• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our secondary did alright IMO. We had no passrush. Manning threw for less than 200 yards. Is there a CB that can stop Cruz? Serious question and no I'm not asking Bingo.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Our secondary did alright IMO. We had no passrush. Manning threw for less than 200 yards. Is there a CB that can stop Cruz? Serious question and no I'm not asking Bingo.

Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr shut him downnn. It's Eli...I keep telling you that.

Hixon was the problem yesterday. Not Cruz. Other than that one catch he made near the sideline on that long comback route on T. Brown's side, he was defended pretty nicely by Carlos Rogers. Eli made Hixon looked like Jerry Rice out there. We need better corners going into 2013. McDonald also needs to pick up his game to some extent.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr shut him downnn. It's Eli...I keep telling you that.

Hixon was the problem yesterday. Not Cruz. Other than that one catch he made near the sideline on that long comback route on T. Brown's side, he was defended pretty nicely by Carlos Rogers. Eli made Hixon looked like Jerry Rice out there. We need better corners going into 2013. McDonald also needs to pick up his game to some extent.

The Dallas game he had 3 drops. He stopped himself.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think the defense overall did fine against the Giants. Turn the ball over 3 times (especially in Niner territory) and points are going to happen.

Offense? Not so much.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former NFL personnel man Russ Lande tweeted that he hasn't found an NFL Scout that thinks Arkansas senior QB Tyler Wilson should be drafted in the first two rounds. Lande notes that this is "mostly due to inconsistent decision making and accuracy," and adds that Wilson, "was outstanding in 2011, so (he) still could rally." The senior Razorback landed in a difficult spot this season, and although his numbers haven't really tailed off, Wilson has suffered two concussions in less than a 12 month time span. His gunslinger style won't appeal to everyone, but we are still quite high on Wilson.

Hah. I HIGHLY doubt he makes it out of the top 10 but if he's anywhere near where we pick I'd be jumping up and down yelling to pull the trigger on him.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so I'll go ahead and add Wilson to my first round wish list for 2013, even though I still think it's highly unlikely for him to drop anywhere near that far.

I'm starting my Tyler Wilson, Jordan Poyer, or Damontre Moore campaign for the 49ers '13 first round pick.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Okay, so I'll go ahead and add Wilson to my first round wish list for 2013, even though I still think it's highly unlikely for him to drop anywhere near that far.

I'm starting my Tyler Wilson, Jordan Poyer, or Damontre Moore campaign for the 49ers '13 first round pick.

Unfortunately, the Niners have the QB version of a cock blocker (Alex) to prevent 'em from landing a smokin' hot franchise QB prospect.

Would've loved Tannehill, but he didn't fall far enough. Might've been a huge mistake passing on Locker. If the Niners could possibly trade up high enough to get a franchise QB prospect, I'd trade the entire draft. I hope Baalke's realistic about the Niners' QB situation.

As far as Wilson's concerned, I'm gonna have to watch more of him. Haven't seen much Arkansas this year. It would be nice to have a QB in the NFC west named Wilson who's actually good though. :)

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft 2013
Commentary
DT Lotulelei now atop draft board
Other players shuffling in the top 10; defenders continue to dominate
Originally Published: October 17, 2012
By Todd McShay | Scouts Inc.

For the second time this season, there is a new player leading my rankings of the top 32 overall prospects for the 2013 draft.

We entered the season with USC QB Matt Barkley ranked No. 1, but questions about his game and an impressive early-season showing from Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones pushed Jones to the top of the board.

Now, after we've had seven weeks to look at the top prospects in the nation, Utah DE Star Lotulelei has moved into the No. 1 spot.

Lotulelei has been consistently dominant this season, and he turned plenty of heads with his standout performance in the Utes' loss to USC. He has clearly separated himself from the rest of the defensive tackle class, and his overall skill set makes him a game-changer on the inside.

Lotulelei is one of 12 defensive linemen in this week's rankings, by far the top position group. On the flip side, only two guards and one running back make the rankings, while there is not a single tight end or center in the first-round mix at this point.

Here's a look at the entire list, with draft-eligible non-seniors noted with an asterisk.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Star Lotulelei DT 6-3 320
Analysis: Lotulelei held steady just outside the top five for the first few weeks of the season, but his dominating performance against USC was too good to ignore. His quickness and power were too much for the Trojans' interior offensive line. He also shows strong hands, nimble feet, the ability to quickly discard blockers, and impressive lateral range.
Previously: 2

2. Jarvis Jones* OLB 6-2 242
Analysis: Jones dominated Missouri in the season opener and has been steady ever since. He's a very good overall athlete and top-notch pass-rusher, has impressive range in both pass coverage and against the run, and can line up in various spots across the formation.
Previously: 1

3. Barkevious Mingo* DE 6-5 240
Analysis: Mingo did not record his first sack of the season until last week's win over Towson, but his potential is through the roof. He has a long frame, an elite first step as a pass-rusher and outstanding speed for his size. He also has great range and closing burst against the run.
Previously: 5

4. Geno Smith QB 6-2¾ 208
Analysis: Smith is in total command of coach Dana Holgorsen's offense, throwing with exceptional timing and anticipation, and his 20 touchdown passes and 83.4 completion percentage speak to that. He is confident in his ability, has good mobility, and his footwork, mechanics and release are all impressive. If Smith keeps this up, he will be in the mix for the No. 1 overall pick.
Previously: 3

5. Matt Barkley QB 6-1⅞ 228
Analysis: Barkley's supporting cast has let him down some early this season, and his decision-making has not been as good as expected. However, he will remain high on the board because of his smarts, accuracy and ability to get the ball out in rhythm and on time. He will be a good fit in a West Coast offense.
Previously: 4

6. Chance Warmack OG 6-2⅜ 325
Analysis: Warmack is agile, athletic and strong, and the rare guard worthy of a top-10 pick. The classic interior tough guy who is also a very smart player, he's the best guard I've evaluated since Steve Hutchinson coming out of Michigan in 2001.
Previously: 6

7. Manti Te'o ILB 6-1 248
Analysis: Te'o is a major reason Notre Dame is holding opponents to just 8.7 points per game. He is strong at the point against the run and delivers solid hits on ball carriers, and he has good range and playmaking skills in underneath coverage. He is impressive in space for a player his size, and his leadership and focus set the tone for his teammates.
Previously: 8

8. Bjoern Werner* DE6-4255
Analysis: Werner's production pushed him up the board early in the season, and he continues to show improved pass-rush skills to go with his ability to set the edge against the run. He is quick and has strong, heavy hands, and can convert speed to power when rushing the passer.
Previously: 9

9. Alec Ogletree* ILB 6-3 237
Analysis: Ogletree made a splash when he returned from suspension and recorded 14 tackles against Tennessee. His instincts are raw, but Ogletree is a freakish athlete who can chase plays from sideline to sideline and shows good potential as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 10

10. Johnathan Hankins* DT6-3335Analysis: Hankins can occupy multiple blockers against the run and won't back down at the point of attack, and will make plays with his effort as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 12

11. Justin Hunter* WR 6-4 205
Analysis: Hunter runs smooth routes, and his lean frame, body control and ball skills have earned some comparisons to Cincinnati Bengals receiver A.J. Green. His overall package makes him the clear-cut No. 1 receiver on the board.
Previously: 11

12. Sam Montgomery* DE 6-4 245
Analysis: Montgomery's production was down early in the season, but he holds the point well against the run and he is a powerful pass-rusher who plays well with good balance and leverage. He's also a tough prospect who plays with a chip on his shoulder.
Previously: 15

13. Jonathan Cooper OG 6-3 320
Analysis: Cooper has good quickness and mobility, explosive power and good feet and balance. He has good awareness in pass protection and plays with an edge overall.
Previously: 14

14. Johnathan Jenkins DT 6-4⅛ 363
Analysis: A massive two-gap nose tackle with a good combination of size, strength and short-area quickness to control the inside and occasionally contribute as a pass-rusher. Jenkins' range is limited, though.
Previously: 7

15. Corey Lemonier* DE 6-4 242
Analysis: Lemonier is far and away the best player on the Auburn defense; opposing offenses pay him extra attention, but he continues to produce. His first step is explosive and he shows impressive closing burst. He also holds up well against the run and plays with a relentless motor.
Previously: 13

16. Sylvester Williams DT 6-2 320
Analysis: Williams needs to be more consistent with his pad level, but he can be a space-eater when he stays low and he flashes the ability to make plays down the line of scrimmage. He also shows effective pass-rush moves at times.
Previously: 16

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
17. Dee Milliner* CB 6-0¾ 197
Analysis: Milliner has solid top-end speed and plenty of range, and he shows a physical edge in run support. He has also displayed good short-area quickness, instincts and feel for routes.
Previously: 17

18. Bennie Logan* DT 6-3 290
Analysis: Logan is tough to block one-on-one in the run game, has great range and manhandles ball carriers. He's also an impressive natural athlete with good upside as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 18

19. Dallas Thomas OT 6-5⅛ 297
Analysis: Thomas has the versatility to line up at tackle or guard, and the size and strength to be effective in tight quarters. He needs to improve his overall awareness, though.
Previously: 19

20. Robert Woods* WR 6-1 190
Analysis: Woods lacks elite size, but is willing to work the middle of the field, and is an effective and decisive runner after the catch. A sudden athlete who explodes off the line, Woods can eat up a defender's cushion and tracks the ball well down the field.
Previously: 20

21. Johnthan Banks CB 6-2⅛ 185
Analysis: A tall corner with good length, Banks has quick feet and is at his best in press coverage. He also flashes good ball skills and some punt-return ability, and he is active and willing in run support.
Previously: 21

22. Luke Joeckel* OT 6-5¾ 306
Analysis: Joeckel is a technically sound run-blocker who takes good angles and would fit nicely in a zone-blocking scheme. He has quick feet, good balance and the ability to recover in pass protection.
Previously: 22

23. Kawann Short DT 6-3⅛ 325
Analysis: Short is playing with more consistency, effort and explosiveness in 2012, disrupting offenses from the interior and giving himself a chance to be in the first-round mix.
Previously: 23

24. Logan Thomas* QB6-5254Analysis: Thomas continues to flash the strong arm and mobility that earned him a mid-first round grade entering the season, but his footwork and accuracy have been inconsistent to this point. His physical tools and high ceiling keep him in the first-round mix, however. Previously: 24

25. Ricky Wagner OT 6-6¼ 317
Analysis: Wagner has the ability to lock out against defenders when protecting the edge, and is big and strong enough to anchor against the bull rush. He takes good angles to the second level in the run game, and has the tools to become an effective zone blocker.
Previously: 25

26. Keenan Allen* WR 6-3 206
Analysis: Allen has a good combination of size and speed, and excellent hands and body control. He lacks the elite speed to run by defenders at the next level, but his size and strength allow him to win one-on-one battles down the field.
Previously: 28

27. Sheldon Richardson DT 6-2⅞ 290
Analysis: Richardson is Missouri's best defensive player and continues to show effort as his team struggles overall. He can penetrate with a quick first step and has excellent straight-line speed, good range and shows power as a bull-rusher.
Previously: NR

28. Marcus Lattimore* RB 6-0 232
Analysis: Lattimore runs hard and shows good instincts, and he is light on his feet and changes direction quickly. He consistently runs behind his pads, and it will be interesting to see how his surgically repaired knee holds up in the second half of the season.
Previously: 26

29. Shawn Williams S 6-0 219
Analysis: Williams reads his keys and diagnoses plays quickly, and he understands leverage and angles in coverage. He also has the size and aggressiveness to be a force in run support.
Previously: 27

30. Jesse Williams DT 6-3½ 320
Analysis: Williams has good initial quickness and pop, and has the savvy and strength to disengage from blockers. He's disruptive if not productive as a pass-rusher, and gives good effort to make some plays outside the box against the run.
Previously: 29

31. Tony Jefferson* S 5-11 210
Analysis: Jefferson has come on strong in the first half of the season. He can line up at free safety and also cover slot receivers, and he has good athletic ability for his size. He is also a proven playmaker in the back end with seven career interceptions.

32. Tyler Wilson QB 6-1⅞ 210
Analysis: Wilson has been banged up this season, but his toughness is impressive. He also has above-average accuracy, underrated pocket mobility and is a mentally tough leader.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17. Dee Milliner* CB 6-0¾ 197
Analysis: Milliner has solid top-end speed and plenty of range, and he shows a physical edge in run support. He has also displayed good short-area quickness, instincts and feel for routes.
Previously: 17

18. Bennie Logan* DT 6-3 290
Analysis: Logan is tough to block one-on-one in the run game, has great range and manhandles ball carriers. He's also an impressive natural athlete with good upside as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 18

19. Dallas Thomas OT 6-5⅛ 297
Analysis: Thomas has the versatility to line up at tackle or guard, and the size and strength to be effective in tight quarters. He needs to improve his overall awareness, though.
Previously: 19

20. Robert Woods* WR 6-1 190
Analysis: Woods lacks elite size, but is willing to work the middle of the field, and is an effective and decisive runner after the catch. A sudden athlete who explodes off the line, Woods can eat up a defender's cushion and tracks the ball well down the field.
Previously: 20

21. Johnthan Banks CB 6-2⅛ 185
Analysis: A tall corner with good length, Banks has quick feet and is at his best in press coverage. He also flashes good ball skills and some punt-return ability, and he is active and willing in run support.
Previously: 21

22. Luke Joeckel* OT 6-5¾ 306
Analysis: Joeckel is a technically sound run-blocker who takes good angles and would fit nicely in a zone-blocking scheme. He has quick feet, good balance and the ability to recover in pass protection.
Previously: 22

23. Kawann Short DT 6-3⅛ 325
Analysis: Short is playing with more consistency, effort and explosiveness in 2012, disrupting offenses from the interior and giving himself a chance to be in the first-round mix.
Previously: 23

24. Logan Thomas* QB6-5254Analysis: Thomas continues to flash the strong arm and mobility that earned him a mid-first round grade entering the season, but his footwork and accuracy have been inconsistent to this point. His physical tools and high ceiling keep him in the first-round mix, however. Previously: 24

25. Ricky Wagner OT 6-6¼ 317
Analysis: Wagner has the ability to lock out against defenders when protecting the edge, and is big and strong enough to anchor against the bull rush. He takes good angles to the second level in the run game, and has the tools to become an effective zone blocker.
Previously: 25

26. Keenan Allen* WR 6-3 206
Analysis: Allen has a good combination of size and speed, and excellent hands and body control. He lacks the elite speed to run by defenders at the next level, but his size and strength allow him to win one-on-one battles down the field.
Previously: 28

27. Sheldon Richardson DT 6-2⅞ 290
Analysis: Richardson is Missouri's best defensive player and continues to show effort as his team struggles overall. He can penetrate with a quick first step and has excellent straight-line speed, good range and shows power as a bull-rusher.

28. Marcus Lattimore* RB 6-0 232
Analysis: Lattimore runs hard and shows good instincts, and he is light on his feet and changes direction quickly. He consistently runs behind his pads, and it will be interesting to see how his surgically repaired knee holds up in the second half of the season.
Previously: 26

29. Shawn Williams S 6-0 219
Analysis: Williams reads his keys and diagnoses plays quickly, and he understands leverage and angles in coverage. He also has the size and aggressiveness to be a force in run support.

30. Jesse Williams DT 6-3½ 320
Analysis: Williams has good initial quickness and pop, and has the savvy and strength to disengage from blockers. He's disruptive if not productive as a pass-rusher, and gives good effort to make some plays outside the box against the run.
Previously: 29

31. Tony Jefferson* S 5-11 210
Analysis: Jefferson has come on strong in the first half of the season. He can line up at free safety and also cover slot receivers, and he has good athletic ability for his size. He is also a proven playmaker in the back end with seven career interceptions.

32. Tyler Wilson QB 6-1⅞ 210
Analysis: Wilson has been banged up this season, but his toughness is impressive. He also has above-average accuracy, underrated pocket mobility and is a mentally tough leader.

Do they have Shawn Williams as a fs or ss? I like him, though I haven't seen him cover receivers in the slot. I see Tony Jefferson gaining steam too, nice.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com

Are these NTs like 3-4 NTs? if so, 2 in the top ten??? wow, when does that happen.

No way in hell we take Eric Reid over T.J. McDonald or Tony Jefferson.

I'm really started jump on Clyde's folks bandwagon, Jordan Poyer. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being the 1st or 2nd cb off the board. He's looking like a true shutdown cb, I'd love for us to be able to make a move for him, sign Goldson to play ss and move Culliver to fs.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
personally my favorite player in the draft is Manti Te'o

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite player in the draft is Manti Te'o, but the Niners don't need another MLB.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My favorite player in the draft is Manti Te'o, but the Niners don't need another MLB.

He's known amongst 9er fans and the draft world. Everyone seems to like him but no one really talks about him. Because of that now I am saying that he is underrated by SportsHoopla fans. But the dude is known and gets lots of respect elsewhere. He's certainly going to make a team very happy whoever is lucky enough to snatch him.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LSU vs. A&M

Great first half. Mingo is messing up...dude is so quick with his jump that I counted 3 offsides calls on him alone. He's going to get an earful from his coach during the halftime speech.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Golden Tate has a brother that plays for Vanderbilt. His name is Wesley Tate, I think. Does anyone know anything about him?

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's known amongst 9er fans and the draft world. Everyone seems to like him but no one really talks about him. Because of that now I am saying that he is underrated by SportsHoopla fans. But the dude is known and gets lots of respect elsewhere. He's certainly going to make a team very happy whoever is lucky enough to snatch him.

I'm hoping that he falls far enough in the draft that the Bears will be able to get him to replace Urlacher. That was one thing that I wish they would have addressed last year and didn't.