• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14 - Matt Barkley: Part Three (Bears at Lions Game-Thread)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kwiatkoski is a player man

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck this man. Bull shit PI call, and this D just shits the bed.

Barkley INT upcoming. You ready? I guarantee it.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THEY HAVE BEEN MUGGING FLOYD ALL GAME. NOT ONE MOTHERFUCKING FLAG. THEN THIS HORSESHIT.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a bunch of bullshit.

Barkley played great, and whoever says otherwise can go fuck themselves. Bellamy couldn't shine my fucking shoes without fucking it up.

Those refs should be flogged. What a fucking joke.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been the worst crew in the league this season. They did not disappoint.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Detroit, they will go nowhere. They ain't shit.

The ONLY fucking positive things they did on offense all fucking day, was 3 bullshit PI's to put them into scoring position.

Fuck this game so hard.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could call holding on every single fucking play of every fucking game that's ever been and ever will be played, and those cocksuckers call that fucking shit at that fucking point of the game? What fucking ever. And Bellamy sucks so fucking hard.

I'm all in on Barkley. I love the way the kid plays.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the season is over, and this game didn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things, but that was one of the harder pills to swallow...Bears should've won that game, and I have said that shit too many goddamned times this year.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the season is over, and this game didn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things, but that was one of the harder pills to swallow...Bears should've won that game, and I have said that shit too many goddamned times this year.

Yeah, I'm in a really bad mood, and I didn't expect to take this loss so hard. However, I also didn't expect to get fucking robbed like that. Jesus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect game. Barkley showed he can be the man, Howard showed he is the man, Floyd showed he can dominate a man and his friends. And we lost. PERFECT. I want to beat GB bad then play good and then lose the rest.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the obvious annoyance stated, I am excited for this team. I can't wait to see em' finish.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley is showing he can protect the football and drop in some nice passes. The question is how much is he going to want to stay, hopefully its in the 2-3 million range betting on himself. I really want to get excited for the defense, the hitting, but in reality, most of these backers and corners might make special teams or not be here next season. They stopped feeding Howard, and the reason these lions wont go too far in the playoffs is those DB's, so I can see the urge to go after them, but sure seemed like howard could have broken another 6 long ones.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got jobbed by the referees in this game.

At this point I would rather have a loss though. Each loss gives us a bigger advantage in the draft. And Pace looks like he can draft really well. The rookies on the team this year are really looking good.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley is showing he can protect the football and drop in some nice passes. The question is how much is he going to want to stay, hopefully its in the 2-3 million range betting on himself. I really want to get excited for the defense, the hitting, but in reality, most of these backers and corners might make special teams or not be here next season. They stopped feeding Howard, and the reason these lions wont go too far in the playoffs is those DB's, so I can see the urge to go after them, but sure seemed like howard could have broken another 6 long ones.

They never stopped feeding Howard. Not until they had to on the last drive.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Each loss gives us a bigger advantage in the draft.
Fudge, not to pile on, but I think this is a draft fallacy.
Top draft picks don't always pan out.
Cleveland always seems to be near the top of the draft. They stink.
Patriots, Steelers, Packers and others have proven that you don't need top picks.
You just need to hit on the picks you get.

I do agree that I like the way Pace has picked.

Last edited:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots, Steelers, Packers and others have proven that you don't need top picks.

Exactly. It's not where you draft, it's how you draft.

Winning games and playing good football is never a bad thing. Period.

Only way I can see truly wanting to lose, is if there is a Peyton/Luck type of QB available and a loss is guaranteed to net you the #1 pick.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand that, but picking earlier means we have a better shot at the players pace wants without trading up. It's a humongous advantage to be near the top in each round. What advantage does winning give us right now? Would it make you feel better if we finish the season 5-11 rather than 3-13?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a humongous advantage to be near the top in each round. What advantage does winning give us right now? Would it make you feel better if we finish the season 5-11 rather than 3-13?
That's where I disagree.
I don't think any position in the draft benefits a team more. Or creates a huge disadvantage.
I get that I may be on an island here.
I'm sure some will argue they'd rather have a top-10 pick rather than the last 10 picks in the first round.
And I don't want to repeat what I said above, but that is the gist of my stance.
A top-10 pick is no guarantee for success.
Plus there are other factors involved too...
Such as team needs; position strengths in the draft itself; not to mention talent vs character issues.

To me it's not as simple as getting a top pick, and drafting a college standout.
And at this point, we look to get a top-10 pick. Will it really matter if it's pick 5 or 7? Not to me.

I think it's good we agree that Pace will do his homework.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's where I disagree.
I don't think any position in the draft benefits a team more. Or creates a huge disadvantage.
I get that I may be on an island here.
I'm sure some will argue they'd rather have a top-10 pick rather than the last 10 picks in the first round.
And I don't want to repeat what I said above, but that is the gist of my stance.
A top-10 pick is no guarantee for success.
Plus there are other factors involved too...
Such as team needs; position strengths in the draft itself; not to mention talent vs character issues.

To me it's not as simple as getting a top pick, and drafting a college standout.
And at this point, we look to get a top-10 pick. Will it really matter if it's pick 5 or 7? Not to me.

I think it's good we agree that Pace will do his homework.
You bring up the Steelers, Patriots, and Packers, but that's unfair. Those teams have HOF QBs that make their entire team better. That's a HUGE deal in today's NFL. Without Rodgers, the packers are shit and competing with us as the worst team in the NFC north. Without Big Ben, the Steelers are terrible. Without Brady, I seriously doubt the Pats win all of those Super Bowls.

I understand that some teams can and do get good players late, but what would the patriots, Steelers, or Packers do if they had a top pick? I think they would get even better. You also bring up the browns (another team desperate for a great QB) That's unfair too because they just suck as a franchise. Take the Lions for instance when they drafted a WR in the first round 4 out of 5 years. That's incredibly stupid and good franchises don't do that. If Pace keeps drafting like he has, maybe we can get into that elite category. However, if he keeps drafting this way we will not have picks this high again.

Would the cowboys be as good if they didnt suck it up last year earning them Zeke with the fourth pick? I seriously doubt it. Would Atlanta be in the hunt if they didn't have julio because they sucked? I don't even think they would have a winning record.

I'm not saying we should tank every year, but getting the best draft position possible while we are still terrible with no hope of the playoffs only makes sense. We have nothing to gain from winning. Absolutely nothing. I'm also not saying Fox should tell the team to tank, that would just stunt the growth of the young players. But getting every advantage we can is what we as fans should be wanting now that a playoff berth is impossible. Even if we don't use our early pick, it gives us even better trade bait. If we lose, it means better assets for our front office to use. Yeah, the patriots, packers, and Steelers don't need those picks to be good, but they sure as hell would use that opportunity to turn those picks into even better players than what they get with their usual picks.

This upcoming draft is crucial for the bears, because I seriously doubt they'll be picking this early again for a while. I'm not aware of the players coming out for this draft, but picking 3rd rather than 7th could be the difference between getting that franchise left tackle we so sorely need or a shut down corner that would solidify the defense rather than just getting a pretty good player that can contribute. it just gives the FO better tools to succeed.

Last edited: