• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Keenan Allen the 28th ranked player????

If only...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gutsy performance by tyler wilson, but everytime i watch him i come away not very impressed.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just cross your fingers the Cards to pick him in the 1st.

Huh? I thought you loved Wilson as a prospect.

I'm glad he's having a rough game today, because he's probably the most talented QB in the draft the Niners MIGHT have a chance of trading up to take.

...and as I said that he threw a TD, but it's a garbage TD.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm glad he's having a rough game today, because he's probably the most talented QB in the draft the Niners MIGHT have a chance of trading up to take.

Sorry, cross your fingers the Cards DONT pick him up.

Poyer vs. Stanford WRs today.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he's talented but he just doesn't seem to be putting it together. imo geno smith would be a great fit for harbaugh, but he's hard to analysis because the team around him just doesn't match up well against ranked teams.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
imo geno smith would be a great fit for harbaugh, but he's hard to analysis because the team around him just doesn't match up well against ranked teams.

Plus he's probably going to be the first overall pick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
DJ Fluker made some ca$h today.

Jesse Williams looked good. Barrett Jones was a little disappointing.

Sean Porter didn't stand out as much as I was hoping he would; he's been one of my favourite later-round prospects. Luke Joeckel might've played himself into the top 10.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee Tech junior WR Da'Rick Rogers will enter the 2013 NFL Draft.
Rogers transferred from Tennessee just before the season started after multiple failed drug tests and has done fairly well at the FBS level. The Golden Eagles have only won two games and other than one contest in which Rogers went for 303 receiving yards, he has failed to top 88 yards in any other game. Off field questions will be Rogers' biggest setback throughout the pre-draft process.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ENTERING THE DRAFT:
WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
WR Marquess Wilson, Washington St.

RETURNING TO SCHOOL:
QB Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Barkevious Mingo has not done anything to change my mind about him this season. People keep talking about his amazing physical ablity; I don't see it. He has very good physical ability, but it doesn't exactly stand out. His body seems identical to Manny Lawson's. Same height & weight, and Manny had excellent agility. Also, Manny played with a superior pass rusher opposite him. His problem was that he just wasn't very strong, and that's what I see in Mingo. I no longer think he'd be all that much of an addition to the Niners' defense.

I've said from the beginning Montgomery is the better player, and I'm sticking to that unless Mingo does something unworldly at the combine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaMontre Moore up to 12.5 sacks now.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been keeping up on college players as much this year. Who are some Defensive Linemen you guys would like us to draft in 2013?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like us to draft DaMontre Moore. Unfortunately he won't last that long.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like us to draft DaMontre Moore. Unfortunately he won't last that long.

I have had the chance to see a little of him. He looks like a very promising prospect. He only weighs 250 right now, though. I'd be interested to see what he can do around 275.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
So after seeing Tyler Wilson play here are some preliminary thought on him:

He does not strike me as a GREAT QB prospect in terms of talent. Going back to Peyton Manning, there have been very few QBs I see who just seem to have amazing talent throwing the football (whether they have the guts & work ethic & mental toughness is another matter).

I'll explain what I mean: I never thought Cam Newton has amazing talent throwing the football. He has more POTENTIAL than anyone, but he was not the kind of quick, efficient, accurate, mechanically sound QB that a guy like Andrew Luck was in college (I'm just foocusing on throwing the ball; running it is extra IMO).

I absolutely think Jay Cutler, on the other hand, is an uber-talented passer. He's been inconsistent at times, and he's screwed behind that OL in Chicago, but I think mentally (mental quickness) & mechanically he's great.

I don't see that next level of efficient play in Wilson. However, I do see a little Tom Brady in him. Nobody does a better job of standing tall in the pocket & delivering the ball calmly than Brady; Wilson looks like that is a strength for him. That will REALLY help if he has a good OL because he'll be scanning the field right from the snap.

Arm isn't amazing, but it's not weak. It's more than enough to succeed in the NFL (see Mr. accurate Drew Brees).

I like him more than I did Kaepernick (whom I didn't like at all), but I'm not sure how much more I like him. when it's all said & done he's gonna be a top 10 pick. I'm also not sure if I like him more than I did Tannehill or Locker. For the record, I would've taken Locker over Aldon, and I was the biggest Aldon fan on the old ESPN forum. I'm not yet sure Wilson would help a team like the Niners more than a guy like Jones, Star or Hankins would. I'm also not sure Wilson would be much better than a guy like... say... Tony Romo (long-ish term) if he became available. Gonna have to think about that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I've been thinking lately about the Niners drafting Alex Okafor as a rotational DE because there aren't very many good pass-rushing 3-4 DE prospects in this draft. However, I'm starting to think that's not a good idea. He does a decent job on the left side against the run in a 4-3, but he'd get eaten up in the NFL as a DE.

I wonder if his counterpart Jeffcoat will declare after getting hurt this year...