• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Reasons why an Appeal Overturns TB12 Suspension

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not easy when the Pats and Tom didn't give full cooperation. How are the texts not damning? He calls himself the deflator. He receives shoes as payment. Is it 100% smoking gun? Hell no, but anyone not biased can see there was tampering done.
Never suggested it wasn't damning. It is. Against the Jets.

Have to have at least a lil somethin to tie it in. Hell, even a pattern that goes to more than that one game. Add in any other week. Anything. That's all I'm saying.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom did cooperate, and we will see how the court rules on providing of ones personal phone.

We don't know the context of the text/s.

Shoes and other garb have been payments to the equipment guys for every team in the NFL going back several decades.

Anything else?
Like I've said, is it 100%? Nope

But to just sit here and act like nothing happened is just naive. I just hope this blows over soon, I am already sick of it taking up every sports radio and tv show.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm just keeping it real. That's kind of what I do. If I had an agenda against the Pats or their club I'd have sat on that.

It may prove he has been obsessed with balls in the past, but none of it answers the question asked by that commission.

If they recovered texts from 3 months prior, where are the texts from the rest of the season with more of it? They played 10 games AFTER those texts.

It's not quite a smoking gun folks. Just isn't.

The scientific part of the report determined that SOMEONE had doctored the balls during the AFCCG. That's a fact.

They determined that only a small group of people could have done that.

They found text messages from months ago where those same people talked about messing with air pressure in footballs (and getting bribed to do it).

Not a huge leap here.

I hope this goes to a judge. I'd love to see these guys under oath.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The scientific part of the report determined that SOMEONE had doctored the balls during the AFCCG. That's a fact.

They found text messages from months ago where those same people talked about messing with air pressure in footballs (and getting bribed to do it).

Not a huge leap here.

Again, the fact it was 11 games earlier with no other more damning information in between is a least a little troubling.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not a huge leap here.

Actually no it's not a fact.

Bribed? Yeah no.

I hope it goes to a juge as well. Worked out so well for the league last time. :pound:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By golly, Tom such a great dude, all you got to is ask and you shall receive.
Yea. He is such a great guy they only said "fuck Tom" 5 times.

He is such a cheating scumbag it's comical. He completely messed witht the integrity of the game. His legacy will be forever tarnished.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no it's not a fact.

Bribed? Yeah no.

I hope it goes to a juge as well. Worked out so well for the league last time. :pound:

The balls didn't deflate themselves...fact.

Bribed...yes...cash and new kicks

You know you want to see those emails and text messages on Brady's phone too, don't you? A judge could subpoena that. Plus, you'd put all these guys under oath with the threat of perjury on the line...they'd be singing like canaries. Oh, and because of the history of the Patriots cheating scandals, you'd be able to get a bunch of people under oath about Spygate as well. This would be the best thing to happen to the other 31 teams in the league all offseason.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm hearing are a bunch of excuses from pats fans or sympathizers...brady didn't have to turn over his phone they made arrangements for his lawyer to send the texts and he still declined! Why? If he had nothing to hide why...especially if that would get him off the hook and keep his legacy intact. No rational human would obstruct the get out of jail free card...instead he's going to allow his agent to dig a deeper hole comical.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in AZ. As a responsible gun owner, I have ZERO problem with firearms.

However I do have a problem when you mix firearms with alcohol.
Not if you drink responsibly.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the league reducing the picks or the fine but I could see them bending and reducing Brady's suspension by a game or two.

Agreed.

It will take a Federal judge -- or an arbitrator mandated by same -- to completely eliminate Brady's suspension. Fortunately for Brady, the NFL's recent win rate in such cases is approximately 0%.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's actually already been widely reported that giving gear to the equipment staff is common practice through the whole league going back many decades.

Ooh, a fact. Be careful. Facts aren't welcome in this discussion.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooh, a fact. Be careful. Facts aren't welcome in this discussion.

How old are you?

They will get embarrassed if they proceed to fight the NFL on this. The Patriots will lose the case. It's plain and simple folks, you are NOT allowed to modify the game ball to your liking. Brady is getting off easy with this. He's lucky to even be in the league still. Shut your mouth Tom and be grateful you only got a suspension. Goes for Kraft too. Something needs to be done about that man.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more evidence against Brady than Hernandez.

Again I ask -- if there's all this evidence against Brady, how come almost none of it was in the 243 page Wells report?