• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 13 - Matt Barkley: Part Duex (Bears vs Niners GAME THREAD)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to point out, that Tennessee is no slouch. Are they going to the Super Bowl? No, obviously not, but they did annihilate the Packers just 2 weeks before playing the Bears. We all know that should have been a W for the Bears, and most the credit for that, deservedly should go to Barkley.

Again, he could fall off the face of the Earth the next 4 weeks...I just liked what I've seen of him these last 2 weeks. That's all. Not anointing him, or dubbing him a Knight...just liked what I saw. Best two games of the season by a Bears QB, and maybe even the last few seasons. (Again, admittedly against "poor" teams)

A slouch of a team? No. However, their pass defense is 26th in the NFL. That's pretty "slouchy". Their secondary is regarded as one of the worst in football.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody is anointing him anything, most of us just want to see a few competent quarterbacks in camp next year and the best man win the job. No more of this bullshit of playing 2 series in the first two games, then three series, then nothing when nothing is being accomplished when the offense has come out stinking up the joint the first quarter of the season. Who cares about giving stuff away, its all in the execution.

Bellamy is reminding me of Brandon Lloyd except he tries to make the routine extraordinary instead of just catching the tough ones.

I've never seen an NFL guy do what Bellamy does. He leaves his feet EVERY single time there's a ball thrown his way. He dropped those balls yesterday, jumping/diving when he could have just caught them in stride. That ball in the end zone he dropped vs Tennessee, it literally smoked him in the chest... but he jumped in the air?

It's a weird habit.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also like to point out, that Tennessee is no slouch. Are they going to the Super Bowl? No, obviously not, but they did annihilate the Packers just 2 weeks before playing the Bears. We all know that should have been a W for the Bears, and most the credit for that, deservedly should go to Barkley.

Again, he could fall off the face of the Earth the next 4 weeks...I just liked what I've seen of him these last 2 weeks. That's all. Not anointing him, or dubbing him a Knight...just liked what I saw. Best two games of the season by a Bears QB, and maybe even the last few seasons. (Again, admittedly against "poor" teams)

I'm in the same boat. It's more Noon who I am speaking about anointing him.

I like the way he has played too, and I am looking forward to the game vs Detroit.

We actually have a chance to play spoiler, potentially in every game down the stretch here. We'll definitely get a look at Barkley playing in December games with big implications. Even if it isn't for the Bears.

If we would have lost yesterday, I could see fans still wanting to lose for the #2 overall pick. However, at this point... don't you just want to see your young guys play good football and your young QB build some confidence? I think that's more important.

I would also love to play a big role in deciding the North.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stick my name to it Richig and remember it well. I noonthirtyjoe am anointing Barkley the great as our QB of the future. I'm just a guy sitting on a couch so I can anoint him if I want too. He has already outplayed every QB that I ever seen in a Bears uni. He should made to throw with his other arm to be fair to the rest of the league. The reason he does not run? because Barkley's do not run from anything. He could tho, he is so fast he was born just mere moments after conception.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen an NFL guy do what Bellamy does. He leaves his feet EVERY single time there's a ball thrown his way. He dropped those balls yesterday, jumping/diving when he could have just caught them in stride. That ball in the end zone he dropped vs Tennessee, it literally smoked him in the chest... but he jumped in the air?

It's a weird habit.
I was saying the same thing during the game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well stick my name to it Richig and remember it well. I noonthirtyjoe am anointing Barkley the great as our QB of the future. I'm just a guy sitting on a couch so I can anoint him if I want too. He has already outplayed every QB that I ever seen in a Bears uni. He should made to throw with his other arm to be fair to the rest of the league. The reason he does not run? because Barkley's do not run from anything. He could tho, he is so fast he was born just mere moments after conception.

I'm glad I finished reading the entire post, allowing me to realize the hyperbole.

Look... I like Barkley. I just think we have to keep things in perspective.

This side of the millennium, I have witnessed the following QB's anointed possible QB's of the future after a small sample size of solid play:

Chad Hutchison
Rex Grossman
Kyle Orton
Jay Cutler
Jimmy Clausen (Remember how fans reacted to that game vs DET in 2014? lol)
Jay Cutler (again)
And now... Matt Barkley

Now... I am by no means insinuating that any of former's failures have anything to do with what the future has in store for Barkley. I am simply saying, that Bears fans are the quickest to jump on a QB's jock-strap upon the first sign of anything positive. Then, they're the first to throw em' to the wolves at the first sign of trouble. History tells us that we're not exactly the most level-headed fan-base. That's for sure.

If Cutler played the way Barkley did vs Tennessee, we'd be saying he looked like shit, ripping on him for the two forced INT's and rightfully so. If he played the way Barkley did vs SF, we probably would just be praising Howard for another big game and not even touching on QB play. I do understand the difference between evaluating a young QB in his 2nd start and a 100 million dollar vet. I'm just pointing out that he has by no means lit the world on fire.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley has 4 games left. If he continues on his current path then my hyperbowl post will become a real post. I really like what I am seeing. I don't care if it was against bad teams. I'm not watching the stats but the player and his decisions and progressions. The guy was considered the top QB in the country coming out of HS. He was considered the top QB in college before a injury. He never got a real shot in the pro's. He never got 1st string reps as a pro until two weeks ago. I'm not 100% sold yet but I see the things I want in a QB. And I would love to use that early draft pick on a DE or CB.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barkley has 4 games left. If he continues on his current path then my hyperbowl post will become a real post. I really like what I am seeing. I don't care if it was against bad teams. I'm not watching the stats but the player and his decisions and progressions. The guy was considered the top QB in the country coming out of HS. He was considered the top QB in college before a injury. He never got a real shot in the pro's. He never got 1st string reps as a pro until two weeks ago. I'm not 100% sold yet but I see the things I want in a QB. And I would love to use that early draft pick on a DE or CB.
Even at this limited point, I think he as earned a trip to camp.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, no doubt about that. He's at the very least earned an opportunity to be our backup next season. He'll also most likely be the single cheapest option possible, even much more so than Hoyer. Even if only for that alone, I'm hoping he pans out enough to at least be a stop-gap option.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I'm hoping he pans out gold.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too at this point. But if he plays good the next 4 I think he earns real consideration to be the QB next year. .

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too at this point. But if he plays good the next 4 I think he earns real consideration to be the QB next year. .

Oh dude, if he plays well against Detroit and Green Bay, I'm buying his fucking jersey. :lol: