• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Network's Mike Mayock has assigned a first-round grade to only two wide receivers in the 2013 draft: Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson and Cal's Keenan Allen.
Mayock was particularly effusive in praising Patterson, who is a Julio Jones kind of wide receiver at 6-foot-3 and 200-plus pounds. "You put him on tape, and he’s going to take your breath away," Mayock said. "He’s a special talent." Mayock is interested to see how Allen runs at this week's Scouting Combine. Allen is more the possession/run-after-catch receiver, a Miles Austin type.

:lol: Maylock obviously got into McShay's stash. Patterson simply doesn't have the catching ability as of yet to be worth a top 15. There's consistency catching the ball and then there's the degree of difficulty that a WR is able to meet to make the tough catches. The guy isn't capable of making the tough grabs and there are reports his hands aren't reliable neither.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Maylock obviously got into McShay's stash. Patterson simply doesn't have the catching ability as of yet to be worth a top 15. There's consistency catching the ball and then there's the degree of difficulty that a WR is able to meet to make the tough catches. The guy isn't capable of making the tough grabs and there are reports his hands aren't reliable neither.

I think he compares very favorably to Julio. Julio had big reports of bad hands when he came out too. He had A LOT of drops in college.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is the description of Justin Hunter. I couldn't care less about your reports either. You haven't even watched the kid play. It's an embarrassment to make these uneducated claims.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Anyone think Jordan Poyer could play FS? He's about the same size as Goldson. A little lighter, but he's also a little shorter. He's a good CB prospect, but the Niners need safeties more badly.

If you ever have time, go back and read over all the posts made in this particular thread. That was my assessment of him the very first time Clyde came on here to hype him up. He's a willing tackler (he has a little agression to him) and I've said it from day one that I think he would be a descent corner in the league, but would make a very good FS in the league.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he compares very favorably to Julio. Julio had big reports of bad hands when he came out too. He had A LOT of drops in college.

I was just about to make a similar comment. As a matter of fact, several weeks ago in another thread I made the Julio Jones comparisons and someone nearly stoned me to death for saying that. Wasn't it you, Tubbs? I don't remember but the person didn't like the fact that I said that he had Julio Jones size (the person't rebuttal was that Jones has at least 15 pounds on Patterson to make such a claim). Anyway, Patterson has better hands than Jones. Jones is stronger and a bit more explosive from the snap of the football.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
RB in the draft for Detroit?
February, 19, 2013 10:31AM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

Given the Detroit Lions' myriad needs on the defensive side of the ball -- as we've repeatedly noted in this space, they have six starters from 2012 hitting unrestricted free agency, in addition to having released veteran DE Kyle Vanden Bosch already -- one would think they'd focus on that side of the ball in free agency and the draft. And they very well may choose a player on the D-line at No. 5 overall; there should be several really good ones from which to choose. However, in Round 2 and after, their focus may shift back to offense.

Specifically, Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press writes that RB is perhaps their biggest position of need on the offensive side of the ball. And it just so happens that there are some players that could make sense for them on the second or third day of the draft.

The goal for Detroit, in the words of GM Martin Mayhew, is to add some "juice" to the backfield, and moving beyond metaphor into reality, they're really trying to find a replacement for Jahvid Best, whose NFL future is up in the air. Some names to keep in mind: UNC's Giovani Bernard, Clemson's Andre Ellington, Oregon's Kenjon Barner and Oklahoma St.'s Joseph Randle.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to make a similar comment. As a matter of fact, several weeks ago in another thread I made the Julio Jones comparisons and someone nearly stoned me to death for saying that. Wasn't it you, Tubbs? I don't remember but the person didn't like the fact that I said that he had Julio Jones size (the person't rebuttal was that Jones has at least 15 pounds on Patterson to make such a claim). Anyway, Patterson has better hands than Jones. Jones is stronger and a bit more explosive from the snap of the football.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/90365-julio-jones.html#post2724243

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ideas for St. Louis' first-rounders
February, 19, 2013 3:04PM ET
By Tim Kavanagh | ESPN.com

There are some who questioned the St. Louis Rams' decision to trade the No. 2 pick in the 2012 draft, instead of trying to market Sam Bradford and taking Robert Griffin III for themselves, though to be fair, there needed to be a market for Bradford, and it's obvious that a good one didn't develop. And as a result of dealing that No. 2 pick to Washington, they got a king's ransom of picks in return, including Washington's first-rounder this offseason.

Based on the final results of the 2012 campaign, those picks have worked out to be No. 16 and 22 overall, and given the nature of this year's draft class (with more depth than top talent), this is a good situation in which to be, in the opinion of NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock. "I think St. Louis is in really good position," Mayock said during an epic conference call on Monday, via the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "I don't like being in the top 10 this year. I'd much rather be at 16 and 22."

As for matching possible positions of need, Mayock believes that all but two OTs (Luke Joeckel and Eric Fisher) will still be on the board at NO. 16, and all but one WR (Cordarrelle Patterson). At safety, the top player at the position (Kenny Vaccaro) may be gone, and Mayock doesn't foresee other players being worthy of those picks.

Two possibilities for St. Louis at 16 could be OTs D.J. Fluker and Lane Johnson, while the 22nd pick may wind up being a choice between WR Keenan Allen and TEs Zach Ertz, Tyler Eifert and Gavin Escobar.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks MHSL. You should be a detective. In this thread we are participating in right now Tubbs said

But in the thread you found, Tubbs had said:

I guess Tubbs has had a change of heart.

OT: On a message board a few years ago a guy said something ridiculous (I forgot what it was) and I responded that, "the bold is spot on" and there was no bolded part in the quote. The OP asked if I forgot to bold what he was talking about and I said, "No, the bolded part was well said and accurate." So the OP said, "you didn't bold anything." I said, "exactly."

I don't talk like that, but the guy was a jerk and an idiot. Moreso than I at both.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If you ever have time, go back and read over all the posts made in this particular thread. That was my assessment of him the very first time Clyde came on here to hype him up. He's a willing tackler (he has a little agression to him) and I've said it from day one that I think he would be a descent corner in the league, but would make a very good FS in the league.

You & I have been on a very similar wavelength since about the 2009 draft Bingo.

I like Poyer at either position, but I think FS is just an easier position to play than CB; plus the Niners are probably gonna need safeties.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal WR Keenan Allen will not participate in this week's NFL Scouting Combine due to a lingering left knee injury.
Allen suffered a Grade 2 PCL tear in late October and missed the final three games of his college career. His recovery is going on four months now, which is concerning. Allen experienced swelling in pre-Combine training, and will have a March 11 followup exam with Dr. James Andrews. He'll only run routes at Cal's Pro Day, but has tentatively scheduled a personal workout for the first week of April to run the forty-yard dash. Allen's forty time is crucial because NFL evaluators have questions about his long speed.

Not good for Allen. He could be dropping big on draft day if that knee doesn't check out ok.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cal WR Keenan Allen will not participate in this week's NFL Scouting Combine due to a lingering left knee injury.
Allen suffered a Grade 2 PCL tear in late October and missed the final three games of his college career. His recovery is going on four months now, which is concerning. Allen experienced swelling in pre-Combine training, and will have a March 11 followup exam with Dr. James Andrews. He'll only run routes at Cal's Pro Day, but has tentatively scheduled a personal workout for the first week of April to run the forty-yard dash. Allen's forty time is crucial because NFL evaluators have questions about his long speed.

Not good for Allen. He could be dropping big on draft day if that knee doesn't check out ok.

Not good. Two things I wanted to see. His true height and his forty time. Now I definitely have Austin rank higher them him keeping him at # 3 on my list. If Crabtree slid because of a pre combine injury, than so will he. He still has a chance though if he follows up by running the forty (tentative schedule for teams) then this could all change before the due date of April 25th.