• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper is not better than Warmack, I'd take Travis Frederick over Cooper, too.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jax absolutely makes this pick or Geno if available. Gabbert is terrible and terrible he is. The little Jags fans left would not be disappointed by this move.

Like Bingo said a luxury pick for the Niners(if he meant Niners). I'll be honest Idk if I'd like it or hate it, he is the best RB in the draft ATM, to get him real late, behind Gore for another year or 2 could be great.

It makes the LMJ pick a waste unless injuries come thundering down. Idk if LMJ can overcome a would be Gore, Lattimore & Hunter. Sh*t, I'll still be fine with Gore going again and again.

Yes, I was referring to Lattimore going to 9ers. I don't give a rat's a$$ about the jags for me to post a mock for them. I guess the title of the link confused everyone.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I was referring to Lattimore going to 9ers. I don't give a rat's a$$ about the jags for me to post a mock for them. I guess the title of the link confused everyone.

lol nah no way. I didn't leave to chance that I misquoted you. I mean, its niners for us so that was nearly automatic.

Didn't want to give you a chance to call me!!!!!!!!!!!! :nod:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Keep a look out for David Fales from San Jose St. He's shredding defenses now. Could be a solid, late-round developmental type. He's a little short though. I'm 5-11 and he has 2 inches MAX on me.

Is he better than Johnny Manziel in terms of mobility, accuracy, and arm strength? Fales is listed at being 6'3 by the way!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do YOU guys think of Manziel? i'm intrigue to here various POVs on this...

but there goes me talking draft when i shouldn't!!!!

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mike Mayock is high on this kid. He is 6'6 270/275 lbs. He has such a beautiful frame and is strong as hell at the point of attack. He needs to be a guy we keep an eye out for (3-4 DE):

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What do YOU guys think of Manziel? i'm intrigue to here various POVs on this...

but there goes me talking draft when i shouldn't!!!!

I don't think he's draft eligible. I like him a lot, just as much as I liked Russel Wilson last year. He still needs to develop as a passer, but boy is he deadly. I think it'll be a mistake for teams to downgrade him because of his size.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he better than Johnny Manziel in terms of mobility, accuracy, and arm strength? Fales is listed at being 6'3 by the way!

Better than Johnny Football? Don't be ridiculous Bingo!

On a serious note he doesn't have Manziel's mobility or accuracy, but is physically bigger and as a better arm. He's listed at 6'3', but I'd be shocked if he came in at over 6-1. Unless I'm taller than I think.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Better than Johnny Football? Don't be ridiculous Bingo!

On a serious note he doesn't have Manziel's mobility or accuracy, but is physically bigger and as a better arm. He's listed at 6'3', but I'd be shocked if he came in at over 6-1. Unless I'm taller than I think.

I don't know anything about Fales. Not sure if I will ever see him play this year unless it's in the East West Shrines game or the Senior Bowl. I leave it up to you to keep us updated...

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Top linemen stand out in Neyland Stadium
October, 22, 2012 3:05PM ET
By Kevin Weidl

I headed to Knoxville over the weekend to take in the Alabama-Tennessee game, and the impressive amount of talent all over the field began up front with some very good offensive linemen.

I came in with high expectations for my first live look at Alabama G Chance Warmack (Grade: 94), and I was not disappointed. Warmack has a massive frame, thick everywhere without being sloppy, and is exactly what you want an interior offensive lineman to look like.

Chance Warmack is perhaps the best guard prospect of the past decade.

He showed a very strong inline power base and played with good leverage in some heavyweight matchups with gigantic Vols DT Daniel McCullers, and pass protection also came very easily to Warmack. He is light on his feet and has good lateral agility, and displayed a strong anchor to post up pass-rushers and keep them at bay without having to give ground into the pocket.

His punch is strong, he can lock out and control defenders, and he shows the instincts to recognize defensive line schemes, all of which makes Warmack look like a home run as a first-rounder.

Tennessee G Dallas Thomas (90) isn't quite as high on the board at Warmack, but I've seen Thomas play three games in person and each time he has been very strong.

Thomas also has a solid anchor and moves well laterally when protecting the pocket, playing under control and with good balance. His inline power is good, and Thomas is effective when climbing to the second level.

He's solid in tight quarters, has the versatility to play both tackle and guard, and in my eyes is solidifying himself as a top-40 overall pick.

More Tide linemen impress

There is nothing impressive about the frame of Alabama OL Barrett Jones (83), who doesn't have great bulk upstairs and isn't very defined, but Jones is an intelligent player who finds a way to get the job done with technique, angles, positioning and leverage.

He uses his hands well when recognizing pressures and covering up defenders in the running game, and Jones has experience playing all along the offensive line. That versatility and his approach to the game give Jones the look of a solid Day 2 prospect.

Crimson Tide OT D.J. Fluker (72), on the other hand, is another huge prospect. Fluker's imposing size and long, muscular arms make him hard to get around in pass protection, though is a bit heavy-footed and is a step late in pass pro at times.

He'll likely be a right tackle at the next level because of that, but he fits well there with his ability to control defenders and win with strength in the running game. Fluker lacks ideal athleticism in space and is still a raw prospect, but his length and size could be enough for him to sneak into the back end of Day 2.

Milliner leads the way elsewhere

Alabama CB Dee Milliner (91) has been one of the fastest-rising prospects in the nation this season, and against the Vols he looked like the next in a long line of polished, intelligent and athletic Crimson Tide corner prospects.

Milliner has a wiry build but plays a physical, aggressive style, and he's smart and instinctive in coverage. He showed excellent awareness on a high-low route near the red zone in the first quarter, mid-pointing the two Tennessee receivers and baiting Vols QB Tyler Bray into throwing the corner route. Milliner then showed the ability to break on the throw and make a play on the ball in the end zone.

He also flashed short-area quickness when reading the quarterback and coming off his primary responsibility to break on throws in zone coverage, and did a nice job sticking with explosive Vols WR Cordarrelle Patterson on a dig route at one point. Milliner was also a gunner on punt coverage, which adds to the overall package that should make him a first-round pick.

Alabama DT Jesse Williams (87): Showed and adequate anchor against the run, and flashed instincts when recognizing an end-around. Williams also has the quickness to penetrate and disrupt as a pass-rusher. He could get into the first-round conversation.

Alabama LB Nico Johnson (79): He has a thick lower half and displays good pop when tacking on blocks at the point of attack. Johnson's ability to hold up in tight quarters against the run could get him into the later part of Day 2.

Alabama RB Ed Lacy (74): He played with at taped-up ankle, but Lacy showed some lower-body power and better lateral agility than I anticipated. He also finished runs well and churned out yards after contact. Lacy's instincts and vision were also better than expected, and he did a good job picking up pressures form the outside.

Alabama S Robert Lester (69): Has a big frame and long arms, and shows good instincts in run support. And while Lester is a little tight in coverage, he shows the ball skills to make plays when in position and flashed solid recognition skills on a second-half interception in the end zone.

Alabama TE Michael Williams (61): His long, solid frame makes Williams one of the better traditional inline tight ends in the nation, and he did a good job coming off with leverage as a run blocker. Williams also showed some athleticism when opening up and making a tough third-down catch in the first half, and displayed good savvy with his release on a second-half touchdown catch.

Alabama LB C.J. Mosley (No grade): The budding star of the Tide defense, Mosley's athleticism and instincts consistently put him in position to make plays all over the field. He held up well in coverage and recorded an interception, used his hands to keep blockers off his frame when moving laterally, and also showed the ability to bring pressure on the quarterback. He doesn't have a full evaluation, but Mosley is definitely turning heads.

Tennessee WR Justin Hunter (93):This was the third time I've seen Hunter live, and while his frame and potential jump out he's been a bit underwhelming. It could be that he is still recovering from a knee injury suffered early in 2011, but how much longer can that be an excuse for inconsistent play?

I like his athleticism and fluid movement skills, but Hunter had a big drop late in the first half, continuing to have trouble picking up the ball out of cuts, especially in traffic. Hunter did pluck the ball nicely on a deep cross at one point, but overall his play on the field has not matched up with the first-round potential we saw on tape coming into the season.

Tennessee QB Tyler Bray (80): Big mistakes at inopportune times continue to be the problem for Bray, who has a big-time arm and all kinds of physical tools but has problems handling pressure. He was late on the throws that was intercepted by Lester, and while Bray's gunslinger mentality pays off at times he too often forces the ball into traffic. Until he learns to take better care of the ball teams will be turned off by his mistakes.

Tennessee LB Herman Lathers (54): Made a lot of plays and was instinctive and physical when filling downhill. He found ways to get around the ball, and I'm interested to dig into the film on a guy who looks like a possible mid-to-late round value pick.

Tennessee TE Mychal Rivera (30): He's not the biggest tight end, but Rivera showed good fight and played with leverage as a blocker. He also looked athletic as a route-runner, plucking and running with a second-quarter pass that helped set up Tennessee's only touchdown of the game.

Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson (NG): He needs a lot of polish as a route-runner, but Patterson is one of the most explosive playmakers in the nation with the ball in his hands. He explodes out of cuts, is shifty in space and has the extra gear to ruin pursuit angles. He showed all that off on a 45-yard kickoff return in the second quarter.

Patterson also flashed as a receiver, doing a nice job of opening his frame to adjust to a ball on a seam route and catching the ball with two hands. He also continued to show the ability to contribute in the running game, and Patterson clearly belongs in the debate over the most explosive playmaker in the country.

Tennessee DT Daniel McCullers (NG): Did a nice job holding up against double-teams from Warmack and Jones, though McCullers could play with better pad level at times. He came off the field a lot on third down, but he showed good instincts to find the ball and his size and ability to eat up space in the middle make him an intriguing prospect.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SO Warmack is heads and shoulders better than Iupati?

I liked Iupati better but that just me. Mike simply was on beast mode that season. Man playing against boys. In fairness to Warmack, he's almost doing the same but at against much much better competition. Warmack can play center too, and maybe a little tackle in emergency situations. Iupati is not as versatile.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft Blog
DE Jordan showing first-round skill set
October, 19, 2012 2:17PM ET
By Kevin Weidl

Thursday night's Oregon-Arizona State game offered a look at one of the top defensive prospects in the nation, and Ducks DE Dion Jordan (Scouts Inc. grade: 84) definitely stood out in his team's 43-21 trouncing of the Sun Devils.

Dion Jordan's size and athleticism give him plenty of potential.

I gave Jordan (6-foot-6⅛, 239 pounds) a fringe first-round grade during the preseason evaluation process after his length and athleticism impressed me, and he lived up to that against Arizona State. Jordan made his presence felt with five tackles, two sacks and plenty of pressure applied to the quarterback.

He has a thin frame but shows explosive natural power in the upper body, and he did a great job locking out his arms and setting the edge against the run. As a pass-rusher, Jordan showed the ability to rush from a two-point stance or put his hand in the dirt. He used his quickness and length to gain the advantage, getting separation from blockers with his inside arm and displaying the flexibility to bend and get around the corner.

Jordan could add some bulk to his somewhat lean frame, but he also shows the athleticism to hold up in space and play multiple roles along the front seven. He's coming on strong this season and would fit nicely with a defense that utilizes multiple fronts. There will likely be some comparisons to 2012 first-round pick Chandler Jones (Patriots), and Jordan clearly belongs in the first-round mix at this point.

ASU's Sutton one to watch, too
I liked the tape I saw of Arizona State junior DT Will Sutton in preparation for the game, and while Sutton was injured on the second play of the game, he's still a player to keep an eye on.

Sutton (6-2, 271) forced a fumble in Oregon territory on that same play -- one that was recovered by the Sun Devils and led to their only meaningful touchdown of the game -- and it showed flashes of what makes him an intriguing prospect.

He is undersized, but Sutton is a menace on the inside. He anticipates the snap well, has a quick first step and shows explosive hands. Sutton can penetrate and wreak havoc when playing with leverage, has natural instincts for finding and reacting to the ball, and can rush the passer from the inside or outside.

Sutton's tape from the Colorado game shows a little bit of everything, including quick hands and an ability to lean and bend around the corner that is impressive for a 271-pounder. The extent of his knee injury isn't known, but Sutton is turning some heads and is one of the reasons ASU's defense played so well early in the season.

Barner shows speed, but questions remain
Oregon RB Kenjon Barner (51) gashed the Sun Devils for 143 yards and three touchdowns on just 16 carries, showing off his track-star speed and the lateral quickness to put his foot in the ground and accelerate upfield.

He doesn't have a lot of power, but Barner (5-9⅛, 186) displays some natural hands as a receiver. He could get better in terms of adjusting and becoming more fluid in his routes, but Barner still looks like the kind if third-down or change-of-pace back who could help a team late on Day 2 or early on Day 3.

South Carolina DE Taylor underwhelming
I went back to the tape of last week's South Carolina-LSU game, in which the Tigers shredded the Gamecocks for 258 rushing yards, and I didn't see much I liked from South Carolina DE Devin Taylor (55).

Taylor (6-6, 265) looks great on the hoof and has plenty of length, but his lean, high-cut frame raises questions about his ability to anchor against the run. He shows a quick first step at times, but he often comes off the line high, fails to extend his arms and struggles to counter when he doesn't win with his first pass rush move.

His length also seems to work against him at times, causing him to get too far inside against blockers where he does not do a good job of using his hands to disengage and get them off his frame. Taylor was hooked in the run game at times against LSU, causing him to give up outside contain, and it was concerning to see him fold up in the phone booth in a one-on-one situation against a tight end.

Finally, he is not the most fluid athlete and looked stiff at times when moving laterally. I expected to see much more from Taylor based on his frame, but the tape doesn't match up, and at this point, he looks like a Day 3 pick.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Iupati better but that just me. Mike simply was on beast mode that season. Man playing against boys. In fairness to Warmack, he's almost doing the same but at against much much better competition. Warmack can play center too, and maybe a little tackle in emergency situations. Iupati is not as versatile.

If Warmack can play C, lets get that bad boy.... fuck it... 4/5 of our OL made up of first rounders with the 5th(Boone) was once a top 10 talent before he went buckeyed....

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Arizona State junior DT Will Sutton...he could be a steal in the 2nd round.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Warmack can play C, lets get that bad boy.... fuck it... 4/5 of our OL made up of first rounders with the 5th(Boone) was once a top 10 talent before he went buckeyed....

We simply can't. It would be a miracle for him to drop out of the top 10 picks. Ain't no way we're picking that high. I wouldn't change his position nonetheless unless we had to. He's an elite guard and I would prefer to just leave him at that spot. I'm afraid that the Rams will end up drafting him. If we need a G/C type prospect, we can always target someone like Travis Frederick who has experience playing both positions.