• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 LOTTERY, BABY!!!

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking Drummond over Barnes. I think Barnes is the 3rd best prospect, after Davis and Thomas. I am taking Drummond over Terrence Jones and Sullinger, though.

I wouldn't be completely opposed to Drummond at 7, but Barnes is the guy I really want.

Me, too. I don't see him getting past the Kings, though. They need a decent 3 as badly as the Warriors do.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find the link, but I heard on 95.7 The Game, they played an audio of Joe Lacob saying that they won't be picking 4 players in this draft, they'll evaluate all players, though would likely trade up.

I then heard on the same radio station that the Bobcats are are looking to trade out of the 2 spot to fill some of the several holes they have. They would've kept Davis if they got the #1, but they didn't.

That all was good news to my ears. I would really love MKG, he brings that toughness at the wing that we need. I only want to see either MKG or Drummond on the team.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? What do you like about Drummond? The guy is pure ugly with the ball in his hands. He has ZERO jump shot. The guy shot under 30% from the free throw line. That's Andris Biedrins territory. If he doesn't have a dunk, he doesn't have a shot at all.

I like his speed running down the court and his shot-blocking ability. There's no doubt about those. But once he gets the ball in his hands and he is anywhere other than directly under the basket, he reminds me of Adonal Foyle.

I would rather have Terrence Jones, Harrison Barnes or even Jared Sullinger.

I'm not sure where you got that he's ugly with the ball in his hands, he has a nice handle? He already brings to the table what we were going to pay Chandler or Jordan $11 million a season, with more offensive upside than both of them put together. Don't concern so much with his free throw %, he was a true freshman, he has nice form and is able to up that % with more care (unlike Biedrins).

Andre Drummond Freshman Highlights 2011-2012 - YouTube

He has ability to dominate. Starting at 2:52 you can see him go coast to coast a few times (showing him with the ball in his hand).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't find the link, but I heard on 95.7 The Game, they played an audio of Joe Lacob saying that they won't be picking 4 players in this draft, they'll evaluate all players, though would likely trade up.

I then heard on the same radio station that the Bobcats are are looking to trade out of the 2 spot to fill some of the several holes they have. They would've kept Davis if they got the #1, but they didn't.

That all was good news to my ears. I would really love MKG, he brings that toughness at the wing that we need. I only want to see either MKG or Drummond on the team.

If we trade up to #2 it HAS to be for Thomas.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade up to #2 it HAS to be for Thomas.

Not with the commitment and love the owners have for Lee. Lee hasn't been injury prone either, so I don't see the urgency for an undersized pf that isn't a tenacious defender. You do realize that Lee had a fabulous season? He averaged
20 pts and 9 rebs, this is after having seasons of 16 and 9, 20 and 12 and 16 and 12, plus he's a great passer.David Lee Stats - Golden State Warriors - ESPN

I don't see Thomas being much better, again, he's not a tenacious defender, nor is he a better shooter than Lee.

On top of that, this will be Lee's first time ever playing with a real center.

Excuse the expression, but I think your focusing on the wrong shit (Warriors draft wise)

A player like MKG brings a unique skill set, one that can't be taught. At the same time, he fills a need that has been expressed by the front office. He's a stud wing player, think Scottie Pippen.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is a stat whore. That is all. Thomas is a better defender, will be as good of not a better rebounder, and blows Lee's potential outta the roof.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not with the commitment and love the owners have for Lee. Lee hasn't been injury prone either, so I don't see the urgency for an undersized pf that isn't a tenacious defender. You do realize that Lee had a fabulous season? He averaged
20 pts and 9 rebs, this is after having seasons of 16 and 9, 20 and 12 and 16 and 12, plus he's a great passer.David Lee Stats - Golden State Warriors - ESPN

I don't see Thomas being much better, again, he's not a tenacious defender, nor is he a better shooter than Lee.

On top of that, this will be Lee's first time ever playing with a real center.

Excuse the expression, but I think your focusing on the wrong shit (Warriors draft wise)

A player like MKG brings a unique skill set, one that can't be taught. At the same time, he fills a need that has been expressed by the front office. He's a stud wing player, think Scottie Pippen.

Wasnt Lee a move the previous owner made? What makes you think the new owners love him so much?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Kidd Gilchrist Highlight Reel - YouTube

Sushi,

he has enough offense to contribute. I think he'll play in the style of a Bruce Bowen/Ron Artest/Shawn Marion mold.

I love him!

I think you had me mistaken. For our team, he would be a great fit and I would 100% prefer him over Thomas Robinson. For the draft, I think the Bobcats have so many pressing needs that they need to take a guy like Robinson over MKG.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not sure where you got that he's ugly with the ball in his hands, he has a nice handle? He already brings to the table what we were going to pay Chandler or Jordan $11 million a season, with more offensive upside than both of them put together. Don't concern so much with his free throw %, he was a true freshman, he has nice form and is able to up that % with more care (unlike Biedrins).

Andre Drummond Freshman Highlights 2011-2012 - YouTube

He has ability to dominate. Starting at 2:52 you can see him go coast to coast a few times (showing him with the ball in his hand).

I never said that he was not athletic. The guy is freakishly athletic. What I said is that he cannot shoot to save his life. Watch that entire video again. Of the 4 minutes and change of highlights ALL of it, with the exception of one shot, is slam dunks and ally oops. The one shot he took from the field (at roughly 2:20 of the video) the guy actually shoots the ball starting from his chest. That shit gets blocked all day long and twice on Sunday in the NBA.

If anyone had watched Drummond at all this year, it is obvious to see that the reason he was so good was because he is a man among boys. He had the physical skills and athletic ability to throw down over lesser players and run past them. That will not work in the NBA where every player is a physical freak of nature. To be truly successful in the NBA, a center/PF has to have a solid shot out to about 15 feet. Even Shaq, as a big, lumbering doofus, could shot the jumper. I realize Drummond is a kid still, but his shot is truly as ugly as any I have ever seen.

To top it off, he is a horrible defensive rebounder. He is a beast on the offensive glass - again because he is bigger, faster and stronger than most players he faced this year - but defensively, he lets guys run right past him, he cannot box out and he has no real awareness of where he needs to be. He is so bad, he makes _avi_ Lee look like Tim Duncan.

Honestly, what I see for Drummond is 10-12 points per night and 7 or 8 rebounds per night on a regular basis without much room for improvement. Unless he is drafted and immediately sent to the D-League where he spends an entire year just re-learning how to shoot and how to play the game defensively, he will never get past the "athletic" player he is right now. What I see is Anthony Randolph with 40 pounds more on his frame.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said that he was not athletic. The guy is freakishly athletic. What I said is that he cannot shoot to save his life. Watch that entire video again. Of the 4 minutes and change of highlights ALL of it, with the exception of one shot, is slam dunks and ally oops. The one shot he took from the field (at roughly 2:20 of the video) the guy actually shoots the ball starting from his chest. That shit gets blocked all day long and twice on Sunday in the NBA.

If anyone had watched Drummond at all this year, it is obvious to see that the reason he was so good was because he is a man among boys. He had the physical skills and athletic ability to throw down over lesser players and run past them. That will not work in the NBA where every player is a physical freak of nature. To be truly successful in the NBA, a center/PF has to have a solid shot out to about 15 feet. Even Shaq, as a big, lumbering doofus, could shot the jumper. I realize Drummond is a kid still, but his shot is truly as ugly as any I have ever seen.

To top it off, he is a horrible defensive rebounder. He is a beast on the offensive glass - again because he is bigger, faster and stronger than most players he faced this year - but defensively, he lets guys run right past him, he cannot box out and he has no real awareness of where he needs to be. He is so bad, he makes _avi_ Lee look like Tim Duncan.

Honestly, what I see for Drummond is 10-12 points per night and 7 or 8 rebounds per night on a regular basis without much room for improvement. Unless he is drafted and immediately sent to the D-League where he spends an entire year just re-learning how to shoot and how to play the game defensively, he will never get past the "athletic" player he is right now. What I see is Anthony Randolph with 40 pounds more on his frame.

This. Also toss in the stories about him not really liking basketball and just playing because, you know, he's 7' and that's what you do when you're tall. He's got bust written all over him and I wouldn't touch him anywhere in the Top 5. Depending on need, I'm not even sure I'd touch him the Top 10.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if MJ doesn't overrule Cho and draft Drummond #2 overall.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how I see the first 7 picks panning out:

1) Hornets - Anthony Davis
2) Bobcats - Thomas Robinson
3) Wizards - MKG
4) Cavs - Bradley Beal
5) Kings - Harrison Barnes
6) Blazers - Damian Lillard
7) Warriors - Andre Drummond

In this situation I think the Bobcats go with a guy who could anchor their front court and would be ready to contribute and produce in Robinson. MKG provides all the intangibles right now, but I don't think he's ready to immediately produce on the offensive end. Wizards go with MKG to help bring some work ethic to their team. Cavs take Beal to pair with Irving. Kings go with Barnes. They could go Drummond there but I think they're sold on Cousins holding down the fort in the middle. Blazers go with Lillard here. They have holes at the C and PG positions, but they could address the C spot with a guy like Zeller at 11, who could contribute immediately. Lillard will likely be gone before 11 and he could be great with Aldridge in the Pick and Roll with his scoring abilities. Warriors get lucky and have Drummond fall into their lap.

Sushi,

I'm not mistaken. This was you right here, I was replying to the bold.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee is a stat whore. That is all. Thomas is a better defender, will be as good of not a better rebounder, and blows Lee's potential outta the roof.

My friend, the problem is that it's all speculation. We already know for a fact that Lee is an NBA level double double guy that has defensively locked down NBA stars Lamarcus Aldridge and Kevin Love when he put his mind to it.We also know that Lee has never played with a legit NBA center even once in his career.

You're right that Robinson MIGHT be a little better than Lee in all departments, that still doesn't mean that Lee isn't solid. He'll be even more solid next season when he finally gets to play with a true NBA center.

See, in the NBA, team chemistry between those 12 guys that are suited up is very important. Lee has established himself as the team leader, he's also played very well for us. You can't just go messing with that just because there is a player that MIGHT be a little better. Why not go after a good player that fills a need? Tyler looked very good as the backup pf, we need a backup center and a tough sf in the mold of Bruce Bowen/Shawn Marion/Ron Artest (In Indiana).

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi,

I'm not mistaken. This was you right here, I was replying to the bold.

No I said that for the Warriors, that type of production (less offense more defense) would be ideal for us because that's exactly the kind of player we need. You said yourself he'll produce Bruce Bowen/Ron Artest type offensive numbers. That's not what the Bobcats need. They need everything and have already given up a guy who possessed a lot of the qualities that MKG would bring (Gerald Wallace). Their foundation would be a lot stronger going with a guy like Thomas Robinson who would have more upside offensively than MKG and could anchor their front court.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I said that for the Warriors, that type of production (less offense more defense) would be ideal for us because that's exactly the kind of player we need. You said yourself he'll produce Bruce Bowen/Ron Artest type offensive numbers. That's not what the Bobcats need. They need everything and have already given up a guy who possessed a lot of the qualities that MKG would bring (Gerald Wallace). Their foundation would be a lot stronger going with a guy like Thomas Robinson who would have more upside offensively than MKG and could anchor their front court.

Got it, and agree 100%.

I have been thinking and reading about the draft and I see how MKG could drop to us. Not a fact, but looking at the draft, it could happen. It would take Barnes to have a great combine, then follow up with some great workouts.

N.O.- Davis
Cats-Robinson
Wiz-Beal or Lamb
Clev-Barnes or Beal or Lamb
Sac-Drummond
Port-Lillard
G.S.-MKG

Not out of the question.
All these teams need points from their wing spots. As far as Sac goes, I can't see them passing on a chance to have twin towers. Cousins handles the points in the paint, Drummond handles the defense and rebounding.

Also want to add that I also can see us drafting Sullinger to trade to Philly, along with Wright or Biens expiring contract for Iggy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. Also toss in the stories about him not really liking basketball and just playing because, you know, he's 7' and that's what you do when you're tall. He's got bust written all over him and I wouldn't touch him anywhere in the Top 5. Depending on need, I'm not even sure I'd touch him the Top 10.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if MJ doesn't overrule Cho and draft Drummond #2 overall.

I agree, why Drummond? With the Warriors having Bogut (questions about his injury), Biedrins (disappearing act) and Tyler (very raw), I don't know why the Dubbs would want to draft this guy especially when their GM just said a week ago that they will draft the BPA and not just on need. I keep hearing that Sactown will be looking to draft Barnes 5th overall so I doubt he falls to the Dubbs at 7 unless he slips. If Charlotte does trade out of that #2 spot, getting Kidd Gilchrist would be absolutely freakish for this team but I doubt trading four picks for the #2 overall would do it - I imagine trading a player would have to be in the works for this to happen or a future 1st.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with Clyde. If I moved up to 2nd I would take TRob regardless of Lee.

Harkless starting to get some pub:
Warriors draft options at #7: Jones, Jones, Drummond, Zeller, PG or trade | Talking Points

Tim really needs to learn to quit while he is ahead. For the majority of that article, I was thinking he had written the best column that I have ever read by him. Then, he mentioned Trevor Ariza as having similar trade value to Nicholas Batum. In a vacuum, maybe, but not when Batum is younger, already better and his current team has more invested in him than Ariza's has in him.

Then, he inexplicably typed this, "And that puts Zeller, more of a C than a PF and someone who can immediately play behind Bogut, into larger play at 7, I’d believe." In this draft, Tyler Zeller is not a Top 10, let alone Top 7, pick for anyone. There are too many potentially great NBA players to draft a guy with an average floor and slightly above average ceiling in the Top 10. Those guys are value picks for playoff teams and teams that are one player away from the playoffs.

I understand that he is only discussing possible scenarios, and even (rightfully) shoots down his own Austin Rivers idea, but he should have done that with the Zeller option and his views on putting Batum in the same sentence as Ariza, too. Other than that, I think it's a very good article, and I rarely feel that way after a Kawakami piece.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG (not in a good way either). That's all I'm going to say.

:faint2: