• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

10 Reasons why an Appeal Overturns TB12 Suspension

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walked you thru the texts already, not going to do it again. Sorry to see you getting cranky and what not.

You didn't walk through anything. You posted the same version of no context Well's did.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the more reason why Brady not giving investigators access to his phone makes him look more guilty in the court of public opinion. Right or wrong it gives the impression he's got something to hide. Not saying he does, but that is what it ends up looking like.

Court of public opinion yes, mostly because said court isn't well informed.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing, huh Harold?

Amazing!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady already has a lawyer. Why would an innocent guy need such a "big gun" lawyer instead of his usual guy? It almost makes him look more guilty in a way.
More guilty than just a 4 game suspension?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Court of public opinion yes, mostly because said court isn't well informed.

True enough but that is where we live. I think the court of public opinion ended up costing Tiger Woods about half a billion in endorsements. Ask Bill Cosby what he thinks about the court of public opinion, or Kobe, or Mike Tyson, or.....never mind. It appears to only affect black dudes. Tom will be fine.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True enough but that is where we live. I think the court of public opinion ended up costing Tiger Woods about half a billion in endorsements. Ask Bill Cosby what he thinks about the court of public opinion, or Kobe, or Mike Tyson, or.....never mind. It appears to only affect black dudes. Tom will be fine.

:eek:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed you seem to be unable to refute anthing in the article. Hmmmm wonder why that is?:scratch:

:pound::pound::pound:

You've said that AT LEAST 20 times. Verbatim. Why do you keep repeating that same thing?

No. One. Cares.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I walked you thru the texts already, not going to do it again. Sorry to see you getting cranky and what not.

I'm feeling lazy so I'm lifting from the article.

"#9 Wells Report Labels Texts Undermining Case a ‘Joke,’ Texts Buttressing Case Dead Serious

When the text messages of Patriots employees undermine Wells’s case, they joke. When the texts support Wells’s case, the texters display unmistakable earnestness. So, when ball handler Jim McNally threatens (pp. 5, 13, 77, 78) to overinflate pigskins to the size of a “rugby ball,” a “watermelon,” or a “balloon,” he clearly jests, according to Wells, as he does (pp. 15, 80) when he says, “The only thing deflating sun..is [Brady’s] passing rating.” But when he calls himself, in the same chain of texts, the “deflator,” he writes in all seriousness even if in a “joking tone,” according to Wells. In every instance, the language dismissed as “jokes” undermines the case and the language seized upon as serious, which appears as a reading-between-the-lines reach, suggests guilt. When the beleaguered ball handlers insist the texts represent kidding around, Wells (p. 80) states: “We do not view these explanations as plausible or consistent with common sense.” All kidding aside, the interpretation says more about the interpreters than the interpreted."

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've said that AT LEAST 20 times. Verbatim. Why do you keep repeating that same thing?

No. One. Cares.

Why do you keep posting debunked anti-Patriots propaganda?

I'm leaning page views, but you certainly could explain to the class an alternative reason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm feeling lazy so I'm lifting from the article.

"#9 Wells Report Labels Texts Undermining Case a ‘Joke,’ Texts Buttressing Case Dead Serious

When the text messages of Patriots employees undermine Wells’s case, they joke. When the texts support Wells’s case, the texters display unmistakable earnestness. So, when ball handler Jim McNally threatens (pp. 5, 13, 77, 78) to overinflate pigskins to the size of a “rugby ball,” a “watermelon,” or a “balloon,” he clearly jests, according to Wells, as he does (pp. 15, 80) when he says, “The only thing deflating sun..is [Brady’s] passing rating.” But when he calls himself, in the same chain of texts, the “deflator,” he writes in all seriousness even if in a “joking tone,” according to Wells. In every instance, the language dismissed as “jokes” undermines the case and the language seized upon as serious, which appears as a reading-between-the-lines reach, suggests guilt. When the beleaguered ball handlers insist the texts represent kidding around, Wells (p. 80) states: “We do not view these explanations as plausible or consistent with common sense.” All kidding aside, the interpretation says more about the interpreters than the interpreted."
More deflection. Tell you what, address my remarks under each text, then we can have a coherent discussion.

All these remarks you you make about context, I don't get. It a conversation between the equipment guys about Brady fetish with the balls. What more context do you want? Explain please.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More deflection. Tell you what, address my remarks under each text, then we can have a coherent discussion.

All these remarks you you make about context, I don't get. It a conversation between the equipment guys about Brady fetish with the balls. What more context do you want? Explain please.

So you can't refute the flaws in the Well's investigation regarding texts. Got it!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can't refute the flaws in the Well's investigation regarding texts. Got it!
Got it. You can't explain away those texts.

As for when they were joking and when they were serious in the texts. I agree with the report. It's really not hard to see the difference.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. You can't explain away those texts.

As for when they were joking and when they were serious in the texts. I agree with the report. It's really not hard to see the difference.

Why do they have to be explained away, how about the investigation explain them? They tried and they were easily refuted.

The texts mean nothing really, and will prove as such.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing, huh Harold?

Amazing!
Hell, I handed him the best argument anyone has given in days and he threw it right back at me. They aren't even smart enough to figure out when people are helping them. :L

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I handed him the best argument anyone has given in days and he threw it right back at me. They aren't even smart enough to figure out when people are helping them. :L

You were doing nothing of the sort.