• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Jarvis Jones* OLB 6-2 242
Analysis: Jones dominated Missouri in the season opener and has been steady ever since. He's a very good overall athlete and top-notch pass-rusher, has impressive range in both pass coverage and against the run, and can line up in various spots across the formation.
Previously: 1

2. Star Lotulelei DT 6-3 320
Analysis: Lotulelei held steady just outside the top five for the first few weeks of the season, but his dominating performance against USC was too good to ignore. His quickness and power were too much for the Trojans' interior offensive line. He also shows strong hands, nimble feet, the ability to quickly discard blockers and impressive lateral range. Lotulelei continues to separate himself from the rest of the defensive tackle class.
Previously: 6

3. Geno Smith QB 6-2¾ 208
Analysis: Smith is in total command of coach Dana Holgorsen's offense, throwing with exceptional timing and anticipation, and his 20 touchdown passes and 83.4 completion percentage speak to that. He is confident in his ability, has good mobility, and his footwork, mechanics and release are all impressive. If Smith keeps this up he will be in the mix for the No. 1 overall pick.
Previously: 2

4. Matt Barkley QB 6-1⅞ 228
Analysis: Barkley's supporting cast has let him down some early this season, and his decision-making has not been as good as expected. However, he will remain high on the board because of his smarts, accuracy and ability to get the ball out in rhythm and on time. He will be a good fit in a West Coast offense.
Previously: 3

5. Barkevious Mingo* DE 6-5 240
Analysis: Mingo did not record his first sack of the season until last week's win over Towson, but his potential is through the roof. He has a long frame, an elite first step as a pass-rusher and outstanding speed for his size. He also has great range and closing burst against the run.
Previously: 5

6. Chance Warmack OG 6-2⅜ 325
Analysis: Warmack is as good as any guard prospect I've ever evaluated, dating back to Steve Hutchinson coming out of Michigan in 2001. Warmack is agile, athletic and strong, and the rare guard worthy of a top-10 pick. The classic interior tough guy who is also a very smart player.
Previously: 4

7. Johnathan Jenkins DT 6-4⅛ 363
Analysis: A massive two-gap nose tackle with a good combination of size, strength and short-area quickness to control the inside and occasionally contribute as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 7

8. Manti Te'o ILB 6-1 248
Analysis: Te'o is the heart of a Notre Dame defense that is among the best in the nation. He's shown leadership and focus this season, is strong at the point of attack against the run and can deliver heavy blows on ball carriers. Te'o also has good range and playmaking skills in underneath coverage.
Previously: 8

9. Bjoern Werner* DE 6-4 255
Analysis: Werner has risen quickly thanks to his outstanding production. He's tied for second nationally with 6.5 sacks and sets the edge well against the run, thanks in large part to his quick, heavy hands and good quickness. He shows the ability to convert speed to power as a pass-rusher, and is quickly moving into the mid-first-round area.
Previously: 9

10. Alec Ogletree* ILB 6-3 237
Analysis: Ogletree made his season debut against Tennessee and was all over the field, recording 14 tackles and always ending up around the ball. He continues to stand out and, while his instincts are raw, he has freakish athleticism, sideline-to-sideline range and good potential as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 10

11. Justin Hunter* WR 6-4 205
Analysis: Hunter is continuing to progress after a torn ACL ended his 2011 season early. He runs smooth routes, and his lean frame, body control and ball skills have earned some comparisons to Cincinnati Bengals receiver A.J. Green.
Previously: 12

12. Johnathan Hankins* DT 6-3 335
Analysis: Hankins can occupy multiple blockers against the run and won't back down at the point of attack, and will make plays with his effort as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 13

13. Corey Lemonier* DE 6-4 242
Analysis: Lemonier is far and away the best player on the Auburn defense; opposing offenses pay him extra attention, but he continues to produce. His first step is explosive and he shows impressive closing burst. He also holds up well against the run and plays with a relentless motor. Previously: 14

14. Jonathan Cooper OG 6-3 320
Analysis: Cooper has good quickness and mobility, explosive power and good feet and balance. He has good awareness in pass protection and plays with an edge overall.
Previously: 15

15. Sam Montgomery* DE 6-4 245
Analysis: Montgomery holds the point well against the run, and he is a powerful pass-rusher who plays well with good balance and leverage. He's also a tough prospect who plays with a chip on his shoulder.
Previously: 16

16. Sylvester Williams DT 6-2 320
Analysis: Williams needs to be more consistent with his pad level, but he can be a space-eater when he stays low and he flashes the ability to make plays down the line of scrimmage. Also shows effective pass-rush moves at times.
Previously: 17

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
17. Dee Milliner* CB 6-0¾ 197
Analysis: Milliner has solid top-end speed and plenty of range, and he shows a physical edge in run support. He has also displayed good short-area quickness, instincts and feel for routes.
Previously: 11

18. Bennie Logan* DT6-3 290
Analysis: Logan is tough to block one-on-one in the run game, has great range and manhandles ball carriers. He's also an impressive natural athlete with good upside as a pass-rusher.
Previously: 21

19. Dallas Thomas OT 6-5⅛ 297
Analysis: Thomas needs to improve his overall awareness, but he has good size, is strong playing in tight quarters and has the versatility to line up at tackle or guard.
Previously: 22

20. Robert Woods* WR 6-1 190
Analysis: Woods lacks elite size, but is willing to work the middle of the field, and is an effective and decisive runner after the catch. A sudden athlete who explodes off the line, Woods can eat up a defender's cushion and tracks the ball well down the field.
Previously: 20

21. Johnthan Banks CB 6-2⅛ 185
Analysis: A tall corner with good length, Banks has quick feet and is at his best in press coverage. He also flashes good ball skills and some punt-return ability, and he is active and willing in run support.
Previously: 31

22. Luke Joeckel* OT 6-5¾ 306
Analysis: Joeckel is a technically sound run-blocker who takes good angles and would fit nicely in a zone-blocking scheme. He has quick feet, good balance and the ability to recover in pass protection.
Previously: 24

23. Kawann Short DT 6-3⅛ 325
Analysis: Short is playing with more consistency, effort and explosiveness in 2012, disrupting offenses from the interior and giving himself a chance to be in the first-round mix.
Previously: 18

24. Logan Thomas* QB 6-5 254
Analysis: Thomas has not played up to expectations this season. He has impressive physical tools, but his footwork and accuracy have been suspect early on, and he has not been consistent enough in most areas. Previously: 23

25. Ricky Wagner OT 6-6¼ 317
Analysis: Wagner has the ability to lock out against defenders when protecting the edge, and is big and strong enough to anchor against the bull rush. He takes good angles to the second level in the run game, and has the tools to become an effective zone blocker.
Previously: 16

26. Marcus Lattimore* RB 6-0 232
Analysis: Lattimore has looked as good as could be expected coming off a torn ACL that ended his 2011 season, running hard and showing good instincts. He is light on his feet, changes direction quickly and consistently runs behind his pads. This week he faces his biggest test so far, against a loaded Georgia defense with multiple NFL prospects at all three levels. Previously: 19

27. Shawn Williams S 6-0 219
Analysis: Williams reads his keys and diagnoses plays quickly, and he understands leverage and angles in coverage. He also has the size and aggressiveness to be a force in run support.
Previously: 26

28. Keenan Allen* WR 6-3 206
Analysis: Allen has a good combination of size and speed, and excellent hands and body control. He lacks the elite speed to run by defenders at the next level, but his size and strength allow him to win one-on-one battles down the field.
Previously: 30

29. Jesse Williams DT 6-3½ 320
Analysis: Williams has good initial quickness and pop, and has the savvy and strength to disengage from blockers. He's disruptive if not productive as a pass-rusher, and gives good effort to make some plays outside the box against the run.
Previously: 29

30. Matt Elam* S 5-10 207
Analysis: Elam was impressive in Florida's win over LSU, setting the tone with a bit hit early and causing a fumble on a hustle play. He closes in a flash, is solid in coverage and also contributes on special teams.
Previously: NR

31. Shariff Floyd* DT 6-3 298
Analysis: Floyd doesn't have ideal size for a defensive tackle, but he's versatile enough to line up at end and shows quick hands, good lateral mobility and the power to walk blockers back to the quarterback.
Previously: NR

32. Tyler Wilson QB 6-1⅞ 210
Analysis: Wilson has been banged up this season, but his toughness is impressive. He also has above-average accuracy, underrated pocket mobility and is a mentally tough leader.
Previously: 27

Out of the rankings: Michigan State DE William Gholston, West Virginia WR Tavon Austin

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, I see people are starting to jump on Ogletree bandwagon.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahh, I see people are starting to jump on Ogletree bandwagon.

What do you think of Logan and Floyd as 3-4 DEs?

Also which of the two would you rather have if you had a choice... Dion Jordan, or Michael Buchanan?

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of Logan and Floyd as 3-4 DEs?

Also which of the two would you rather have if you had a choice... Dion Jordan, or Michael Buchanan?

I don't have a strong opinion on Floyd or Logan yet.

As for Jordan and Buchanan, I think they're both vastly overrated on where they are projected to go. Jordan is gonna look real good in short at the combine and that should pump up his stock, but I don't like either that much at this point. Between the two though I'd take Jordan if I have to pick.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

As for Jordan and Buchanan, I think they're both vastly overrated on where they are projected to go. Jordan is gonna look real good in short at the combine and that should pump up his stock, but I don't like either that much at this point. Between the two though I'd take Jordan if I have to pick.

I feel the same way you do with regard to Floyd and Logan. As far as Buchanan and Jordan I haven't seen too much of them in 2012 to form an opinion, which is why I was asking you. I remember watching an Illinois game earlier this year in which they were getting beat badly in the 3rd quarter and no one on that defense stood out. I changed the channel before it got to the fourt quarter. I really need to do more research on those two before the season concludes.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shawn Zobel:

I went back and watched the WVU-Texas game this morning. Texas lost that game with their lack of offense at the end of the 4th

Regarding Geno Smith. I counted two, maybe three real NFL throws in the game. The run game won the Mountaineers the game, not Smith's arm

Personally, right now I would still find it hard to take Geno Smith in the Top 50. Lot more work left to do, only in early stages of process

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Shawn Zobel:

I went back and watched the WVU-Texas game this morning. Texas lost that game with their lack of offense at the end of the 4th

Regarding Geno Smith. I counted two, maybe three real NFL throws in the game. The run game won the Mountaineers the game, not Smith's arm

Personally, right now I would still find it hard to take Geno Smith in the Top 50. Lot more work left to do, only in early stages of process

I like Geno Smith as well, but I share those sentiments. I feel much more at ease with Matt Barkley in terms of him becoming that elite / franchise QB one would need to resurrect an organization.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft Blog

Nickel Package: Some top-five scenarios
October, 11, 2012 12:51PM ET
By Todd McShay

The NFL season is five weeks old, long enough to get a feel for which teams are likely to be picking near the top of the first round in the 2013 draft and what personnel areas they need to address.

With that in mind, this week's Nickel Package looks at the bottom five teams in the NFL and makes some early matches between their needs and the prospects near the top of our draft board at Scouts Inc.

This is by no means a standard mock draft. It's more of a twist on our annual scenario-based mock that appears in the final days before each NFL draft and is a useful exercise as teams' strengths and weaknesses become apparent and top prospects solidify their standing.

The order you see here is a reversal of the bottom five teams in ESPN.com's Week 6 Power Rankings, in which the Browns were deemed the No. 32 team in the league.

Geno Smith is the No. 1 quarterback on the board, but he may not be the No.

1 pick.1. Cleveland Browns (Record: 0-5)
I wasn't terribly high on Browns rookie QB Brandon Weeden entering the 2012 draft, but Weeden deserves a shot. Unless Cleveland has a significantly higher grade on West Virginia's Geno Smith or USC's Matt Barkley than it did on Weeden, addressing one of the many other needs seems like a better idea.

Wide receiver is the Browns' biggest need, but as much as I like Tennessee WR Justin Hunter, there are some question marks in his game I cannot overlook. A wideout prospect has to be an exception-to-the-rule player (A.J. Green or Julio Jones, for example) to be picked this high, and Hunter is not quite there. In fact, if the Browns end up anywhere in the top five, there is not likely to be a receiver worth the pick.

At that point, it comes down to the player the Browns like best along the defensive front seven. The three options would be Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones, LSU DE Barkevious Mingo and Utah DT Star Lotulelei.

Maybe Jones could become Cleveland's version of Von Miller. While Jones might not be a traditional fit as a 4-3 outside linebacker, he is a great pass-rusher with versatility, instincts and a great motor. He is not quite as talented as Miller, but he is in the same mold. Durability could play a role in where Jones is ultimately drafted.

Mingo is a great athlete who is still developing as a player, but he has a rare combination of length, speed and athleticism. He could be a good fit as a 4-3 end if he fills out his frame.

Lotulelei has vaulted to the top of the defensive tackle board in recent weeks, and his outstanding combination of size and mobility would be attractive. He has natural initial power, and while Lotulelei could improve his lower-body strength, he is disruptive against the run and as a pass-rusher.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4)
There will likely be some interesting talks within the organization about the future of second-year QB Blaine Gabbert, who struggled mightily as a rookie but appears to have made some progress early this season. I don't think it's time to cut bait on Gabbert, but who knows what might happen if the Jags come on the clock with Smith and/or Barkley still on the board.

If Jacksonville doesn't go with a quarterback, the decision could come down to which pass-rusher they like more: Jones or Mingo. The Jags rarely waver from their philosophy of drafting consistent, high-character players, and taking one of those two might not be a lock. Given that they rank 29th in rushing defense and 32nd in sacks, their focus would certainly be on the best available front-seven defender, which puts Lotulelei in the mix.

3. Kansas City Chiefs (1-4)
It seems the time has come for the Chiefs to turn the page on Matt Cassel, and they should take advantage of the fact that Smith and/or Barkley would likely be available in this scenario.

This year's top two don't grade out as highly as Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III did last season, but both bring a lot to the table; top-shelf quarterbacks never last long on draft day.

Smith recently moved ahead of Barkley on my board, and he has shown better pocket mobility and accuracy than Barkley this season. Smith could get bigger and stronger, though, and he needs to show the kind of consistency against the blitz and feel for pressure that are among Barkley's strengths.

4. Oakland Raiders (1-3)
Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie was working in Green Bay when Oakland traded for Carson Palmer in October 2011, so McKenzie is not married to Palmer in any way. You have to think the Raiders would strongly consider one of the top two quarterbacks if either is available.

If they go in another direction, a pass-rusher makes sense for a team that has only three sacks in 2012. There is talk Oakland would like to diversify its defense and become more multiple in terms of fronts, and Jones or Mingo would certainly help in that regard.

5. Tennessee Titans (1-4)
The Titans sit 28th in run defense and 29th in sacks, so a deep defensive line class would benefit them.

Lotulelei is the most complete tackle in the class, with his ability to penetrate and disrupt, hold ground against the run and collapse the pocket from the interior. He could be off the board, though, which would leave more traditional run-stuffers such as Georgia's Johnathan Jenkins and Ohio State's Johnathan Hankins as options.

Alternately, the top remaining pass-rusher on the board could help the Titans, whether that's Jones, Mingo or someone like Florida State's Bjoern Werner or Auburn's Corey Lemonier.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A LOT of flashy players atop the 2014 draft it looks like - especially at DE. Jadeveon Clowney, Aaron Lynch, and Stephon Tuitt.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd trade everything for Jadeveon. I've never been so high on a player since Suh.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowney needs to got to a 4-3 team. He's a prototype in that scheme. It'd be a shame for him not to go to one IMO.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Deja vus! People said the same about Aldon. Looked how that panned out.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that have to do with anything? No one's saying Clowney would be horrible in a 3-4.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Bruce Feldman:

Texas DE Jackson Jeffcoat sustained a right pectoral muscle rupture in OU game, will undergo surgery. Out for season, per UT.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

I have a preliminary opinion of Floyd. Let's just say I like him, but I liked Jerel Worthy more last year.

His teammate Dominique Easley is a really interesting prospect for me. He might be able to be a penetrating DE in a 3-4. He's a little shorter than I'd like at 6'2, but he could make up for that if he has long arms. he's on my radar, but I'm not sure about him yet.

Bruce Feldman:

Texas DE Jackson Jeffcoat sustained a right pectoral muscle rupture in OU game, will undergo surgery. Out for season, per UT.

Well, look like we can scratch him off the draft board. He'll go back.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a preliminary opinion of Floyd. Let's just say I like him, but I liked Jerel Worthy more last year.

His teammate Dominique Easley is a really interesting prospect for me. He might be able to be a penetrating DE in a 3-4. He's a little shorter than I'd like at 6'2, but he could make up for that if he has long arms. he's on my radar, but I'm not sure about him yet.

Well, look like we can scratch him off the draft board. He'll go back.

I liked Okafor better anyway.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After witnessing that pounding yesterday, it is clear to me that our secondary is not as good as it needs to be. IMO T. Brown is our best corner, and he too has his deficiencies against bigger receiver. He has struggled against Nicks since last year (1st regular season game). However, I do like him a lot and I think we need to address the CB position early next year. Rogers is only getting older and is more likely to show signs of slowling down in 2013. So on that note, I would be happy if we took that route:

2013 NFL Mock Draft: Matt Barkley and Falling 1st-Round Prospects | Bleacher Report

I'm okay with the player, he's my dude, but I would have much preferred to go with David Amerson in that scenario.