• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 10 Running Backs based on positional ratings, and tweets and other things that i have read
1. Giovani Bernard
2. Joseph Randle
3. Andre Ellington
4. Le'Veon Bell
5. Eddie Lacy
6. Stepfan Taylor
7. Mike Gillislee
8. Montee Ball
9. Johnathan Franklin (stock is rising)
10. Jawan Jamison (stock is rising)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My top 10 Running Backs based on positional ratings, and tweets and other things that i have read
1. Giovani Bernard
2. Joseph Randle
3. Andre Ellington
4. Le'Veon Bell
5. Eddie Lacy
6. Stepfan Taylor
7. Mike Gillislee
8. Montee Ball
9. Johnathan Franklin (stock is rising)
10. Jawan Jamison (stock is rising)

Mike Gillislee is a bit too small for my liking. He puts on the effort though in trying to be a tough runner. Montee Ball I don't like at all. Guys I consider potential steals because they will be drafted in the later rounds (Alfred Morris type like impacts within their first years) are Christine Michael, Dennis Johnson, Cierre Wood, Silas Redd.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI's Tony Pauline stated that many NFL Scouts compare the talent slated for the 2013 Draft similarly to that of 2008's version.

That year, left tackle Jake Long was selected first overall and was seen as a "safe" decision. Per Pauline, many scouts told him that "the top of the draft is uninspired to this point," and "it looks like a draft where teams select safe players and draft for need in the early going."

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SI's Tony Pauline stated that many NFL Scouts compare the talent slated for the 2013 Draft similarly to that of 2008's version.

That year, left tackle Jake Long was selected first overall and was seen as a "safe" decision. Per Pauline, many scouts told him that "the top of the draft is uninspired to this point," and "it looks like a draft where teams select safe players and draft for need in the early going."

I can see that since all the mocks I've seen have been quite sporadic/less consistent when compared to other mocks.

Yet 2008 produce Matty Ice, Jake Long, Gholston/Harvey:-)duck:), Clady, Flacco(2 QBs eh), Mendenhall and our very own Balmer in the first....

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Gillislee is a bit too small for my liking. He puts on the effort though in trying to be a tough runner. Montee Ball I don't like at all. Guys I consider potential steals because they will be drafted in the later rounds (Alfred Morris type like impacts within their first years) are Christine Michael, Dennis Johnson, Cierre Wood, Silas Redd.

Gillislee is too small? He's listed as 5'11 210. Bernard is listed as 5'10 205 (but i think he is closer to 5'8 than he is 5'10). But i think the guys you mentioned (along with Dyer and Ray Graham) will definitely be a good value later in the draft.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that since all the mocks I've seen have been quite sporadic/less consistent when compared to other mocks.

Yet 2008 produce Matty Ice, Jake Long, Gholston/Harvey:-)duck:), Clady, Flacco(2 QBs eh), Mendenhall and our very own Balmer in the first....

This was the draft before i paid any attention to the draft. When he was drafted first i was completely shocked. I remember talking to my dad about it because we're both UNC fans and couldnt believe it.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the draft before i paid any attention to the draft. When he was drafted first i was completely shocked. I remember talking to my dad about it because we're both UNC fans and couldnt believe it.

yeah his stock rose towards the end of his season. But idk what our coaches then saw. Never did a thing other than kickoff lol

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Oooh! Goodies! Thanks Clyde. Let's see what we got...

Oh man! They have my guy Hankins ranked 2nd overall. :( He's one of a few non-QBs for whom I'd want to trade up (Hunter, Allen, J. Jones & maybe a few others). They have him ahead of Star. Both are about as good of prospects as you're going to find at DT (Hankins might be more versatile), but Star might have a higher ceiling.

Xzavier Rhodes at 29? Might make a good FS (no trade up though). Think I'd rather have Eifert though.

Kawann Short at 36 huh? Seems a bit low. The combine will be big for him...

Jackson Jeffcoat would be a great pick in the 2nd, but if he's smart he'll go back to school.

Sheldon Richardson at 38? If I were running a 4-3 I'd love that pick.

Still hype for Chase Thomas huh? I don't get it.

Cordarrelle Patterson at 49 seems like a Reuben Randle kind of pick...

Landry Jones in the 50's? My prediction: that will never happen. If the Browns take Brandon Weeden in the first round, someone will take Jones in the first. Late 30's at hte VERY latest.

Jordan Poyer at 51 seems way too low.

Finally someone is talking about Kevin Minter. Solid MLB prospect. Even better 3-4 ILB prospect.

Sean Porter at 85? That'd be a no brainer pick for me.

A bunch of great inerior OL in this draft; the Niners need to draft one of 'em to play C. Here's hoping Stone from Tennessee enters the draft. He's my favourite C on earth about whom nobody seems to talk.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Some interesting later round guys from those rankins:

Cornelius Washington, but not as an OLB like they say. I like him as a DE, even in a 3-4. He's stout.

Dominique Easley is intriguing. A little short for a DE, but he might have some good up-side.

There are some WRs slotted pretty low who have the potential to be steals (Dobson, the recently suspended Wilson, etc), but I wouldn't mess with projects at WR. Take one who definitely looks like a #1 guy or don't even bother. The Niners have plenty of average WRs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually these CBS rankings are better than most on the internet, but this year I disagree with so much of it, I really wouldn't even know where to start. I think my own rankings this year are a bit all over the place as well. Should make for a fun first round, though.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooh! Goodies! Thanks Clyde. Let's see what we got...

Landry Jones in the 50's? My prediction: that will never happen. If the Browns take Brandon Weeden in the first round, someone will take Jones in the first. Late 30's at the VERY latest.

I really can't imagine 5+ QBs being taken in the 30s in the draft, let alone in the first round the way Weeden was. The QBs in this draft are much weaker than last year and according to Josh Norris (Midseason Mock Draft - Mock Drafts - Rotoworld.com

Here's the issue, despite the cap-friendly contracts that are now assigned to rookies, I am not sure QB needy teams are in a position to draft them here. Possible suitors like Buffalo, Oakland, Arizona (just to name a few) are in a position right now that they can select a better player, regardless of position, and possibly trade back into the first-round for a signal caller of choice. Obviously mocking trades is pointless at this time, but later in the process this will be added. I may be alone, but I do not see the same quarterback talent at the top this season compared to last April. But, if a team has "their guy," expect a selection regardless of who is remaining on the board or a possible deal to get them back into the first-round.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gillislee is too small? He's listed as 5'11 210. Bernard is listed as 5'10 205 (but i think he is closer to 5'8 than he is 5'10). But i think the guys you mentioned (along with Dyer and Ray Graham) will definitely be a good value later in the draft.

Gillislee doesn't look that big to me. I'm surprised he is that big. He looks like he has a LaMichael James type frame with more bulk to him. He barely looks 200lbs, but he's two-ten? Wow.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Gillislee doesn't look that big to me. I'm surprised he is that big. He looks like he has a LaMichael James type frame with more bulk to him. He barely looks 200lbs, but he's two-ten? Wow.

He's LISTED at 209. Unless he bulks up by the time he's checked out, he'll probably come in closer to the 200 range. He has a verified weight of 200:

Risers & Fallers after week six | National Football Post

Usually verified weights are from a player's junior pro day. I don't have my own confirmed height or weight total on him from his junior day.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's LISTED at 209. Unless he bulks up by the time he's checked out, he'll probably come in closer to the 200 range. He has a verified weight of 200:

Usually verified weights are from a player's junior pro day. I don't have my own confirmed height or weight total on him from his junior day.

I feel like everyone is listed bigger than they are. But he isn't one that stood out to me as being small. Especially since I had Bernard and Ellington listed ahead of him. Ellington is listed as 5'9 190, i cant imagine him being listed underweight. Bernard is listed as 5'10 210, but i am pretty sure he is shorter than that and I just assume they are both listed heavier than they really are.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Wow I really couldn't tell he was that big. I thought he was a small guy running hard. Now I see why he isn't afraid to put his head down and try to run over people. For a man weighing 200lbs he has pretty agility. With all that said, I wouldn't draft him no earlier than the fourth round. Hasn't done enough in his career to convince me. What are your guys take on Chris Thompson of FSU? He should be a very late round pick that could be a good change of pace guy in the league. A poor man's Deangelo Williams when running off tackle.