• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: 12/15/2016, The Poopfest: The Seattle Seahawks vs the Los Angeles Rams

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Rams are competing for the Super bowl, LA fans will not show up. There is a reason why LA has lost an NFL franchise twice already. Raiders have no problem whatsoever selling out games....

I live in the greater Los Angeles area and know plenty of football fans. If the team is competitive fans will show up.....like in most cities. If a team were 4-12 or 5-11 in most cities.....attendance would be down. Unless, you're a Browns fan, they are gluttons for punishment. Not to mention, they are playing worse than usual, which is tough for even them.

The Rams lack of fan support wasn't the only reason they left. Most of the home games were blacked out back then. This season most of the home games and away games have been televised here in LA (trust me on this, I've had to watch them far too often). She wanted a new stadium built, unlike Al Davis who wanted renovations to the Coliseum. Including PSL's so he could make more $.

Davis took the Raiders and went to a city that would give him what he wanted.

Don't believe everything you read about how both franchises were moved because of a lack of fan support. Los Angeles still has a shitload of Raider fans who support them, even though they are in Oakland.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have failed to score 16 points like 5 times this season and they are given a 16 point spread against a team that matches up well with them because that team fired a crap coach?

Am I missing something?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless the Rams are competing for the Super bowl, LA fans will not show up. There is a reason why LA has lost an NFL franchise twice already. Raiders have no problem whatsoever selling out games....
How many people does the Oakland–Alameda County Coliseum hold vs. the Los Angeles Coliseum? Big difference!!

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so weird how some teams just have other teams number. The Rams have no business being competitive tonight but they haven't had any business being compwti ru I've the last 3 times either..... short week. Rams fire coach. Rally together. Rams 20-17

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have failed to score 16 points like 5 times this season and they are given a 16 point spread against a team that matches up well with them because that team fired a crap coach?

Am I missing something?
I don't get it either. I think the Seahawks will win but I think it will be close.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in the greater Los Angeles area and know plenty of football fans. If the team is competitive fans will show up.....like in most cities. If a team were 4-12 or 5-11 in most cities.....attendance would be down. Unless, you're a Browns fan, they are gluttons for punishment. Not to mention, they are playing worse than usual, which is tough for even them.

The Rams lack of fan support wasn't the only reason they left. Most of the home games were blacked out back then. This season most of the home games and away games have been televised here in LA (trust me on this, I've had to watch them far too often). She wanted a new stadium built, unlike Al Davis who wanted renovations to the Coliseum. Including PSL's so he could make more $.

Davis took the Raiders and went to a city that would give him what he wanted.

Don't believe everything you read about how both franchises were moved because of a lack of fan support. Los Angeles still has a shitload of Raider fans who support them, even though they are in Oakland.
DJ damn good point, the Rams moved to St. Louis because the Los Angeles Coliseum held over 90,000 fans at the time and had a hard time selling out. The NFL at the time had a blackout rule, that stated a team has to sell out 72 hours before the game could be show on TV locally.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Am I missing something?
Its in Seattle

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that I don't know as much as I think I do. It's for that reason that I don't gamble on sports.
Me too, after losing my shorts several times.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one thing I've learned over the years, it's that I don't know as much as I think I do. It's for that reason that I don't gamble on sports.
neither does the gambling public its why the spread is so high :suds:

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
neither does the gambling public its why the spread is so high :suds:

How are you leaning on betting this game? Or are you passing it up?

I bet 90 on the under 38.5 and leaning heavily towards the Rams +15.5. Bet 65 already and may place another wager closer to game time.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ damn good point, the Rams moved to St. Louis because the Los Angeles Coliseum held over 90,000 fans at the time and had a hard time selling out. The NFL at the time had a blackout rule, that stated a team has to sell out 72 hours before the game could be show on TV locally.

Exactly.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id lay whatever points Seattle is laying

This has 38-10 written all over it