• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
On a positive note, that mock has Warmack going 19th and Cooper going 24th! Both would be ridiculous steals. If Cooper is there art 20, it would be a huge mistake to not trade up & nab him. He would immediatley upgrade the C spot.

And Hankins & Hunter still on the board in the 2nd? Me likey.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If the Niners sign a CB (like Nnamdi), priority #1 needs to be getting an extra first rounder in 2014 IMO. There is some crazy talent at the top of the 1st round next season IMO, and Justin Smith's contract will be up (will he have anything left?). Anthony Johnon & Louis Nix could be within reach w/ an extra 1st. And there are some WRs who are better than anything in this class.

I say trade one of the top 2 picks for a first next season and change.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a positive note, that mock has Warmack going 19th and Cooper going 24th! Both would be ridiculous steals. If Cooper is there art 20, it would be a huge mistake to not trade up & nab him. He would immediatley upgrade the C spot.

And Hankins & Hunter still on the board in the 2nd? Me likey.

Its also interesting that he has Nassib going at #8 to the Bills. I had heard 2nd round to the Bills (with Marrone's familiarity with him), but this particular site has had Nassib way up there (at least ranking wise) for awhile.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
From rotoworld:

Gil Brandt says Arkansas-Pine Bluff OL Terron Armstead is "versatile enough to contribute at TE or DE."
Armstead is a super athletic offensive tackle who more than held his own at Shrine week and the Senior Bowl. We buy the tight end talk, since Nate Solder was used similarly in the early stages of his career, mainly as a third offensive tackle that must be accounted for. We think Armstead will be a top-50 selection.

Well, crap.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man I thought nobody would be posting this late. Are you always up this late? Or just FA insomnia time?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm usually up really late these days. I have an odd schedule.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
31. San Francisco 49ers: Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn, Junior: Aldon Smith seemed to wear down in his first full season as a starter and was not as effective once Justin Smith was injured. Lemonier would give the 49ers another edge pass rusher to take pressure of Smith to allow him to stay fresh and be consistently dominant.

like the idea of adding an edge rusher, doesn't need to be this particular guy, but pressure helps everyone else.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Found this mock today. It's a little goofy, but it's new.

2013 NFL Mock Draft: Post free agency mock - Bleeding Green Nation

Still no Hankins nor Carradine in the first. People are seriously sleeping on these guys. They do, however, have Reid going to the Packers, which would be lame.

No Eifert in the 1st is a joke, especially considering they have Ertz going 31st.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That is probably the worse mock draft that I've seen to date. Wow.

It's pretty bad. It's not the only mock I've seen without Kawann Short in the first round though. That's insane IMO. If I were running a 4-3, he would be VERY high on lmy list.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Now that the draft is looking a little more clear, here's a list of some of my favourite prospects for the 3rd round & later (not including WRs because the Niners already have 5 or else I'd include Kenny Stills):

Tyler Bray (doubt he's there though).
Trevardo Williams. VASTLY underrated. People are talking 4th-5th for him.
Terron Armstead. I'm hearing he's a top-50 pick, but I'd nab him in the late 2nd or 3rd if he slides.
Marcus Lattimore. 4th round. Do it.
Barrett Jones. 3rd round? No-brainer. He's no Jon Cooper, but he's better than Peter Konz.
Sam Montgomery. He's better than Damontre Moore IMO. 4-3 guy, but if he drops far enough I think the Niners could find a use for him.
William Gholston. 5th round? 5-tech'.
Devin Taylor. 5th round? 5 tech'.
Kwame Geathers. 6th round.
Alvin Bailey. Late 4th?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dub, this is the kid I love as a 2nd day pick:

I really beginning to like the CB Depth in this draft. Thus far, Jonathan Banks, Darius Slay, Robert Alford, and my sleeper Daniel Simmons who I thought didn't enter the draft this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Now that the draft is looking a little more clear, here's a list of some of my favourite prospects for the 3rd round & later (not including WRs because the Niners already have 5 or else I'd include Kenny Stills):

Tyler Bray (doubt he's there though).
Trevardo Williams. VASTLY underrated. People are talking 4th-5th for him.
Terron Armstead. I'm hearing he's a top-50 pick, but I'd nab him in the late 2nd or 3rd if he slides.
Marcus Lattimore. 4th round. Do it.
Barrett Jones. 3rd round? No-brainer. He's no Jon Cooper, but he's better than Peter Konz.
Sam Montgomery. He's better than Damontre Moore IMO. 4-3 guy, but if he drops far enough I think the Niners could find a use for him.
William Gholston. 5th round? 5-tech'.
Devin Taylor. 5th round? 5 tech'.
Kwame Geathers. 6th round.
Alvin Bailey. Late 4th?

as it is, don't they have to 'find a use' for Glenn Dorsey? think you should add an NT prospect for 3rd round or later, more later.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
as it is, don't they have to 'find a use' for Glenn Dorsey? think you should add an NT prospect for 3rd round or later, more later.

Kwame Geathers is a NT prospect.

There aren't a lot of NT prospects I like in this draft. Hankins in the 1st is one, Jesse Williams in the 2nd is one (he probably won't last that long), Johnathan Jenkins in the 3rd is one (probably won't last that long), and Kwame Geathers in the 6th is one (might last that long).

But the team might like some other prospects, and this is a deep DT draft.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Almost forgot. Kawann Short is getting mixed reviews lately. The dude will be an excellent 4-3 DT, but if he somehow slips to the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind letting him try NT. It would be a huge stanank on the part of many teams if they let him slip out of the first round.