• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

49ers v. Lions - NFCCG

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo update...and it's real good news.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna say this, I’ve been going back and forth with an idiot at work and how he says SF ranks 25th in rushing since a certain week and how he can’t wait to see Purdy get his shit pushed in and he says I’m delusional cause I told him Detroit pass D is bottom 5-10 and GB had 2 big runs that got them most of their rushing yards last week. He better fucking pray that Deebo isn’t healthy and playing cause if so, Detroit’s pass D better fucking pray. Rant over

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m gonna say this, I’ve been going back and forth with an idiot at work and how he says SF ranks 25th in rushing since a certain week and how he can’t wait to see Purdy get his shit pushed in and he says I’m delusional cause I told him Detroit pass D is bottom 5-10 and GB had 2 big runs that got them most of their rushing yards last week. He better fucking pray that Deebo isn’t healthy and playing cause if so, Detroit’s pass D better fucking pray. Rant over
I hate the "Can't wait to see Purdy suck like I said" crowd. He's been fantastic all season and people keep doubting him. He will have one bad game and they will act like they were right all along.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the "Can't wait to see Purdy suck like I said" crowd. He's been fantastic all season and people keep doubting him. He will have one bad game and they will act like they were right all along.
Exactly. Not like every other Qb in the league hasn't had a few bad games in the season. Out of their first 17 starts, just think about the worst games thrown by Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Herbert, etc. But no one wants to talk about those games b/c those Qbs "just are" great. Didn't matter what weapons the QB had, who they were playing, or the bad plays they made. Those other guys are just great. In the eyes of so many out there, Purdy literally cannot be anywhere better than average. No matter what he does.

We just saw Purdy outplay Love, yet Love's "success" and "potential" was the story and Purdy "struggled" all day despite conducting the perfect game winning drive and Love throwing the game losing picks.

If Purdy succeeds against the Lions, it'll be b/c the Lions pass defense is weak and b/c of Purdy's weapons. If he fails, the message will be "see, I told you he wasn't any good." That's a no-win situation. In the eyes of a lot of these media personalities and former athletes (Cowherd, Nick Wrong, etc.), He literally can't win no matter what he does.

Last edited:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i only seen two bad games from purdy,the ravens and bengals.he had a not so good game in cleveland,but the kicker missed the fg after he drove them down the field.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i only seen two bad games from purdy,the ravens and bengals.he had a not so good game in cleveland,but the kicker missed the fg after he drove them down the field.
Exactly right. Two of his bad games, he still drove the team down the field when needed. One ended with a winning TD, the other a missed FG

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have to admit, I'm less confident now than I was before the Packers game. I've been a big Purdy supporter all year but he looked off last game and the defense was terrible against the run and QB pressures.

Some key things need to improve and we win easy.
1. Purdy being accurate like he was all year.
2. The defense avoiding penalties to hurt us (Thomas)
3. The defense doing better against the run
4. Defense getting to Goff
5. Shanahan not having a stinker with decisions.

If we avoid making mistakes in those areas like against the Packers, we will win by 10+ imo. If we look like we did last week, Lions will win. They will take advantage where the Packers couldn't on our mistakes.
It's the same formula for all of this year, don't turn it over and avoid the bad penalties. Limit your own mistakes and we'll win.

Don't leave it up to bad zebra calls nor a missed field goal, limit mistakes and we'll win.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The defensive gameplan worries me more than the offensive one! How will Wilks slow down the explosive Lions offense? We might see Ward travel to cover St.Brown on most downs. We might play the deep shell coverage for the early part of the game to keep everything in front of us, but If I were Detroit, I might actually go 3 and 4 WR most downs just to force 3rd and 4th DBs into the field. Make guys like Oliver, Thomas, and Luter cover someone.

If the Niner front can't get any pass pressure, we're gonna be in trouble. It'll be a shootout. Time for Bosa, Young, and Gregory to show up!
Yes, as in all games our defense needs to apply pressure and get some sacks. The sacks have clearly been lacking even with Chase Young and Javon Hargrave.

Anyway, Wilks doesn't blitz much taking advantage of Bosa and friends, but he should add a few in the the 1st half. You make the OG and C prove they can hold up and if not, Goff is disrupted. Even if they don't get the sack, you force them to keep the RB in or reduce one receiver going out. In the 2nd half, even a fake LB blitz will force them to keep the RB in.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess I just have more confidence in Fred and Dre to get the guys up for it. The defense improved as the game went on against GB. The offense just can't put us in a hole early.
The offense definitely have to start better and end up scoring more than 24 points. No one expects Purdy to start off as bad.

The defense did play better than it felt right after the game. After the game it felt like GB "ran all over us", but one run play accounted for over 50 yards by Aaron Jones. He got free because of that TERRIBLE angle by Logan Ryan so that run stat is deceiving. There were a few longer completions that might've broken up if Logan Ryan played it better?

ST's doesn't need to be fabulous, just don't give up anything. Play them 'even' and we'll be fine.

Apparently Detroit likes the short and medium passing routes, which is good. This is why Wilks said 'shut down' their run game and force them to pass. Not saying this style of offense can't do damage, but this makes their drives take a little bit longer.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s exactly how’s it been with this moron I talk to daily.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd expect the Lions DC to camp Hutchinson out against McKivitz at RT all day or even move him inside over RG at times. Those are our weakest pass protectors.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just WOW?!!!! Detroit couldn't keep the momentum and let the 49ers seize it. One bounce here, one bounce there and WALLAH!

We'll take the win for sure and enjoy it the next two weeks. Are there things to complain about.....yes for sure but lets enjoy the win first.

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing second half! The defense turned it on and the offense bailed them out after that first half performance. It really looked like the team was playing tight and nervous in the first half but snapped out of it.

Purdy shut up any doubters tonight. The only ones still saying he's a game manager are trolls. He made play after play either in the air or with his legs. With the game on the line, he came through every time.

The run defense needs to figure it out these next two weeks. KC is playing like the best team in the league and they have the experience to know what it takes to win the SB..

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Purdy's stat line to L.Jackson and all the talking heads today would be talking about how Jackson was the hero of the weekend that made all these big plays.