• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Reasons why an Appeal Overturns TB12 Suspension

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were doing nothing of the sort.
So the texts all being 3 months before the actual game they were investigating isn't relevant? It's only not so because of who it came from. You have your mind made up that anything we say is automatically bad and anti-brady.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer will avoid the truth when it doesn't fit his narrative.

Bump. lol
What truth? All he did was hire a lawyer?

I'm not sure why so many people want to crucify Brady and the Pats for a minor deal but why are Pats fans making it seem like nothing went on? Strange off season indeed

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the texts all being 3 months before the actual game they were investigating isn't relevant? It's only not so because of who it came from. You have your mind made up that anything we say is automatically bad and anti-brady.

Ummm yeah that's it.:L

The texts listed and made public by the Well's report are placed with a chosen context, by? Well's. Now he may in fact be correct on that context, but it's reasonable to dispute that.

Here someone does that for me, and because it's late and I'm feeling lazy.:nod:

"#9 Wells Report Labels Texts Undermining Case a ‘Joke,’ Texts Buttressing Case Dead Serious

When the text messages of Patriots employees undermine Wells’s case, they joke. When the texts support Wells’s case, the texters display unmistakable earnestness. So, when ball handler Jim McNally threatens (pp. 5, 13, 77, 78) to overinflate pigskins to the size of a “rugby ball,” a “watermelon,” or a “balloon,” he clearly jests, according to Wells, as he does (pp. 15, 80) when he says, “The only thing deflating sun..is [Brady’s] passing rating.” But when he calls himself, in the same chain of texts, the “deflator,” he writes in all seriousness even if in a “joking tone,” according to Wells. In every instance, the language dismissed as “jokes” undermines the case and the language seized upon as serious, which appears as a reading-between-the-lines reach, suggests guilt. When the beleaguered ball handlers insist the texts represent kidding around, Wells (p. 80) states: “We do not view these explanations as plausible or consistent with common sense.” All kidding aside, the interpretation says more about the interpreters than the interpreted."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing, huh Harold?

Amazing!
It is amazing to see Pats fans in denial. They'll grasp at any straw to defend the flag. Funny thing is, Wiz was the only one to make a valid point about the whole thing. Wiz and his uncompromising need to be "objective" .

Pretty funny no Pats fan came up with what Wiz did. Hell they been searching the internet non stop to make any little point they could.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is amazing to see Pats fans in denial. They'll grasp at any straw to defend the flag. Funny thing is, Wiz was the only one to make a valid point about the whole thing. Wiz and his uncompromising need to be "objective" .

Pretty funny no Pats fan came up with what Wiz did. Hell they been searching the internet non stop to make any little point they could.

That's funny I noticed you couldn't refute any of the 10 items listed.

Wonder why that is?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you just don't appear to be able to grasp the obvious. It doesn't matter how you want to view those texts. The case given to the Wells group was specifically were balls tampered with on the evening of January 18th before/during the AFCCG.

Really doesn't fucking matter what these idiots had to say T H R E E M O N T H S earlier. It says nothing about that night. At all. Not even a little. And (Pay attention skippy) that they recovered things that far back, were is the damning evidence from any form of text over the following 11 games after those texts?

If you stick to that the messages themselves have no relevance no matter how they are interpreted. They just don't apply.

I can't believe how dense you are being over this. You must really need sleep or something.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been 51/49 with the Titans and Chargers for a long time.

The Titans ownership is ruining the franchise. There's talk they won't last here without a new owner. The Mariota pick was the last straw for me. Tommy Smith, Ruston Webster and Whisenhunt have ruined this team and I'm not going to support it any more.

Disclaimer: I don't care what Pats fans think about it either.
Please take Haslam off our hands. Rumor has it he want's the Titans.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you just don't appear to be able to grasp the obvious. It doesn't matter how you want to view those texts. The case given to the Wells group was specifically were balls tampered with on the evening of January 18th before/during the AFCCG.

Really doesn't fucking matter what these idiots had to say T H R E E M O N T H S earlier. It says nothing about that night. At all. Not even a little. And (Pay attention skippy) that they recovered things that far back, were is the damning evidence from any form of text over the following 11 games after those texts?

If you stick to that the messages themselves have no relevance no matter how they are interpreted. They just don't apply.

I can't believe how dense you are being over this. You must really need sleep or something.
Naturally, I disagree here. I think if those texts show Brady was pressuring his equipment staff three months ago to doctor the balls, then it does have a bearing on why those balls ended up under what they should be later in the year, but I'm not a lawyer. So we'll see.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do they have to be explained away, how about the investigation explain them? They tried and they were easily refuted.

The texts mean nothing really, and will prove as such.

anigif_enhanced-21349-1422550662-2.gif

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naturally, I disagree here. I think if those texts show Brady was pressuring his equipment staff three months ago to doctor the balls, then it does have a bearing on why those balls ended up under what they should be later in the year, but I'm not a lawyer. So we'll see.
No other texts recovered over the next full 11 games. At least none presented. Don't find that strange? Nothing. Not one. Well after all those juicy ones they gave us.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alright had to go back and trace where it broke down.

It appears the confusion on my part occurred starting at this,

Prove he has done it at some point? Sure. He's slimy alright and has probably been having his balls reduced for a long time. But this case was about the AFCCG on January 18th.

Then with some cross pollinating of conversations with others on multiple threads, by me, is where it broke down on my end.:suds:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It does matter what they said 3 months earlier because they were trying to establish a pattern of deflating balls.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does matter what they said 3 months earlier because they were trying to establish a pattern of deflating balls.
Sure, we all get that. Now tie it in to the evening of January 18th. Even a little.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No other texts recovered over the next full 11 games. At least none presented. Don't find that strange? Nothing. Not one. Well after all those juicy ones they gave us.
It's food for thought, no doubt. They wise up or did Brady start taking care of them ? Who knows. Regradless, those texts are damning in my eyes.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, we all get that. Now tie it in to the evening of January 18th. Even a little.
Not easy when the Pats and Tom didn't give full cooperation. How are the texts not damning? He calls himself the deflator. He receives shoes as payment. Is it 100% smoking gun? Hell no, but anyone not biased can see there was tampering done.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not easy when the Pats and Tom didn't give full cooperation. How are the texts not damning? He calls himself the deflator. He receives shoes as payment. Is it 100% smoking gun? Hell no, but anyone not biased can see there was tampering done.

Tom did cooperate, and we will see how the court rules on providing of ones personal phone.

We don't know the context of the text/s.

Shoes and other garb have been payments to the equipment guys for every team in the NFL going back several decades.

Anything else?