• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tony Pauline from SI/TFY Tyler Bray and Justin Hunter will most likely enter the draft. He calls it a "forgone conclusion". He's usually pretty reliable so I'll add both names to the list. He also said Aaron Murray is likely to enter, and Cordarelle Patterson is likely to stay, but nothing too concrete on either player so I'll leave them off for now.

ENTERING THE DRAFT:
QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee

WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee
WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
WR Marquess Wilson, Washington St.

RETURNING TO SCHOOL:
QB Logan Thomas, Virginia Tech

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Tyler Bray is entering the draft????????

Wow. I thought for sure he'd go back & contend for #1 overall next year. This draft just got a lot more interesting.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Bray is entering the draft????????

Wow. I thought for sure he'd go back & contend for #1 overall next year. This draft just got a lot more interesting.

Problem is he is going to be learning a new offense next season if he stays. He's in a tight spot.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The following players have officially accepted invitations to the Senior Bowl and more are expected to be announced next Wednesday:

Florida State QB EJ Manuel
Marshall WR Aaron Dobson
Oregon State WR Markus Wheaton
Oregon State CB Jordan Poyer
Purdue DT Kawann Short
San Jose State TE Ryan Otten
Utah State CB Will Davis
Virginia LT Oday Aboushi
Washington CB Desmond Trufant

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Problem is he is going to be learning a new offense next season if he stays. He's in a tight spot.

Ah. Well, he has some serious accuracy issues right now. I still think he'd be worth drafting on potential alone though; there aren't a lot of great QB options at this point.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah. Well, he has some serious accuracy issues right now. I still think he'd be worth drafting on potential alone though; there aren't a lot of great QB options at this point.

His biggest problem is mental. He has been a sub par leader and folds against good defenses with terrible decision making.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the biggest fan of Bray if Osweiler can go in the 2nd...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Can't wait to see Poyer and Dobson there.

Me too. I am not high on Dobson at all. And Poyer is not a great corner to me, but would make a fantastic FS IMO. Of course that's just my opinion and I can very well be wrong.

I really want to see more of Short and Aboushi.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Me too. I am not high on Dobson at all. And Poyer is not a great corner to me, but would make a fantastic FS IMO. Of course that's just my opinion and I can very well be wrong.

I really want to see more of Short and Aboushi.

I really liked Short last year and was kind of hoping he would have declared. Their head coach, Danny Hope, says he's having a better season and is a much better player, but he hasn't become a star player like I thought he might be this year.

He's still inconsistent technique wise and bigger OL, especially Andrew Norwell, have taken advantage of him. He also still looks like he wears down at times, but he looks better than he did last year and spent alot of time getting in better shape. He looked sloppy in the midsection last year.

I still like him, Johnathan Hankins big time, Jesse Williams, and Anthony Rashad White. They would be on my target list right now.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really liked Short last year and was kind of hoping he would have declared. Their head coach, Danny Hope, says he's having a better season and is a much better player, but he hasn't become a star player like I thought he might be this year.

He's still inconsistent technique wise and bigger OL, especially Andrew Norwell, have taken advantage of him. He also still looks like he wears down at times, but he looks better than he did last year and spent alot of time getting in better shape. He looked sloppy in the midsection last year.

I still like him, Johnathan Hankins big time, Jesse Williams, and Anthony Rashad White. They would be on my target list right now.

He'd be a guy I'd consider if he fell well into the 2nd or 3rd.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

What jumps out at you about ARW that sparks your interest in him? I remember watching him play last year during a game in which Jerel Worthy was inactive. He did pretty well from what I saw. He also was somewhat disruptive during the opening game this year against Boise. He doesn't appear to be a difference maker though so I wouldn't spend an early or even a mid round pick on him for that reason alone. Interesting info on Short. Thanks for sharing.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who should the Chiefs pick 1st overall? Mel Kiper says Manti Te'o:

Who Should Chiefs Target With No. 1 Pick? - ESPN Video - ESPN

Hah.

It is a little absurd to say the least. But Clyde, under the circumstances I don't think that it would totally idiotic of Scott Pioli to do if he indeed took that route. What if they trade back up in the mid to late first and still end up with Matt Barkley or Tyler Wilson? How much better is Geno Smith is from Barkley? Wilson? Murray? or Glennon for that matter?

If it were me, I wouldn't screw around...I would take Barkley. They're going to lose Bowe anyway. I wouldn't want to spend my 2013 2nd round pick and a my 2014 first round pick to move up in the late first to draft Wilson per se. I'd rather stay put draft Barkley, use my 2nd round pick on a WR to replace Bowe or on one of the talented offensive lineman that will be available at that spot.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Teo? I know ILB is a bigger need than OLB & OT, but taking Teo over a guy like Jarvis Jones or Luke Joeckel would be downright silly. And just because they've selected D-linemen high in the past doesn't mean they have a dominant D-line. Hankins or Lotulei pose more value than Teo.

Te'O, DJ, Hali, Houston...man that would be scary for real. Dontari Poe would be much better too. If they can assure themselves they would be able to get Wilson in the late first, would you be ok with drafting Manti then?

Anyway, enough about him. I really like his teammate Louis Nix.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm starting to give a lot of thought to targetting Tyler Bray in the draft this year. It might be a perfect fit.

The Niners already have Alex, and they have Kaep wating in the wings. They're in a perfect position to draft a project at QB. Bray is raw, and he won't have to play any time in the near future. But he has more potential than anyone in the draft except maybe Geno Smith, and Geno will go way too high to be able to trade up & get him. Drafting Bray is the quintessential buy-low personnel move; his stock is never going to be lower.

If anyone can tap into Bray's potential it's Harbaugh. Right now we're hoping against hope that our QB play will be slightly above average (in the playoffs) because that could be enough to win a SB with the talent the Niners have. And I'm talking about both Alex and Kaep because neother one of them will ever be elite QBs. Bray might be able to develop into an elite QB a la Eli Manning circa 2011 (a relatively late bloomer).

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm starting to give a lot of thought to targetting Tyler Bray in the draft this year. It might be a perfect fit.

The Niners already have Alex, and they have Kaep wating in the wings. They're in a perfect position to draft a project at QB. Bray is raw, and he won't have to play any time in the near future. But he has more potential than anyone in the draft except maybe Geno Smith, and Geno will go way too high to be able to trade up & get him. Drafting Bray is the quintessential buy-low personnel move; his stock is never going to be lower.

If anyone can tap into Bray's potential it's Harbaugh. Right now we're hoping against hope that our QB play will be slightly above average (in the playoffs) because that could be enough to win a SB with the talent the Niners have. And I'm talking about both Alex and Kaep because neother one of them will ever be elite QBs. Bray might be able to develop into an elite QB a la Eli Manning circa 2011 (a relatively late bloomer).

Aaron Murray looks more like a Harbaugh type of QB. I have a strong feeling Murray will have a much better pro career than a college career. Harbaugh can definitely tap into his potential.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Aaron Murray looks more like a Harbaugh type of QB. I have a strong feeling Murray will have a much better pro career than a college career. Harbaugh can definitely tap into his potential.

Y'know, I've always been intrigued with Murray, but I can never seem to get a good gauge on him. I've seen plenty of play from him, and I never know what to expect. I can't tell if he's a mediocre QB playing around great talent or if he's carrying the offense.

If someone put a gun to my head and told me to give a final opinion on him, I'd say he's an Alex Smith type of prospect. Low ceiling; could be efficient in the short passing game. Needs a lot of talent around him to succeed. However, he sometimes shows flashes of what could be more.

At this point, if the Niners draft a QB I want him to be a guy they think could be an elite NFL QB one day. I don't see that in Murray. I never saw it in Barkley either, and I was even saying last year (when he might've been the #2 overall pick) that Barkley is an Alex Smith type of prospect. Drafting either one of those guys seems like a lateral move.

I might even say the same thing about Tyler Wilson, but I think he has a little more potential than Murray or Barkley. Wilson doesn't have amazing physical talent, but he seems like a quick thinker / decision maker who has a lot of poise in the pocket. However, I'm not sure he has anything on a QB like Tony Romo, who might end up being cut or traded by the Cowboys.

There's my preliminary QB breakdown for the day.