• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2012 College Football / 2013 NFL Draft

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There aren't a lot of really late-round guys I like in this draft. The best rounds in this draft seem like 2-4.

I have my eye on Marcus Lattimore if he's there around the 4th-5th round.
Trevardo Williams is one of my favourites, but I'd guess he's a 3rd rounder. In fact, I think he'd be a steal w/ the compensatory 3rd the Niners got.
I'd take a flyer on Kwame Geathers on potential alone in maybe the 6th. He probably won't be any better than his brothers in the NFL, but you never know. At least he has 3-4 experience.
I don't know how high Kenny Stills will go, but he's worth a look. Maybe Da'Rick Rogers, but he looks like more of a 3rd round prospect. Aaron Dobson?
Jordan Poyer? He's probably a 3rd-4th rounder at this point.
Alvin Bailey might be a good pickup in the later rounds, but I don't know if there's much room on the roster for another OL.

Don't want any part of Tyrann Mathieu. Devin Taylor doesn't fit in a 3-4.

I really don't see anyone else I like in his draft later on. It's a pity because the Niners have so many late picks. They need to paskage most of those & trade up.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who said that???

A lot of folks did. When I had stated that I wouldn't hesitate to do a Ricky Williams type like trade to acquire Clowney, I almost got banned on this site. I took a lot of heat for it from a lot of people. The only regulars I remember (because they are regulars) that was part of the crew that said he doesn't fit was scheme was Dodub and Clyde. Again, there were more individuals in which I don't remember by name. They said it wouldn't make any sense to waste the #1 overall pick on a player who doesn't play 3-4 DE and is only capable playing end in a 4-3 scheme.

They were totally disregarding the fact that one, he wouldn't be playing DE for us. He would be a rush linebacker (a bigger, more explosive, more athletically gifted than Aldon). Two, even if he played some DE in our current scheme, it would be when we decide to show a 4 men front as we often do in certain packages. Three, even if we decided to show off a little bit, 5% of the time I would still put him at DE in our 3-4 scheme if I wanted to get Brooks in there while giving someone like McDonald a breather.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There aren't a lot of really late-round guys I like in this draft. The best rounds in this draft seem like 2-4.

Trevardo Williams is one of my favourites, but I'd guess he's a 3rd rounder. In fact, I think he'd be a steal w/ the compensatory 3rd the Niners got.
I'd take a flyer on Kwame Geathers on potential alone in maybe the 6th. He probably won't be any better than his brothers in the NFL, but you never know. At least he has 3-4 experience.
I don't know how high Kenny Stills will go, but he's worth a look. Maybe Da'Rick Rogers, but he looks like more of a 3rd round prospect. Aaron Dobson?
Alvin Bailey might be a good pickup in the later rounds, but I don't know if there's much room on the roster for another OL.

I really don't see anyone else I like in his draft later on. It's a pity because the Niners have so many late picks. They need to paskage most of those & trade up.

I see Mathieu as someone that just needs a strong organization and locker room. I would love to see him on our team. Also, is it confirmed we are going to receive a 3rd rounder in comp? I thought it was still a bit up in the air between that and a 4th? Would LOVE to get Lattimore to put in the backfield after Gore retires..

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
These are 2 guys with whom I have huge questions. I questions Collins' strength, and Amerson is very inconsistent. However, Amerson is one of the more athletically gifted DBs in what I think is a weak safety draft (I see Amerson as a better FS than CB), so he could be a project for some team. Ever since I've gotten more excited about the prospect of Carradine & Reid being 49ers, I've cooled off on Amerson a bit.

I actually think Trevardo Williams is a better prospect than Collins, even though Collins was looking like a 25-40 pick for a while there (and for some reason Williams is still being overlooked).

Amerson would not make a good safety. He is not afraid to pull up and get his nose a little dirty, but often times when he does, he does not know how to wrap up. Thus, he is responsible for a lot of missed tackles. He is a good corner and he is young and still developing. I would leave him at that position. With better coaching I could see him developedto be one of the better corners in the league in a few years time.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. We should trade our way to the 2nd/3rd round as much as possible in this draft and load up on young talent that we can start developing immediately. Knock the dead weight off the bottom of our depth charts as well. Create financial flexibility to re-sign our young studs that will be do big $ soon.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cordarrelle Patterson - WR - Volunteers

Former NFL executive Tony Softli listed Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson as the fourth best player in the 2013 Draft class.
"Despite small hands, he has natural receiving skills to complement his sturdy frame," Softli said of Patterson. "There will be a learning curve during the offseason, but under the right coaching staff and with hard work, this difference-maker will be ready for the regular season." Patterson's versatility to make plays from a variety of sets will help is value.
Source: Tony Softli
Mar 7 - 11:32 AM

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I'm feeling kind of lonely in my Tank Carradine bandwagon. I just have one question:

[YOUTUBE]6ZZI6-zh0GM[/YOUTUBE]

I like Cornellius but you would probably have to take him at 31 or 34.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we get Rambo with our third round pick?

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think we can get him with our 4th round pick. However, I wouldn't chance it and select him with one of our thirds.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
NFL Draft 2013
Defense dominates the top 10
Utah DT Star Lotulelei is still the best fit for the Chiefs at No. 1
Originally Published: March 6, 2013
By Todd McShay | ESPN Insider

You may be surprised to see that the No. 1 pick in this third mock draft is the same as the first and the second. Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei remains on top of the draft board despite his heart condition, which was discovered during the course of medical examinations during the NFL draft combine.

Lotulelei was diagnosed with an abnormally low ejection fraction in the left ventricle of his heart. This means his heart was pumping less blood than it should be. According to the American Heart Association, a normal heart would pump 55 to 70 percent of the blood. According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen and Joe Schad, Lotulelei's heart was pumping at 44 percent efficiency. It's not considered to be in the range of heart failure, but it's below normal and it concerned examiners at the combine.

So, why is he still at the top of the board? Until we get confirmation on his condition, Lotulelei's place atop the board is based on his football ability and his being the best fit the for the Kansas City Chiefs at No. 1.

Also, as in the first two mock drafts, linemen on both sides of the ball take a majority of the spots in the first round while skill players, especially quarterbacks, are scarce.

Draft-eligible non-seniors are noted with an asterisk.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1 Star Lotulelei
Kansas City Chiefs (2-14)
COLLEGE: Utah AGE: 23 HT: 6-2½ WT: 311 POS: DT
Analysis: Most people will have OT Luke Joeckel going to the Chiefs, even after they franchised OT Branden Albert, and I think that's a viable option. But I'm also convinced that Lotulelei is very much in play for the Chiefs at No. 1. First off, the Chiefs have handled their business on offense with the trade for QB Alex Smith, the re-signing of WR Dwayne Bowe to a five-year deal, and placing the franchise tag on Albert. Don't be surprised if the focus shifts to defense in April's draft.

The Chiefs, under new defensive coordinator Bob Sutton, will continue to operate out of a base 3-4 scheme. By adding Lotulelei at DE alongside former first-round picks NT Dontari Poe and DE Tyson Jackson, it would give them a tremendously talented young front to build around. This group could become a brick wall versus the run, with Poe and Lotulelei capable of exploiting some one-on-one pass-rushing opportunities as Tamba Hali and Justin Houston grab extra attention on the perimeter.

2 Luke Joeckel*
Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14)
COLLEGE: Texas A&M AGE: 21 HT: 6-6 WT: 306 POS: OT
Analysis: Upgrading the pass rush is the top need for a team that finished with a league-worst 20 sacks in 2012. Here, DE Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB Dion Jordan and DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo are viable options.

But the highest-rated prospect available is Joeckel, and the Jaguars need help on that line as well. They surrendered 50 sacks last season and finished with third-fewest rushing yards in the NFL. The Jaguars would need to do some shuffling to make all the parts fit, but drafting Joeckel would immediately improve the mean age and the talent level of their offensive line.

Something to keep in mind: Coordinator Jedd Fisch's offense does feature more man-blocking, so it will be interesting to see whether the Jaguars believe Joeckel -- or our No. 2-rated OT Eric Fisher -- can develop into a good system fit.

3 Sharrif Floyd*
Oakland Raiders (4-12)
COLLEGE: Florida AGE: 20 HT: 6'2 WT: 297 POS: DT
Analysis: I hear all the noise out of Oakland regarding Geno Smith, but I just can't get on board. This team has so many holes and is so financially strapped that it can't afford to take a chance on a quarterback who has some holes in his game.

The smart play is to draft the best available lineman -- offensive or defensive -- who fits what the Raiders do schematically. I give the nod to Floyd. This guy has outstanding intangibles, he doesn't have durability issues and he's a disruptive force who will fit perfectly as a three-technique in Oakland's 4-3 front.

4 Dee Milliner*
Philadelphia Eagles (4-12)
COLLEGE: Alabama AGE: 21 HT: 5-11⅞ WT: 201 POS: CB
Analysis: Offensive tackle Eric Fisher could be an option here, but the Eagles' bigger need is on defense, seeing as Jason Peters, center Jason Kelce and right offensive tackle Todd Herremans are expected to be at full strength in 2013.

Oregon OLB Dion Jordan makes a ton of sense because of familiarity with Chip Kelly and defensive line coach Jerry Azzinaro. But the Eagles already have Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Vinny Curry and Phillip Hunt to serve as outside linebackers in their hybrid 3-4 scheme. Jordan is potentially a significant upgrade, but will they draft him with all that existing depth?

The Eagles also released Cullen Jenkins and Mike Patterson, which leaves them with Fletcher Cox and some question marks. Lotulelei would be in play if available, but he's not in this scenario. Ezekiel Ansah could fit as a versatile defensive end, but cornerback is arguably the team's biggest need with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie not likely to return and Nnamdi Asomugha expected to become a cap casualty.

Milliner is the only top-tier cornerback in this class. He also answered questions about his speed with an official 40 time of 4.37 at the combine.

5 Ezekiel Ansah*
Detroit Lions (4-12)
COLLEGE: BYU AGE: 23 HT: 6-5¼ WT: 271 POS: DE
Analysis: The Lions need a cornerback, but there are no legitimate options with Milliner off the board. It's too early to pick Texas safety Kenny Vaccaro, especially after he ran a 4.63 40-yard dash at the combine, which caused some concern.

It's a tough call here between Ansah and Fisher. Fisher is the safer pick, but this team needs perimeter talent to go along with the strength of its defense -- Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley at defensive tackle.

And I get it. Ansah lacks experience. But study his tape from the second half of the season, then study his dominant performance in the Senior Bowl game. Then look at his freakish combination of workout results at the combine. I'll take Ansah over most players with a lot more experience in this draft. I think he would be a great pick for the Lions at No. 5.

6 Dion Jordan
Cleveland Browns (5-11)
COLLEGE: Oregon AGE: 22 HT: 6-6¼ WT: 248 POS: OLB
Analysis: Under new coordinator Ray Horton, the Browns could feature multiple fronts with an eye on transitioning to more of a base 3-4 defense. Jordan is a phenomenal athlete who fits best working out of a two-point stance.

He has the length, speed and athleticism to immediately make a significant contribution as a pass-rusher and pursuit run-defender. Jordan also has good awareness in coverage and unusually fluid hips for his 6-foot-6 frame. The combination of Jordan opposite Jabaal Sheard would cause problems for opposing offenses.

7 Geno Smith
Arizona Cardinals (5-11)
COLLEGE: West Virginia AGE: 23 HT: 6-2⅜ WT: 218 POS: QB
Analysis: I don't have a true first-round grade on Smith, and I don't feel great about slotting him anywhere in the top 10. But we all know the drill -- quarterbacks will get bumped up the board come April 25, and Smith is likely to be the first quarterback off the board.

Does Bruce Arians believe that Smith can be the long-term answer for the Cardinals? That's really what this pick comes down to. If not, the Cardinals could upgrade their offensive line by drafting the still developing but exceptionally athletic OT Lane Johnson from Oklahoma.

As for Smith, he could come off the board one pick later to the Bills or two picks later to the Jets. If he's still on the board at No. 10, that's when things would get interesting because there isn't a team with a pressing need at QB until we circle back around in Round 2.

8 Eric Fisher
Buffalo Bills (6-10)
COLLEGE: Central Michigan AGE: 22 HT: 6-7 WT: 306 POS: OT
Analysis: Offensive tackles get bumped down a bit if Lotulelei goes No. 1, and that's the case in this scenario. But some teams have Fisher higher than Joeckel, so Fisher could go as high as No. 1 overall. He also could go to the Jaguars at No. 2, the Raiders at No. 3, the Eagles at No. 4, the Lions at No. 5 … well, you get the picture.

If Fisher falls to No. 8, the Bills shouldn't think twice. He becomes the long-term answer at left tackle, and Cordy Glenn moves to right tackle after a strong rookie season.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
9 Barkevious Mingo*
New York Jets (6-10)
COLLEGE: LSU AGE: 22 HT: 6-4¼ WT: 241 POS: DE
Analysis: I have no problem with Mingo as a top-10 pick. His lack of sack production is being overemphasized, as he often faced extra attention from double-teams. In multiple games I saw on tape, he was limited in a gap-discipline game plan to limit mobile quarterbacks.

Yes, he needs to get bigger and stronger to hold up better against the run. He also needs to improve his speed-to-power rush, but he is an explosive pass-rusher already, and his motor is always running. He is athletic enough to occasionally drop into coverage, but he will get paid to get after the QB. That's exactly what the Jets need on defense.

10 Jonathan Cooper
Tennessee Titans (6-10)
COLLEGE: North Carolina AGE: 23 HT: 6-2⅛ WT: 311 POS: G
Analysis: This is a zone-blocking group under coordinator Dowell Loggains. Alabama guard Chance Warmack is athletic enough, and he played in a heavy zone-blocking scheme at Alabama. He absolutely fits the bill and would be a great pick for the Titans.

But Cooper is the more explosive athlete and might be a slightly better fit for what the Titans are looking for. Either way, they will be in great shape if they draft one of these two exceptionally gifted guards at No. 10. (Guards in the top 10? I can't believe I just wrote that. …)

11 Lane Johnson
San Diego Chargers (7-9)
COLLEGE: Oklahoma AGE: 22 HT: 6-6 WT: 303 POS: OT
Analysis: The fastest way to becoming a winning team again is to protect QB Philip Rivers. Jared Gaither was a nightmare at left tackle, and there's no telling whether he cares enough to put in the time this offseason to turn his play around.

The Chargers can't afford to gamble. They'll be fortunate if Johnson lasts this long. He's still developing, but it's obvious on tape that his arrow is pointing way north. He has made huge strides at offensive tackle -- and remember, he was a quarterback at Kilgore Community College just a few years ago. He also has had stops at tight end, defensive end and right tackle before landing at left tackle in 2012.

Johnson can become a standout left tackle in the NFL if his hands continue to improve and if he keeps getting stronger.

12 Keenan Allen*
Miami Dolphins (7-9)
COLLEGE: California AGE: 20 HT: 6-2 WT: 206 POS: WR
Analysis: It would not be ideal for the Dolphins if the board falls in this order. Their most pressing positions of need are cornerback and offensive tackle, and the top-tier talents at both positions are gone. Ryan Tannehill is desperate for more playmakers, so drafting a wide receiver at No. 12 is not at all out of the question -- even if they sign a veteran starter via free agency.

Tennessee's Cordarrelle Patterson is the most dynamic athlete at wide receiver, but he is extremely raw and will need a lot of reps in order to retain new information. I just don't think that lines up with what coach Joe Philbin and offensive coordinator Mike Sherman are looking for in their up-tempo version of the West Coast offense.

Allen, on the other hand, is not a burner, but he is a polished route-runner with good size (6-2, 206) and natural playmaking ability.

13 Kenny Vaccaro
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9)
COLLEGE: Texas AGE: 21 HT: 6-0 WT: 214 POS: S
Analysis: The Bucs' secondary is an absolute mess with the exception of Mark Barron. So although spending first-round picks on safeties in back-to-back drafts might not be ideal, Vaccaro makes a lot of sense. I expect him to improve his 40 time at Texas' pro day, and the rest of his combine results were near or atop the list for safeties.

More important, Vaccaro's tape is excellent. Vaccaro is clearly the most complete safety in the 2013 class, and his ability to match up against pass-catching TEs in the slot, as well as to handle deep-third responsibilities in zone coverage, would give this Bucs secondary some much-needed flexibility.

14 Sheldon Richardson
Carolina Panthers (7-9)
COLLEGE: Missouri AGE: 21 HT: 6-2½ WT: 294 POS: DT
Analysis: In this mock, Vaccaro is gone, so there's no safety available worth selecting at No. 14. Also, wide receivers Patterson and Tavon Austin could be in play here.

While this may be a bit high for Richardson, who is a classic three-technique D-lineman, he's a terrific athlete and makes some big-time plays because of his speed and change-of-direction skills. On the downside, he will get pushed around at times against the run. He also needs to play with more consistent leverage and improve his bulk and strength.

15 Alec Ogletree *
New Orleans Saints (7-9)
COLLEGE: Georgia AGE: 21 HT: 6-2½ WT: 242 POS: LB
Analysis: For the Saints, the pass-rushers and offensive tackles they would want are gone. Ogletree is an explosive athlete with the ability to cover like a safety, which he was early in his career, and make plays from sideline to sideline against the run.

He has some baggage, but not many guys come along with Ogletree's assortment of skills. He won't last long.

16 Tavon Austin*
St. Louis Rams (7-8-1)
COLLEGE: West Virginia AGE: 21 HT: 5-8½ WT: 174 POS: WR
Analysis: Offensive tackle is also a high priority for the Rams, but no legitimate left tackle is still available at this point, unless they think Alabama's D.J. Fluker fits on the left side.

Wide receiver Danny Amendola is a free agent, so Austin could be a perfect fit as a young, dynamic weapon in the slot for QB Sam Bradford. Austin is small but has a rare combination of quickness and speed.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
17 Jarvis Jones*
Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8)
COLLEGE: Georgia AGE: 23 HT: 6-2⅜ WT: 245 POS: LB
Analysis: Cornerback, wide receiver and offensive tackle are all bigger needs, but Jones is a good value pick here if he checks out medically. He fits perfectly as a 3-4 outside linebacker in the Steelers' scheme, which historically has excelled with smaller-framed OLBs.

The bottom line is the Steelers' pass rush -- particularly on third downs -- was lacking last season. James Harrison's play dropped off, and LaMarr Woodley struggled to stay healthy. The Steelers saw some flashes from Jason Worilds, but is he a long-term answer as a starter? What Jones does best is pin his ears back and attack the quarterback off the edge.

18 Chance Warmack
Dallas Cowboys (8-8)
COLLEGE: Alabama AGE: 21 HT: 6-2 WT: 317 POS: G
Analysis: Guards often do not come off the board quickly, and Warmack and UNC's Jonathan Cooper could slip a bit as a result.

But on tape, Warmack is one of the three most complete football players in this class. He could easily go in the top 11 picks to the Bills at No. 8, the Jets at No. 9, the Titans at No. 10 and the Chargers at No. 11. This is not a flashy pick, so Cowboys owner Jerry Jones might squash it. But this would be a great pick for the Cowboys if Warmack lasts all the way down here.

19 Tyler Eifert
New York Giants (9-7)
COLLEGE: Notre Dame AGE: 22 HT: 6-5½ WT: 250 POS: TE
Analysis: If Ogletree were still available, he would be a great pick here. The Giants also could go with Fluker, but Eifert is a top tight end and would give Eli Manning another weapon in the passing game. Eifert's ball skills and ability to come down with the jump ball separate him from some other talented tight ends in this class.

20 Cordarrelle Patterson *
Chicago Bears (10-6)
COLLEGE: Tennessee AGE: 21 HT: 6-1⅞ WT: 216 POS: WR
Analysis: The Bears would love for Eifert to fall to them, but in this scenario the Giants get him one pick before. The Bears also could surprise here with a left tackle such as Menelik Watson or Justin Pugh, two athletic players who would need to develop in Marc Trestman's offense.

But Patterson is one of the most explosive, raw athletes in this draft and is one of the most dangerous with the ball in his hands. He has elite natural tools and could be brought along slowly at wide receiver. Also, Patterson allows Trestman to get creative with reverses and screens while occasionally lining up Patterson in the backfield.

21 D.J. Fluker*
Cincinnati Bengals (10-6)
COLLEGE: Alabama AGE: 21 HT: 6-4½ WT: 339 POS: OT
Analysis: Would the Bengals replace one Alabama offensive tackle bust with another Alabama OT? If not, the best players at wide receiver, running back and linebacker will be the focus.

Fluker seems to be more dedicated, and he carries his weight much better. He would be a good pick at this portion of the draft.

22 Menelik Watson*
St. Louis Rams (from WAS) (7-8-1)
COLLEGE: Florida State AGE: 24 HT: 6-5⅛ WT: 317 POS: OT
Analysis: At No. 16, Watson, who is from England, would have been a reach; that's why I went with Austin there.

Here, where I had Keenan Allen in the first mock and Sylvester Williams in the second for the Rams, Watson could work. The Rams have a need at tackle, and Watson is a very talented athlete who is light on his feet for his size. He gets into sets quickly and with a lot of depth. Has long arms and can ride speed rushers past the pocket off the edge. But he's raw, and his football instincts need to develop.

23 Sylvester Williams
Minnesota Vikings (10-6)
COLLEGE: North Carolina AGE: 24 HT: 6-2⅝ WT: 313 POS: DT
Analysis: Defensive tackle isn't a top need, and the Vikings have bigger needs at wide receiver, outside linebacker and offensive tackle. But Williams is a good fit in defensive coordinator Alan Williams' Tampa 2 defense. Williams is quick and active and has very good football character, too.

24 Justin Pugh*
Indianapolis Colts (11-5)
COLLEGE: Syracuse AGE: 22 HT: 6-4½ WT: 307 POS: G
Analysis: Pugh made history this year as he was one of two non-seniors to participate in the Senior Bowl, a first for the annual all-star game. He might slip down the first round because of 2012 injury and short arms (only 32 inches), but he's a first-round talent on tape. He's very smart. Coaches praise his work ethic and ability to quickly pick up the offense and blocking schemes. Pugh also has good movement skills. He has patience and balance in his sets, and once he's able to latch on he can lock out with his arms and shuffle and mirror defenders.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
25 Bjoern Werner*
Seattle Seahawks (11-5)
COLLEGE: Florida St. AGE: 22 HT: 6-3¼ WT: 266 POS: DE
Analysis: Werner could be a steal here if he drops this far and could add depth to an already stout Seahawks defense. His best fit appears to be as a left defensive end for a 4-3 scheme. He has very similar traits and motor to Chris Long but is just a notch below in talent.

26 John Jenkins
Green Bay Packers (11-5)
COLLEGE: Georgia AGE: 23 HT: 6-3⅝ WT: 346 POS: DT
Analysis: The Packers would like to find a left tackle in the first round, but there is none available worth the pick in this scenario. They also can address their need at running back in the second or third round. Nose tackle is not a pressing need, but it's tough to find massive pluggers with some mobility like Jenkins.

He's a massive two-gap nose tackle with wide trunk, and he has adequate-to-good initial quickness and body control for a guy his size. He has tree trunks for arms and flashes the ability to lock out.

27 Justin Hunter*
Houston Texans (12-4)
COLLEGE: Tennessee AGE: 21 HT: 6-4 WT: 196 POS: WR
Analysis: The Texans have other needs at offensive tackle, linebacker, nose tackle and safety, but I love Hunter's potential to work the sideline opposite Andre Johnson. The question is: Is he physical enough to play in the Texans' offense? He's long at 6-4 but lean at 196 pounds.

Hunter has impressive natural hand-eye coordination and a huge catching radius. He can catch over his head with ease, and he's smooth catching the ball on the run. Hunter also shows confidence attacking the football.

28 Xavier Rhodes*
Denver Broncos (13-3)
COLLEGE: Florida State AGE: 22 HT: 6-1½ WT: 210 POS: CB
Analysis: We're not as high on him as some others, but he has an outstanding size-speed combination and is at his best in press-man coverage.

29 Blidi Wreh-Wilson
New England Patriots (12-4)
COLLEGE: Connecticut AGE: 23 HT: 6-0¾ WT: 195 POS: CB
Analysis: The Patriots could have a need in the secondary if they decide not to re-sign Aqib Talib. Wreh-Wilson, who has come on strong in the draft process, could be a nice fit here. Most don't have him in the first round, and he might not go this early after running the 40 in the 4.5-second range at combine.

But we think he's an underrated talent with size, body control, instincts and toughness against the run. He's just a really good football player. Also, he was selected as a team captain both as a junior and senior and was well respected by coaches and teammates. He's also extremely intelligent and accountable, and possesses a good work ethic.

30 Zach Ertz *
Atlanta Falcons (13-3)
COLLEGE: Stanford AGE: 21 HT: 6-5 WT: 249 POS: TE
Analysis: Will Tony Gonzalez retire? Will the Falcons persuade him to come back? If he sticks with his plans to retire, Ertz could fit here. He'd have Hall of Fame shoes to fill, but the Falcons could help him develop. He's quick off the line of scrimmage, while showing the ability to pace his routes and flash subtle head fakes at the top of routes to freeze defenders.

If the Falcons don't go with Ertz, they could consider Washington CB Desmond Trufant, Texas A&M DE Damontre Moore, LSU DE Sam Montgomery and Alabama RB Eddie Lacy.

31 Margus Hunt
San Francisco 49ers (11-4-1)
COLLEGE: SMU AGE: 25 HT: 6-8⅛ WT: 277 POS: DE
Analysis: The Niners need a cornerback, but there isn't one who would be worth taking here. Hunt is a project with a ton of upside. He's older, but he's a physical freak. At 6-8⅛ he ran a 4.6 40-yard dash.

In the final few game tapes of the 2012 season, I can see the light starting to come on. In San Francisco, he could develop at a good pace and wouldn't be forced into action too early.

If the Niners don't choose Hunt, they could look at safeties D.J. Swearinger or Matt Elam. Nose tackle Brandon Williams, a small-school prospect who is rising, wide receiver Quinton Patton or Trufant also could fit for the Niners.

32 Manti Te'o
Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
COLLEGE: Notre Dame AGE: 22 HT: 6-1¼ WT: 241 POS: LB
Analysis: The questions about his ability to play all three downs in the NFL were magnified by a 4.83 40 at the combine.

He has great instincts and plays faster than his 40 time. But whether he can hold up as an every-down player in the NFL is the question that a lot of teams will be mulling over -- especially those with ILB/MLB needs in the bottom third of first round, including the Giants, Bears, Texans and Ravens.

The Ravens also could consider Swearinger, Elam or John Cyprien at safety, Trufant at corner and center Travis Frederick.

Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Since he didn't participate in drills, I would say probably.

He's the one safety not named Reid who is intriguing to me, but I'm wary of anyone who doesn't run at the combine. Even of Keenan Allen.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
The Rams aren't dumb enough to pass on Warmack.

...are they?

Even though Hunter is now considered a 1st rounder, I still think he's underrated. He should be a top 10 pick.

John Jenkins still a 1st rounder eh? I thought teams were cooling off on him a bit. I know I am.

I'm extremely happy to not see Hankins or Carradine on that list. Like you said Ray, the Niners would probably have to spend the 31 or 34 to get him, but I still think that would be a steal. He's a better player than Damontre Moore in both aspects of the game IMO. He's better than Werner. He's better than Mingo. He's not the athlete Jordan is, but Carradine is bigger and could play the 5.

I would be extremely happy with this mock to come true, but it would be painful because I'd be screaming for the Niners to trade up for Warmack the entire time. Vindication would only come at pick 31 when Hankins was still on the board (if they did the right thing and took him).

Wait a sec... they forgot about Short. Why isn't he on that list? One of my big fears is that the Seahawks take Short. Someone goofed.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This was interesting, just for the measurements alone.

NFL scouts take a look at 6-foot-10, 388-pound Terrell Brown | ProFootballTalk

For those who don't want to read it, here's a blurb:

Brown’s measurements were, of course, amazing. He had 38-inch arms (more than two inches longer than any offensive lineman at the Scouting Combine) and his wingspan is a ridiculous 92 inches, or more than seven and a half feet from hand to hand when his arms are outstretched. He ran a 5.80-second 40-yard dash and managed 22 repetitions at 225 pounds in the bench press.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he didn't participate in drills, I would say probably.

He's the one safety not named Reid who is intriguing to me, but I'm wary of anyone who doesn't run at the combine. Even of Keenan Allen.

He had a hammy injury during Senior bowl week so he wasn't healthy for the combine.