be gone at 5 or 6.

Us staying put at #7 puts us in a kind of messed up spot. It puts us in a spot where all the talented, potential busts are sitting. I pray we don't go Perry Jones, the classic tweener that fucks an organization.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It could go something like this:

1- Hornets: Anthony Davis
2- Bobcats: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
3- Wizards: Thomas Robinson
4- Cavaliers: Bradley Beal
5- Kings: Andre Drummond
6- Trailblazers: Henson/PJ3/Lillard
7- Warriors: Barnes

You're right though, we probably needed the 5th pick to secure Barnes. This is gonna make me nervous.

Any chance we trade to #4?

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some thoughts:

-My gawd was that fixed. I can't believe the NBA had the balls despite 90% of fans knowing they were going to fix it for NO

-Congrats GS fans on keeping your pick

-LMAO @ Brooklyn , Their pick goes to Portland as part of that Gerald Wallace deal. Wallace will most likely opt out this summer. Deron Williams has said he's leaving unless they can get Howard. So...Brooklyn gets a shiny new building but most likely no stars or a pick to build around. OWNED

We have the # 57 pick now .

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see the first 7 picks panning out:

1) Hornets - Anthony Davis
2) Bobcats - Thomas Robinson
3) Wizards - MKG
4) Cavs - Bradley Beal
5) Kings - Harrison Barnes
6) Blazers - Damian Lillard
7) Warriors - Andre Drummond

In this situation I think the Bobcats go with a guy who could anchor their front court and would be ready to contribute and produce in Robinson. MKG provides all the intangibles right now, but I don't think he's ready to immediately produce on the offensive end. Wizards go with MKG to help bring some work ethic to their team. Cavs take Beal to pair with Irving. Kings go with Barnes. They could go Drummond there but I think they're sold on Cousins holding down the fort in the middle. Blazers go with Lillard here. They have holes at the C and PG positions, but they could address the C spot with a guy like Zeller at 11, who could contribute immediately. Lillard will likely be gone before 11 and he could be great with Aldridge in the Pick and Roll with his scoring abilities. Warriors get lucky and have Drummond fall into their lap.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see the first 7 picks panning out:

1) Hornets - Anthony Davis
2) Bobcats - Thomas Robinson
3) Wizards - MKG
4) Cavs - Bradley Beal
5) Kings - Harrison Barnes
6) Blazers - Damian Lillard
7) Warriors - Andre Drummond

In this situation I think the Bobcats go with a guy who could anchor their front court and would be ready to contribute and produce in Robinson. MKG provides all the intangibles right now, but I don't think he's ready to immediately produce on the offensive end. Wizards go with MKG to help bring some work ethic to their team. Cavs take Beal to pair with Irving. Kings go with Barnes. They could go Drummond there but I think they're sold on Cousins holding down the fort in the middle. Blazers go with Lillard here. They have holes at the C and PG positions, but they could address the C spot with a guy like Zeller at 11, who could contribute immediately. Lillard will likely be gone before 11 and he could be great with Aldridge in the Pick and Roll with his scoring abilities. Warriors get lucky and have Drummond fall into their lap.

Your lips to those GMs' ears. I would be ecstatic!

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your lips to those GMs' ears. I would be ecstatic!

Why? What do you like about Drummond? The guy is pure ugly with the ball in his hands. He has ZERO jump shot. The guy shot under 30% from the free throw line. That's Andris Biedrins territory. If he doesn't have a dunk, he doesn't have a shot at all.

I like his speed running down the court and his shot-blocking ability. There's no doubt about those. But once he gets the ball in his hands and he is anywhere other than directly under the basket, he reminds me of Adonal Foyle.

I would rather have Terrence Jones, Harrison Barnes or even Jared Sullinger.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? What do you like about Drummond? The guy is pure ugly with the ball in his hands. He has ZERO jump shot. The guy shot under 30% from the free throw line. That's Andris Biedrins territory. If he doesn't have a dunk, he doesn't have a shot at all.

I like his speed running down the court and his shot-blocking ability. There's no doubt about those. But once he gets the ball in his hands and he is anywhere other than directly under the basket, he reminds me of Adonal Foyle.

I really don't see how you could make that comparison. Foyle was a 4 year college player who was a prolific shot blocker, but not much else. After 4 years of college you have a much better projection of how that player will translate to the NBA.

Drummond is 19 years old, 6'11" 250+ with an NBA body and elite athleticism for a big of his size. He doesn't need a jump shot at this but I agree his hands could use some work. He has the build that could potentially be a dominating force in this league if we develop him properly. Bynum was the same exact way coming out of HS.

The bigs on our team are exactly the kind of guys who would help further Drummonds development as well. Our two best bigs are highly skilled with the ball in their hands and could help mentor him while he learns and hones his craft. I think at this point you swing for the fences on a guy like him.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like that, too. In fact, if Barnes and MKG are gone at 7 (likely) and there is no chance to move into the Top 5 (slightly less likely), I would love for the Warriors to trade back and grab Jones and Sullinger, as someone suggested weeks ago. I realize this doesn't happen as much in the NBA Draft, but the possible opportunity to grab two athletic, big bodies that are as close to NBA-ready as they will be, would be fantastic.

The scenario of an extremely athletic center that can spell Bogut appeals to me because even if the Warriors moved up and grabbed MKG or Barnes miraculously falls, they are still only a fringe playoff team. Even if they stay relatively healthy, this franchise is still two to three years away from anything substantial (as I think we all agree). In that time, I believe Drummond will vastly improve his game. Of course, free throws worry me, but that is the case with most big men.

Really, the main reason why I said that I would be ecstatic would be because of the value they'd be getting at 7, and I was really bummed when the ping pong balls screwed the Warriors out of getting Derrick Favors. I see Favors and Drummond as similar raw, athletic talents. Though, those are the same reasons that I wanted the Warriors to avoid picking Meyers Leonard and Perry Jones too high (not avoid them completely, I just think they have more value in the teens), I think Drummond has a much higher ceiling and slightly higher floor than those two prospects. Plus, he is stronger than Favors was coming out of college. We shall see.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking Drummond over Barnes. I think Barnes is the 3rd best prospect, after Davis and Thomas. I am taking Drummond over Terrence Jones and Sullinger, though.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to Drummond at 7, but Barnes is the guy I really want.