• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I've been looking at Tony Jefferson, the more I like him.

Tony Jefferson 2011-2012 - YouTube

He's started off this season pretty solid as far as tackles go, he has no picks or passes defended due to qb's staying way from him. He could be a option at fs.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The more I've been looking at Tony Jefferson, the more I like him.

Tony Jefferson 2011-2012 - YouTube

He's started off this season pretty solid as far as tackles go, he has no picks or passes defended due to qb's staying way from him. He could be a option at fs.

If Amerson drops that low I would snatch him in a heartbeat to play corner, defending on who's the better safety between he and Culliver, then that person would become our starting safety.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't trust anyone who plays for UCLA. It's not exactly objective of me, but I can't get over it.

I like him, but I don't love him. Still want to watch him some more. I was just saying that he's the type of player that I believe Harbaugh would really like on his team strictly from a football standpoint.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Amerson drops that low I would snatch him in a heartbeat to play corner, defending on who's the better safety between he and Culliver, then that person would become our starting safety.

Now that would be the move. I just don't know how Amerson could drop that low (assuming we pick in the 30's)? The same should be said for Banks too. I also am looking for us to be in the market for the Honeybadger (if he declares).

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that would be the move. I just don't know how Amerson could drop that low (assuming we pick in the 30's)? The same should be said for Banks too. I also am looking for us to be in the market for the Honeybadger (if he declares).

It's looking more and more likely Tyrann is going back to school.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost half way through the season, and here's my top 5 wish list for our first round pick. Obviously I'm just listing the realistic options at this point.

- Jordan Poyer
- Damontre Moore
- Aaron Dobson
- Tavon Austin
- Johnthan Banks

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we land any of these 5 players with our pick. I'm sure most people won't agree with this, though.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost half way through the season, and here's my top 5 wish list for our first round pick. Obviously I'm just listing the realistic options at this point.

- Jordan Poyer
- Damontre Moore
- Aaron Dobson
- Tavon Austin
- Johnthan Banks

I would be absolutely ecstatic if we land any of these 5 players with our pick. I'm sure most people won't agree with this, though.

Haven't seen much of him but he looked explosive yesterday. Doubt we go WR in the 1st again, though.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen much of him but he looked explosive yesterday. Doubt we go WR in the 1st again, though.

I don't see why not. Randy Moss and Ted Ginn are most likely gone after this year. Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams are FAs in 2014. Michael Crabtree is a FA in 2015.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why not. Randy Moss and Ted Ginn are most likely gone after this year. Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams are FAs in 2014. Michael Crabtree is a FA in 2015.

I think they'd be more likely to draft later round since they have time to develop them. I think D-line or OLB would be more likely, from the way things look now. Assuming equal value, of course.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He'd be more than just going wr. He'd be a replacement for Ginn on pr and kr, as well as being another explosive playmaker in the slot.

We would go into next season with Crabtree, Manningham, Jenkins, Williams and Austin as the wr core. EXPLOSIVE!!!!

Tavon Awesome (Tavon Austin Junior Highlights) - YouTube

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

- Jordan Poyer
- Damontre Moore
- Aaron Dobson
- Tavon Austin
- Johnthan Banks

Based on your list, these are the only two players (late 1st round) I would be very happy about if they were to become 9ers.

My top 5 wish list at 32:

-David Amerson
-Cordarrelle Patterson
-Tavon Austin
-Jonathan Banks
-Jonathan Jenkins (or the top rated NT available) *

I put an asterisk there b/c one, I am willing to wait until the 2nd round to grab a NT, but most importantly that asterisk is there for Justin Hunter. A lot of people think that Hunter will be a top 10 / 15 pick, but I disagree - I think he'll slide to the late first. Of course things can absolutely change come April, but right now I have Hunter as a late 1st round pick.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hunter would have to run a 4.6ish forty or get hurt to drop to the late first round area.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hunter would have to run a 4.6ish forty or get hurt to drop to the late first round area.

Not really, he could run a solid 4.4 and still drop. Teams are looking for the next JPP, Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Justin Smith, Von Miller, Bruce Irvin, Justin Houston, etc. This will remain as every teams' priorities in order to stop guys like Rodgers, Brees, etc. Next on the list of priorities for all the teams is...well, there are too many Aldon Smith and JPPs lurking around trying to hurt their franchise QB - so they counteract by getting great pass blockers. That's why guys like Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Anthony Davis, Gabe Carimi have been drafted higher than they should have been and yet, their draft status is not labeled as "reaches". This year we're going to see a lot of pass rushers and pass blockers go in the early to mid 1st round...pushing someone like Justin Hunter to the mid / late first round. I see it already. Hunter is not the next AJ Green or Julio Jones - he's not a "must have" / "rare" WR talent. In terms of overall impact, Tavon Austin will bring more to the table and be more of an impact on a given game than someone like Hunter.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, he could run a solid 4.4 and still drop. Teams are looking for the next JPP, Aldon Smith, JJ Watt, Justin Smith, Von Miller, Bruce Irvin, Justin Houston, etc. This will remain as every teams' priorities in order to stop guys like Rodgers, Brees, etc. Next on the list of priorities for all the teams is...well, there are too many Aldon Smith and JPPs lurking around trying to hurt their franchise QB - so they counteract by getting great pass blockers. That's why guys like Jason Smith, Eugene Monroe, Anthony Davis, Gabe Carimi have been drafted higher than they should have been and yet, their draft status is not labeled as "reaches". This year we're going to see a lot of pass rushers and pass blockers go in the early to mid 1st round...pushing someone like Justin Hunter to the mid / late first round. I see it already. Hunter is not the next AJ Green or Julio Jones - he's not a "must have" / "rare" WR talent. In terms of overall impact, Tavon Austin will bring more to the table and be more of an impact on a given game than someone like Hunter.

I don't get this. Are you saying that no skill positions players will go in the to 20 or so picks this year? It's all gonna be QBs, OL, and pass-rushers?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Nope. Nowhere in my comment did I use absolutes. All I'm saying is there's a chance that we might witness a 2008 draft situation. Not saying no WRs are going to land in the first round, because that will be extremely rare. All I'm saying is when WRs are selected, it will occur in the mid to late first round.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because there was no Justin Hunter in the 2008 draft class. I agree that he's not on Green's or Jones' level as a prospect, but he's a very, very good one.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's because there was no Justin Hunter in the 2008 draft class. I agree that he's not on Green's or Jones' level as a prospect, but he's a very, very good one.

Well, if you agree that Hunter is not as good as Green/Jones, then he's a step below them in terms of talent, right? I think we already have someone a step below Green/Jones in Michael Crabtree.

Why trade up for another Michael Crabtree, that's all I'm saying. I'd rather stay put and use that pick on Patterson or Austin. Hunter is not that much better than Patterson or Austin. As a matter of fact, because of their pure rare athletic abilities and speed, coach Harbaugh would be able to do more with Patterson/Austin in his style of offense then he could with Hunter. This is why I'd rather stay put and target those two guys than trade up for Hunter (another Crabtree in terms of impact he brings to the table).

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't about being a step below. It is about playing style. Hunter is a different animal from Crabtree and he fills a need that we have in our WR core: A tall blazing fast big play threat.

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you agree that Hunter is not as good as Green/Jones, then he's a step below them in terms of talent, right? I think we already have someone a step below Green/Jones in Michael Crabtree.

Why trade up for another Michael Crabtree, that's all I'm saying. I'd rather stay put and use that pick on Patterson or Austin. Hunter is not that much better than Patterson or Austin. As a matter of fact, because of their pure rare athletic abilities and speed, coach Harbaugh would be able to do more with Patterson/Austin in his style of offense then he could with Hunter. This is why I'd rather stay put and target those two guys than trade up for Hunter (another Crabtree in terms of impact he brings to the table).

Crabtree is a possession receiver. Hunter is more of a deep threat, and a better all-around receiver prospect than what Crabtree was.