• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Reasons why an Appeal Overturns TB12 Suspension

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 Reasons Why an Appeal Overturns Tom Brady's Suspension - Breitbart

"#1 NFL Uses Different Ball Pressure Standard for Pats and Colts

Whereas Wells ignores the best-case-scenario readings for the Patriots and highlights the worst-case scenario ones, he exclusively relies on the highest possible measurements when discussing Colts balls. He says (p. 52) at halftime, “No air was added to the Colts balls tested because they each registered within the permissible inflation range on at least one of the two gauges used.” Notice the different standard? For the Patriots, he talks about balls not passing muster on “both gauges.” For the Colts, he employs a “one of the two gauges used” standard. Apart from whitewashing the inconvenient truth that one referee judged a majority of Pats balls where Wells’s scientists said balls inflated to regulation before the game would read at halftime, this underhanded tactic enables Wells to gloss over the fact that three Colts balls lost so much pressure after a half, despite supposedly coming in at 13.0 to begin with, that they fell short of the NFL standard on at least one ref’s gauge. Relying on the lower gauge when its suits the NFL’s purposes and then both gauges when expediency demands it, like accepting Walt Anderson’s recollections when it suits and dismissing them when it doesn’t, suggests a bias that an unbiased arbiter will likely find objectionable enough to dismiss the suspension."

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:

I corrected the typo in the title and it still posted. :scratch:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to predict that no appeal will be made. Why? Because that could open up a can of worms for the Pats. Those two equipment guys have no reason to keep quiet now and who knows what other dirty little secrets they know. After all they hang out with players and coaches all day long and nobody notices them. Their like furniture to the players and coaches.
I've heard it said that the NFL should be worried also, after all they have their secrets also, right? I don't think the NFL is worried in the least or this situation would not be happening.
Want to appeal? Bring it on bro! That's what the NFL is saying.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 Reasons Why an Appeal Overturns Tom Brady's Suspension - Breitbart

"#1 NFL Uses Different Ball Pressure Standard for Pats and Colts

Whereas Wells ignores the best-case-scenario readings for the Patriots and highlights the worst-case scenario ones, he exclusively relies on the highest possible measurements when discussing Colts balls. He says (p. 52) at halftime, “No air was added to the Colts balls tested because they each registered within the permissible inflation range on at least one of the two gauges used.” Notice the different standard? For the Patriots, he talks about balls not passing muster on “both gauges.” For the Colts, he employs a “one of the two gauges used” standard. Apart from whitewashing the inconvenient truth that one referee judged a majority of Pats balls where Wells’s scientists said balls inflated to regulation before the game would read at halftime, this underhanded tactic enables Wells to gloss over the fact that three Colts balls lost so much pressure after a half, despite supposedly coming in at 13.0 to begin with, that they fell short of the NFL standard on at least one ref’s gauge. Relying on the lower gauge when its suits the NFL’s purposes and then both gauges when expediency demands it, like accepting Walt Anderson’s recollections when it suits and dismissing them when it doesn’t, suggests a bias that an unbiased arbiter will likely find objectionable enough to dismiss the suspension."
:scratch:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to predict that no appeal will be made. Why? Because that could open up a can of worms for the Pats. Those two equipment guys have no reason to keep quiet now and who knows what other dirty little secrets they know. After all they hang out with players and coaches all day long and nobody notices them. Their like furniture to the players and coaches.
I've heard it said that the NFL should be worried also, after all they have their secrets also, right? I don't think the NFL is worried in the least or this situation would not be happening.
Want to appeal? Bring it on bro! That's what the NFL is saying.

Brady's team have already indicated their appeal will be in by the 5 pm deadline Thurs.

Patriots have indicated they are also intending to appeal, and some reports have hinted at a full nuclear front v the NFL league office.

Get your popcorn ready.:nod:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your av sucks. The gun is pointed the wrong way and would cause difficulty in picking up in the event of an emergency. At least slide it more to the left if you happen to be a lefty.:nod:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your av sucks. The gun is pointed the wrong way and would cause difficulty in picking up in the event of an emergency. At least slide it more to the left if you happen to be a lefty.:nod:
:nono:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady's team have already indicated their appeal will be in by the 5 pm deadline Thurs.

Patriots have indicated they are also intending to appeal, and some reports have hinted at a full nuclear front v the NFL league office.

Bring it!

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------
If this was the first infraction the Patriots had been accused of, I would agree with you. But there is a reasonably long list of "improper" activity by this team that goes way back. I'm sure the Pats will apeal. I'm equally sure it will go nowhere. Goodell has long been accused of being in the back pocket of Kraft. This should and will put and end to that speculation.

Brady has had plenty of time to outright deny the accusation and he never has. Nor was he willing to turn over his cell phone. If he had nothing to hide???????

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
If this was the first infraction the Patriots had been accused of, I would agree with you. But there is a reasonably long list of "improper" activity by this team that goes way back. I'm sure the Pats will apeal. I'm equally sure it will go nowhere. Goodell has long been accused of being in the back pocket of Kraft. This should and will put and end to that speculation.

Brady has had plenty of time to outright deny the accusation and he never has. Nor was he willing to turn over his cell phone. If he had nothing to hide???????

Feel free to list that long list you speak of. Take your time.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a neutral person is used to review the NFL is fd.
Only a Pats fan would say that. You see how posters from all kinds of teams feel about this here on SportsHoopla. You can bet the same feelings are being felt every where.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a Pats fan would say that. You see how posters from all kinds of teams feel about this here on SportsHoopla. You can bet the same feelings are being felt every where.

Wrong, it's what has happened to the NFL in recent cases.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the league reducing the picks or the fine but I could see them bending and reducing Brady's suspension by a game or two.