• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4: Bears vs Lions GAME THREAD

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game-Time Forecast: Temps mid-60's, winds around 10 MPH, cloudy and a 20% chance of rain

Chicago Bears injury report 9/30/16

RB Ka’Deem Carey (hamstring) - Doubtful
NT Eddie Goldman (ankle) - Doubtful
QB Jay Cutler (thumb) - Doubtful
RB Jeremy Langford (ankle) - Doubtful
LB Danny Trevathan (thumb) - Doubtful

S Harold Jones-Quartey (concussion) -Questionable
DE Jonathan Bullard (toe) - Questionable
WR Alshon Jeffery (hamstring) - Questionable
DB Sherrick McManis (hamstring) - Questionable
CB Tracy Porter (knee) - Questionable
G Josh Sitton (shoulder) - Questionable
LB Willie Young (knee) - Questionable

Detroit Lions game status 9/30/16

DE Ezekiel Ansah (ankle) - Out
LB DeAndre Levy (quad) - Out

DE Wallace Gilberry (abdomen) - Questionable

LB Antwione Williams (hamstring) - Questionable
WR Marvin Jones (hamstring) - Questionable
TE Eric Ebron (ankle) - Questionable
S Tavon Wilson (neck) - Questionable
CB Adairius Barnes (ankle) - Questionable
T Riley Reiff (ankle) - Questionable
DE Devin Taylor (ankle) - Questionable

Well... this looks like as good of an opportunity as we'll have this year, to bust out of our embarrassingly bad funk at home. We're banged up, but so are they. This won't be a pretty football game, but if the D can make a couple of plays. I think we'll be in it at the end.

Looking forward to seeing how Jordan Howard will fair in his first career start.

:suds:

I really just want to see this team compete today and make some plays. Seeing as I have forgotten what a Bears win feels like... that'd be a nice stunt to see them pull off.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game-Time Forecast: Temps mid-60's, winds around 10 MPH, cloudy and a 20% chance of rain

Well... this looks like as good of an opportunity as we'll have this year, to bust out of our embarrassingly bad funk at home. We're banged up, but so are they. This won't be a pretty football game, but if the D can make a couple of plays. I think we'll be in it at the end.

Looking forward to seeing how Jordan Howard will fair in his first career start.

:suds:

I really just want to see this team compete today and make some plays. Seeing as I have forgotten what a Bears win feels like... that'd be a nice stunt to see them pull off.

I think a heavy dose of Howard is our only shot. Long, time-consuming drives. Keep their O on the sideline.

I predict that he never looks back, and assumes the starting role going forward.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a heavy dose of Howard is our only shot. Long, time-consuming drives. Keep their O on the sideline.

I predict that he never looks back, and assumes the starting role going forward.

I agree. I don't think Langford ever regains the job. I drafted and stashed him on my fantasy team's bench, because I figured this may occur at some point this season. I just didn't think his opportunity would come so soon. I've liked him in his limited action, and I'm interested to see what he can really do.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I don't think Langford ever regains the job. I drafted and stashed him on my fantasy team's bench, because I figured this may occur at some point this season. I just didn't think his opportunity would come so soon. I've liked him in his limited action, and I'm interested to see what he can really do.

Me too. He seems like a no-nonsense runner. Pick the right hole, and get downhill.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couch sitters and former High School jocks who think they could still "do that" are notorious for saying the following:

EVERYONE has Injuries! YOU need to play through that shit! Injuries shouldn't matter, it's just an EXCUSE!!! Let's look at what the current injuries actually mean for our Chicago Bears right now.

The projected Starters from 2-3 months ago: OUT are the guys in RED, Questionable are the guys in Blue.
OLB: McPhee, Houston
OLB: Young, Floyd(R), Acho
DE: Hicks, Washington
DE: Unrein, Bullard(R)
NT: Goldman, Sutton
ILB: Freeman, Kwiatkoski(R), Timu
ILB: Trevathan, Jones
CB: Fuller, McManis, Callahan,
CB: Porter, Glen(R), Hall(R)
S: HJQ, Bush(R)
S: Amos, Prosinski, Houston-Carson(R)

Just seeing all the Red & Blue... It's not promising. Also looking at the experience level of the guys that will play... A bunch of rookies and 2nd year players with some journeyman vets thrown in. I'm not confident with the defense.

Sutton at NT alone is really scary. The whole d-line rotation is going to really hurt today. One thing I'm 100% sure of... The offense will get the brunt of the blame.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couch sitters and former High School jocks who think they could still "do that" are notorious for saying the following:

EVERYONE has Injuries! YOU need to play through that shit! Injuries shouldn't matter, it's just an EXCUSE!!! Let's look at what the current injuries actually mean for our Chicago Bears right now.

The projected Starters from 2-3 months ago: OUT are the guys in RED, Questionable are the guys in Blue.

Just seeing all the Red & Blue... It's not promising. Also looking at the experience level of the guys that will play... A bunch of rookies and 2nd year players with some journeyman vets thrown in. I'm not confident with the defense.

Sutton at NT alone is really scary. The whole d-line rotation is going to really hurt today. One thing I'm 100% sure of... The offense will get the brunt of the blame.

Yeah, the D being this banged up is really a bummer. It looked like a bright spot the first game and a half. They kept us in both games until the injury bug just ravaged us in the second half of the Philly game.

Was looking forward to seeing them come on this year. There's a lot of pieces there. Luckily Houston is the only one badly hurt. However, when the others get back, it will likely be too late to salvage anything.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the D being this banged up is really a bummer. It looked like a bright spot the first game and a half. They kept us in both games until the injury bug just ravaged us in the second half of the Philly game.

Was looking forward to seeing them come on this year. There's a lot of pieces there. Luckily Houston is the only one badly hurt. However, when the others get back, it will likely be too late to salvage anything.
I would love to see a fully healthy defense. I think it would have been much improved and even could have forced a few games. The one silver lining of all the injuries is getting some of these rookies some much needed experience. I think they can uncover some nice gems at CB and maybe even a safety? Going to be interesting.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I blame the Offense for the rash of injuries tp the Defense.

Not being able to convert on 3rd down and sustain drives, puts a lot of pressure on the D, and eventually causes injuries due to being on the field for too long.

Works both ways tho too. The Bears' D seems too struggle on 3rd down as well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I blame the Offense for the rash of injuries tp the Defense.

Not being able to convert on 3rd down and sustain drives, puts a lot of pressure on the D, and eventually causes injuries due to being on the field for too long.

Works both ways tho too. The Bears' D seems too struggle on 3rd down as well.

Well, that tends to happen when you're constantly defending 3rd and short. Which it seems like we do on every damn series of downs.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eventually causes injuries due to being on the field for too long.
No...no...nope. Please tell me you're joking.
So these PROFESSIONAL athletes can't play TOO much or they will get hurt? BUT the other PROFESSIONAL athletes should play a lot without fear of being hurt? Where is the logic? Grrrr.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these PROFESSIONAL athletes can't play TOO much or they will get hurt? BUT the other PROFESSIONAL athletes should play a lot without fear of being hurt? Where is the logic? Grrrr.

Are you suggesting that playing Offense is the same as playing Defense?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What?

Are you insinuating that a defense being on the field for the vast majority of a football game does not exhaust them?

Having to be on the defensive for 40 minutes in a football game, is A LOT more exhausting than being on the offensive. Playing defense is far more physically demanding. Having a specific assignment and destination to get to before a play. Is A LOT less physically demanding than reacting. Controlling the clock, controlling the game-flow, controlling the line of scrimmage... etc... it wears the opposition down.

It's basic logic. Who is more beat up and exhausted at the end of a boxing match that went the distance? The fighter who spent the majority of the time taking a beating... or the fighter who was dishing out the beating?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting that playing Offense is the same as playing Defense?
I'm suggesting that playing professional football is dangerous. Injuries happen. The whole "offense vs defense" thing is tiring...and has been a talking point with Bears fans for years!
EVERY time you step on the field there is potential for injury. Regardless what side of the ball you play on.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, defending an Offense that goes 3-and out constantly, and has the lowest TOP in the league is silly.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm suggesting that playing professional football is dangerous. Injuries happen. The whole "offense vs defense" thing is tiring...and has been a talking point with Bears fans for years!
EVERY time you step on the field there is potential for injury. Regardless what side of the ball you play on.

If the Bears would play complimentary football, you wouldn't have that talking point.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What?

Are you insinuating that a defense being on the field for the vast majority of a football game does not exhaust them?

Having to be on the defensive for 40 minutes in a football game, is A LOT more exhausting than being on the offensive. Controlling the clock, controlling the game-flow, controlling the line of scrimmage... etc... it wears the opposition down.

It's basic logic. Who is more beat up and exhausted at the end of a boxing match that went the distance? The fighter who spent the majority of the time taking a beating... or the fighter who was dishing out the beating?
The use of the word "EXHAUST" bothers me. These are supposed to be highly tuned athletic machines... if they can't function for a full game, than they need to do better with personal conditioning. I understand when the T.O.P. is vastly different, but no I don't buy into the notion that Bad offense creates BAD defense. And I never will.
Defense can dictate there own "rest" Simply stop them after 3 plays. YOU can "rest."

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, defending an Offense that goes 3-and out constantly, and has the lowest TOP in the league is silly.
I'm not defending them.
BUT if the D created more 3 & outs of their own, created more turnovers? Didn't give up 8 minute drives in the first half? THE FIRST FREAKING HALF!! GET off the damn Field!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending them.
BUT if the D created more 3 & outs of their own, created more turnovers? Didn't give up 8 minute drives in the first half? THE FIRST FREAKING HALF!! GET off the damn Field!!!

I have stated that too.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The use of the word "EXHAUST" bothers me. These are supposed to be highly tuned athletic machines... if they can't function for a full game, than they need to do better with personal conditioning. I understand when the T.O.P. is vastly different, but no I don't buy into the notion that Bad offense creates BAD defense. And I never will.
Defense can dictate there own "rest" Simply stop them after 3 plays. YOU can "rest."

There's no way you're serious... Wow...

Are you insinuating that professional athletes aren't human, or something? lol

I don't get it...

That's the only possible explanation for what you're trying to say. That they're beings that are incapable of becoming tired.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending them.

The D did a fine job of getting off of the field in the Philly game. Same with the Houston game. The offense simply kept putting them back out there. There's inevitably going to be a breaking point.

As for the Dallas game, sure. They were awful. However, that's after the damage was done to our starters in the previous game.

I actually am not the one insinuating that the injuries occurred due to them being tired.

I just find your argument that professional athletes should be completely incapable of getting tired, quite odd. lol