• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week Payback, Bears vs Lions

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are showing promise onnce again.......which brings us back to Fields,loved his rushing game,but some od tjose passes he over threw a wide open Moore and and another wide open reciever......things like that would not bother me as much if he didnt have that problem......
Against good teams(not named Detroit) will be huge if he cant hit tjose guys.....
I'm less concerned about missing passes than him holding onto the ball too long. Neither action is good, but to me it's easier to clean up easy missed throws than it is not able to get rid of the ball when needed.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's time for us - and that definitely includes me - to come around and say the Bears aren't as bad as we usually make them out to be.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's time for us - and that definitely includes me - to come around and say the Bears aren't as bad as we usually make them out to be.

Sweat has made a tremendous impact on our defense. Poles nailed it with that move…at least for now.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweat has made a tremendous impact on our defense. Poles nailed it with that move…at least for now.
We can argue till the cows come home as to whether or not Poles overpaid Sweat with that contract extention. What can't be denied is the impact Sweat has made on the DL, the pass rush. and the overall defense.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm less concerned about missing passes than him holding onto the ball too long. Neither action is good, but to me it's easier to clean up easy missed throws than it is not able to get rid of the ball when needed.

It probablly just me nit-picking because Ive been wanting Fields to succeed so bad and it hasnt,that Im just finding flaws......
All qbs overthrow players,its not just JF.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got 4 more weeks of JF to showcase his talents and a big one coming up at Cleveland and that A+ def they got.........
He passes with flying colors,I believe he has a good chance of staying put....he tanks,,then I believe hes trade bait......

As the Bears qb turns......

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears are showing promise onnce again.......which brings us back to Fields,loved his rushing game,but some od tjose passes he over threw a wide open Moore and and another wide open reciever......things like that would not bother me as much if he didnt have that problem......
Against good teams(not named Detroit) will be huge if he cant hit tjose guys.....
there was a comment referring to goff when they slo mo'd one of his throws that was two inches from Edwards knocking it down, past a CB and on a safety where he mentioned, thats not open in college. I thought that was a great call for the Fields game. NFL open is something Fields is just a little unclear about. Sure, it keeps his interceptions down, but leaves great plays on the field too.
Just starting to wonder if anything he does is going to be good enough that we actually see steps going forward without the two steps back. You want great receivers, you gotta feed them and that means taking some chances.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are still trash. They just got lucky this year. I’m half expecting a collapse like the one they had with Jon Kitna at QB.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are still trash. They just got lucky this year. I’m half expecting a collapse like the one they had with Jon Kitna at QB.

From what was very promising from the end of last season to the middle of this season,they were killin it.....now,looks like they are back to being the Lions.....

I just hope they play well enuff rest of the season to keep GB from winning the division.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what was very promising from the end of last season to the middle of this season,they were killin it.....now,looks like they are back to being the Lions.....

I just hope they play well enuff rest of the season to keep GB from winning the division.......
They have a tough four games remaining against the suddenly hot Broncos, then the Vikings, Cowboys, and Vikings again. If they split these remaining four games, then they'll finish exactly as I predicted at the start of the season. But the way they're playing lately, I'm not sure they'll even split them.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice win and Fields had another good game.
He's definitely playing better of late, but in all honesty, it's the defense that's been the catalyst behind our recent success. Detroit has struggled in recent weeks, but they still have a powerful offense, and for us to have limited them to just 267 net yards yesterday really says a lot about our D.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's definitely playing better of late, but in all honesty, it's the defense that's been the catalyst behind our recent success. Detroit has struggled in recent weeks, but they still have a powerful offense, and for us to have limited them to just 267 net yards yesterday really says a lot about our D.
You see Brisker had 17 tackles? Crazy stat line.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol - we're one game back of GB for final Wild Card spot (and play them). That's insane.

I realize there's a group of teams in between us, but ATL is one and we play them, too.

Honestly, this season is sort of a fucking shame. The games we UTTERLY BLEW vs Denver/Detroit and two others vs MIN/NO that we absolutely had in our grasps to win if we wanted it.

We talk about how much this team sucks and they definitely used to. But with the D healthy/performing and the offense on a decent track (mostly the run game). They don't suck right now. Like, for real, they don't.

It's kind of painful looking back. Should be 7-6, at the very least. If we just close the games out vs DET/DEN. We're 7-6 with Detroit at 8-5. Plus, we own H2H tiebreaker.

This has been an odd Bears season. One second I'm resigning to the tank. The next I'm sitting around going "holy shit! We should have won those games!".

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always nice making the cut on angry runs for a cherry on top of a week. This week, Darnell Wright, for picking up that possible fumble and trucking that lion. He went right down after that, but just love to see it. Kyle said maybe there are some carries for him in the future.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a zillion stories and opinions on the Bears upset over the Lions this week, but this one focuses on Lucas Patrick's timing of the snap that led to the go ahead TD:

Two other interesting tidbits:

*The Bears have generated 11 takeaways, including nine interceptions, in their last three games, the most in both categories in the NFL during that span. In addition, the 11 takeaways are their most in a three-game stretch since they also had 11 in Weeks 2-4 in 2013.
*T.J. Edwards leads the defense with 129 tackles, seven tackles-for-loss and two fumble recoveries. He has also registered two interceptions, 2.0 sacks, one forced fumble and four pass breakups. Talk about the ultimate steal of a free agent signing!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally agree. However, there's no one who is capable of catching them, IMO. Minnesota is just about dead. The Dobbs magic crashed and burned (predictably). They've scored 13 points in their last two games. Green Bay blew any chance with their loss on MNF to NYG.

If we wouldn't have blown that other game against them. We'd be two back with H2H tiebreaker (essentially 1.5). I would give us a shot.

But alas - we fuckered that one away.