• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Reasons why an Appeal Overturns TB12 Suspension

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been 51/49 with the Titans and Chargers for a long time.

The Titans ownership is ruining the franchise. There's talk they won't last here without a new owner. The Mariota pick was the last straw for me. Tommy Smith, Ruston Webster and Whisenhunt have ruined this team and I'm not going to support it any more.

Disclaimer: I don't care what Pats fans think about it either.

51/49? You mean like the Well's investigation. lol

Fair enough.

I can't argue that since you went from a team that has issues that deserve complaints to ownership to another team you believe in and has a solid competing mentality.

Now had you jumped onto the Patriots juggernaut train we would have had to put you on the roof just before going under an overpass. Just sayin':suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
51/49? You mean like the Well's investigation. lol

Fair enough.

I can't argue that since you went from a team that has issues that deserve complaints to ownership to another team you believe in and has a solid competing mentality.

Now had you jumped onto the Patriots juggernaut train we would have had to put you on the roof just before going under an overpass. Just sayin':suds:

I think your owner is a small, little man; a criminal and deviant. Remove him and Brady and 99% of your fans and move the team somewhere nice and I'll consider your request. :D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain the texts from the equipment guys and the gifts to hush them up. This should be interesting.
Well since none of us were there I will speculate on how Brady and the two knuckleheads coukd easily explain them to an imparial party.
The texts are two disgruntled employees being pissed and joking about their boss.
What I think helps is the one text talking about tge NYJ game where the balls were around 16 psi. If that was the case and Brady's terrible performance that game. I could certainley se Brady cussing them out and telling them to ensure from now on the balls will always be at the league min.
The gifts? Easily explained do you have employees? Employees are always being rewarded for good work whether that be $, watches, trip, sports memorabilia.
Not saying I believe this but again I don't have to but it could be enough to sway a decision.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your owner is a small, little man; a criminal and deviant. Remove him and Brady and 99% of your fans and move the team somewhere nice and I'll consider your request. :D

It wasn't a request so much as a warning. :nod:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since none of us were there I will speculate on how Brady and the two knuckleheads coukd easily explain them to an imparial party.
The texts are two disgruntled employees being pissed and joking about their boss.
What I think helps is the one text talking about tge NYJ game where the balls were around 16 psi. If that was the case and Brady's terrible performance that game. I could certainley se Brady cussing them out and telling them to ensure from now on the balls will always be at the league min.
The gifts? Easily explained do you have employees? Employees are always being rewarded for good work whether that be $, watches, trip, sports memorabilia.
Not saying I believe this but again I don't have to but it could be enough to sway a decision.

And it's actually already been widely reported that giving gear to the equipment staff is common practice through the whole league going back many decades.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's actually already been widely reported that giving gear to the equipment staff is common practice through the whole league going back many decades.
Impossible you're making that up to protect the golden boy. You shall be tared and feathered with the rest of the Pats org.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't one of the Pats equipment guys actually go by the moniker "The Deflator" on twitter? If that's true, then wow.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't one of the Pats equipment guys actually go by the moniker "The Deflator" on twitter? If that's true, then wow.

The problem is though we don't have the context of it. I agree it could be bad, but then it could be nothing either and spun the way the report wants.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is though we don't have the context of it. I agree it could be bad, but then it could be nothing either and spun the way the report wants.

I get that you're mounting an "anything could be possible" defense for your guy, but that twitter handle is just about as stupid as OJ writing his book "If I did it". I'm pretty sure if Sherman would have passed his piss test and then changed his twitter handle to "I'm too smart to be caught" you would be 99% sure he was guilty. That is where most of us are with Brady. We are 99% sure he's guilty. I'll give you the 1% and admit there is some tiny smidgen of a chance that all these things are a massive coincidence and Brady is innocent. But that's it. You get 1% from me.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that you're mounting an "anything could be possible" defense for your guy, but that twitter handle is just about as stupid as OJ writing his book "If I did it". I'm pretty sure if Sherman would have passed his piss test and then changed his twitter handle to "I'm too smart to be caught" you would be 99% sure he was guilty. That is where most of us are with Brady. We are 99% sure he's guilty. I'll give you the 1% and admit there is some tiny smidgen of a chance that all these things are a massive coincidence and Brady is innocent. But that's it. You get 1% from me.

So what is the context of the name?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change the title to this thread to 11 reasons,

Tom Brady just hired the NFL slayer Jeffery Kessler.

His track record against the NFL and affiliated groups? Well lets just say they are real, and they are spectacular.

DeflateGate: Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady Hires Jeffrey Kessler; League In Trouble - Pats Pulpit

• McNeil, et al. v. NFL, et al. - Won jury verdict for NFL players striking down free agency restrictions under the antitrust laws. This victory led to the Reggie White class action, in which the free agency/salary cap system in the NFL was negotiated.
  • Brady v. NFL - Successfully represented a class of NFL players in an antitrust action which led to the end of the 2011 NFL lockout.
  • Players Inc. v. Gridiron and Athletes First - Successfully prosecuted two frontier IP litigations challenging the group use of NFL player images on websites.
  • City of Oakland and Alameda County, et al. v. Oakland Raiders - Obtained summary judgment on behalf of City of Oakland and Alameda County requiring Raiders to honor the team's stadium lease and remain in Oakland.
  • NBA and NFL arbitrations - Represented the players associations in numerous arbitrations involving player free agency rights, circumvention claims, collusion claims, and salary caps.
  • North American Soccer League, et al. v. NFL- Successfully represented North American Soccer League in antitrust case striking down NFL ownership rules.
  • Guidry, et al. v. AFL, et al. - Successfully represented class of AFL players in antitrust case which established free agency in the AFL.
  • Belichick v. NFL, et al. - Represented NFL Head Coach in litigation over changing teams.
  • NFLPA v. NFL - Successfully represented NFLPA in challenge to provisions of NFL TV Contracts used to fund the NFL 2011 Lockout.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not my responsibility to explain them, that is for the investigators to do, and they failed. And on their own they offer very little overall. In fact none of them actually implicate anyone for anything.

You always need context when looking at things like that, and Well's fails to provide that, he simply jumps to what he thinks they mean.
You say that it's not your job to explain it.Mmmm seems to me if you claim they don't show he's guilty then you need to explain why.

Lets review them.

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_46_44%20PM.png

Reading this text, I get that Tom isn't happy with the air pressure in the balls. Agreed? So why is he complaining to the equipment guys who he claims he didn't know? Is it because he expects them to get the balls the way he likes them after the refs check them? Or was he just blowing off smoke about the refs not getting the air right to a couple of guys he claimed he didn't even know? You tell me. What makes sense here?

Well we both know the answer to that don't we?

Next one.

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_47_46%20PM.png

Love the part where Tom talks about all the pressure to get them done! You thinking it's a lot of pressure getting the balls right before or after the refs check the air pressure? That's right it's after, it's got to stressful as hell to break NFL rules. It surely not stressful to get the air pressure right before you hand them to the refs, is it?

Yeah these texts don't prove anything...if your a die hard homer. No netrual person is going to read them and go away thinking Brady is innocent here.

Next text.

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_50_24%20PM.png

Can't give you your needle...mmmm

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_51_05%20PM.png

Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks! By golly, Tom such a great dude, all you got to is ask and you shall receive.

Any body reading these texts and shrugging them off is nothing but a blind homer. They speak for themselves.

Tom Brady is a cheating SOB. Thinks he doesn't have to follow the rules if he doesn't like them.

We'll see how this plays out. If I was Kraft and the Pats, I would just take my medicine and shut the hell up.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that it's not your job to explain it.Mmmm seems to me if you claim they don't show he's guilty then you need to explain why.

Lets review them.

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_46_44%20PM.png

Reading this text, I get that Tom isn't happy with the air pressure in the balls. Agreed? So why is he complaining to the equipment guys who he claims he didn't know? Is it because he expects them to get the balls the way he likes them after the refs check them? Or was he just blowing off smoke about the refs not getting the air right to a couple of guys he claimed he didn't even know? You tell me. What makes sense here?

Well we both know the answer to that don't we?

Next one.

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_47_46%20PM.png

Love the part where Tom talks about all the pressure to get them done! You thinking it's a lot of pressure getting the balls right before or after the refs check the air pressure? That's right it's after, it's got to stressful as hell to break NFL rules. It surely not stressful to get the air pressure right before you hand them to the refs, is it?

Yeah these texts don't prove anything...if your a die hard homer. No netrual person is going to read them and go away thinking Brady is innocent here.

Next text.

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_50_24%20PM.png

Can't give you your needle...mmmm

Screenshot%20-%205_12_2015%20%206_51_05%20PM.png

Better be surrounded by cash and newkicks! By golly, Tom such a great dude, all you got to is ask and you shall receive.

Any body reading these texts and shrugging them off is nothing but a blind homer. They speak for themselves.

Tom Brady is a cheating SOB. Thinks he doesn't have to follow the rules if he doesn't like them.

We'll see how this plays out. If I was Kraft and the Pats, I would just take my medicine and shut the hell up.

You should watch this video, it's a great explanation of why you never talk to police, but more importantly in regards to investigations it shows how what is said can be twisted to mean whatever the investigator wants.

(You only need to watch the first 10-15 or so.)

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the context of the name?

Well I'm no rocket surgeon, but I think given this whole big deflating the balls fiasco and the equipment guy calling himself the deflator just looks incredibly suspicious and guilty. I believe you once said you are an attorney, or something like that, so you'd know that in a civil suit something like this might be enough to sway a jury to find a guilty verdict. Same with the NFL. Their burden of proof isn't as rigid as a criminal court. They just need to have enough circumstantial evidence to believe there was guilt and that's it.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady just hired the NFL slayer Jeffery Kessler.

His track record against the NFL and affiliated groups? Well lets just say they are real, and they are spectacular.

DeflateGate: Patriots Quarterback Tom Brady Hires Jeffrey Kessler; League In Trouble - Pats Pulpit

• McNeil, et al. v. NFL, et al. - Won jury verdict for NFL players striking down free agency restrictions under the antitrust laws. This victory led to the Reggie White class action, in which the free agency/salary cap system in the NFL was negotiated.
  • Brady v. NFL - Successfully represented a class of NFL players in an antitrust action which led to the end of the 2011 NFL lockout.
  • Players Inc. v. Gridiron and Athletes First - Successfully prosecuted two frontier IP litigations challenging the group use of NFL player images on websites.
  • City of Oakland and Alameda County, et al. v. Oakland Raiders - Obtained summary judgment on behalf of City of Oakland and Alameda County requiring Raiders to honor the team's stadium lease and remain in Oakland.
  • NBA and NFL arbitrations - Represented the players associations in numerous arbitrations involving player free agency rights, circumvention claims, collusion claims, and salary caps.
  • North American Soccer League, et al. v. NFL- Successfully represented North American Soccer League in antitrust case striking down NFL ownership rules.
  • Guidry, et al. v. AFL, et al. - Successfully represented class of AFL players in antitrust case which established free agency in the AFL.
  • Belichick v. NFL, et al. - Represented NFL Head Coach in litigation over changing teams.
  • NFLPA v. NFL - Successfully represented NFLPA in challenge to provisions of NFL TV Contracts used to fund the NFL 2011 Lockout.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm no rocket surgeon, but I think given this whole big deflating the balls fiasco and the equipment guy calling himself the deflator just looks incredibly suspicious and guilty. I believe you once said you are an attorney, or something like that, so you'd know that in a civil suit something like this might be enough to sway a jury to find a guilty verdict. Same with the NFL. Their burden of proof isn't as rigid as a criminal court. They just need to have enough circumstantial evidence to believe there was guilt and that's it.

I'm a roofer by trade, and I would never pretend to be a scummy lawyer. :nod:

It does look bad, I agree; however without the context it's useless as evidence.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the next collective bargaining agreement come up? In like 75% of the cases of discipline by the league office the players union has appealed it on behalf of the player. Because shit like this keeps coming out of the league offices where they just seem to make up rules as they go along.

That next collective bargaining agreement might be even messier than the last. The last one was just about money. This next one is going to be about power. The power to suspend, fine, and/or otherwise punish at their own discretion vs an outside agency doing independent arbitration.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and don't take offense to this, your logic is flawed.

A good attorney would also be able to sway the other direction regarding these texts.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does the next collective bargaining agreement come up? In like 75% of the cases of discipline by the league office the players union has appealed it on behalf of the player. Because shit like this keeps coming out of the league offices where they just seem to make up rules as they go along.

That next collective bargaining agreement might be even messier than the last. The last one was just about money. This next one is going to be about power. The power to suspend, fine, and/or otherwise punish at their own discretion vs an outside agency doing independent arbitration.

Excellent point.

If the NFLPA is wise, they will argue for a neutral party in all investigations. They can go through a list of names and decide upon one, or several, both sides agree would be fair.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a roofer by trade, and I would never pretend to be a scummy lawyer. :nod:

It does look bad, I agree; however without the context it's useless as evidence.

Fair enough it must have been some other Pats fan. Pretty sure someone said they "make arguments for a living".

None the less, you are right, we absolutely don't know 100% for sure what the context is, but most reasonable people can connect the dots. I know prosecutors in the past have taken what mobsters were saying while on the phone and then determined what they really were saying by breaking their mob lingo code. If they can make the connection that "taking a guy to the car wash" really meant "burying him in the desert" then I'm fairly certain they can look at "the Deflator's" texts and figure out, with reasonable certainty, what the context was. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll find out soon enough as this plays out over the next few weeks.