• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 15 - Bears vs Packers GAME THREAD

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Bears utilize their first round pick for a stud cornerback. Tracy Porter sucks. I hope they draft a QB still, but I fail to see a scenario, where Matt is not the starter come week 1, next season.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. What in the fuck has he done to earn the job? If Jay played like he did today, we'd be scolding him over the two REALLY bad INT's and fumble. Rightfully so, I might add.

Bears fans are amazing. It's truly amazing watching you all trick yourselves with a QB again. Fascinating stuff.
It's amazing you think today's game is a deciding factor either way. It's amazing you can't see what is in front of you.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Bears utilize their first round pick for a stud cornerback. Tracy Porter sucks. I hope they draft a QB still, but I fail to see a scenario, where Matt is not the starter come week 1, next season.

Tracy Porter has been damn good the last two seasons...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing you think today's game is a deciding factor either way. It's amazing you can't see what is in front of you.

I don't think it was a deciding factor. I clearly said I am simply trying to keep a level head here. This fan base has a ridiculous history of jumping on QB's jocks way too quickly, and apparently I am the only one trying to learn from that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's looked pretty bad the last two weeks and he ain't getting any younger.

I honestly don't recall him looking bad, at any point today. The DB's, in general, played a fantastic game up until the final play.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a deciding factor. I clearly said I am simply trying to keep a level head here. This fan base has a ridiculous history of jumping on QB's jocks way too quickly, and apparently I am the only one trying to learn from that.

Level head or not, give me a scenario where SOMEONE ELSE deserves to be the starter. There is not a FA available that is hands-down better, nor is there a rookie that is a given.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot the part, where he got past that, and lead them to tie the game in one of the bigger 4th quarter comebacks in Bears history.

As stated earlier, the first pick wasn't as bad as it seemed as our WR was blatantly held at the top of his route. Can't hardly blame him on the fumble when Peppers is allowed to come untouched on his blind side.

I thought the kid played well enough to win.

Besides, explain to me a scenario where someone comes in and DESERVES the starting spot over him next year. No FA out there is an obvious winner, and there's no rookie available where yer just like, "yup, he's an automatic starter, and Matt should take a seat."

The kid has earned the start, until proven otherwise. The Bears would be fools to think otherwise IMO.

Those INT's were both VERY bad man... give me a break.

He led two nice fourth quarter comebacks. However, at the same time those two quarters account for A LOT of his yardage/TD statistics and were done against pretty soft prevent coverage. He made some nice throws in the 4th today, no doubt.

He looks fine man, I don't know what you want me to say here. Like I said, he's intriguing. He doesn't look phenomenal, he doesn't look bad and he certainly looks 10x better than I thought he'd be.

Right now, he's earned a shot to compete in camp. He will compete for the job next season. He has not earned anything. I like a lot of what he has done, and there's some things that haven't been so hot.

There have been very good NFL QB's who have started worse or similarly to him. He could TOTALLY wind up being a great QB. He could TOTALLY wind up never starting for us this year. You guys keep wanting to make these definitive statements about him. I am trying not to jump to radical conclusions so soon.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Level head or not, give me a scenario where SOMEONE ELSE deserves to be the starter. There is not a FA available that is hands-down better, nor is there a rookie that is a given.

Here's an easy one.

We draft/sign/trade for a QB. They compete head-to-head in camp. The other QB beats him out.

It's that simple.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an easy one.

We draft/sign/trade for a QB. They compete head-to-head in camp. The other QB beats him out.

It's that simple.

Right. Which would imply that he is the incumbent starter. The deserved starter going into camp.

It would be pretty difficult to justify someone winning in camp having not set on the field. There is no obvious guy that just stands out as an automatic successor on or off our roster. That means whoever it was would have to look like Peyton fucking Manning in practice, while Matt looks like a Pop Warner QB suddenly.

The only way I can see him not starting next season is either we lose him some fucking how in FA or he gets hurt.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was beaten badly by Adams twice and got lucky that Adams caught Bellamyitis.

Was that him both times? Those were also dimes by Rodgers. I didn't think he was flat out burned. However, the ball definitely hit Adams in the hands both times. Other than that, the WR's he was on had quiet days.

He has contained some of the best WR's in football this year. OBJ, Evans, Jordy the first time around... etc...

Our DB's were very good today. We certainly had quite a few coverage sacks. I think we have a very nice group of DB's, we just need that true stud/ballhawk. I do agree if we think that kind of a CB is available for us, grab him. Porter would be a very good veteran to have playing opposite of a young stud #1 CB.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Which would imply that he is the incumbent starter. The deserved starter going into camp.

It would be pretty difficult to justify someone winning in camp having not set on the field. There is no obvious guy that just stands out as an automatic successor on or off our roster. That means whoever it was would have to look like Peyton fucking Manning in practice, while Matt looks like a Pop Warner QB suddenly.

The only way I can see him not starting next season is either we lose him some fucking how in FA or he gets hurt.

No... it would mean he is competing in camp. lol

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No... it would mean he is competing in camp. lol

Well, whatever you say.

I don't know what a QB needs to do to earn that spot. Frankly, IMO he has earned it with his play on the field.

Play on the field>>>>>practice

I would honestly be annoyed if someone else is the starter next year. Until Matt deserves to be benched, (meaning his play warrants it) the job should be his.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring in some competition. That is fine, but as I stated, someone "beating him out" in camp would have to be a massive disparity. It would have to look like Brady vs. a child to warrant unseating him as the starter.

You ask what has he done to deserve the starting spot, and I ask what has he done NOT TO. He has helped this team be competitive. A 3-11 team, who 5 weeks ago looked to be one of the worst in the league, who now look like they can play with just about anyone.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@beardown07

58.6 CMP% 1,163 YDS 6 TD's 7 INT's 75.2 QB Rating 1-3 W/L

If I was to simply show you this stat line and film of Barkley's body of work so far. Without you knowing who he played for, so your emotions/fandom were totally removed from the situation. Would you be so enthusiastic about him as the future QB for a random team? I doubt it.

You seem to be mistaking what I am saying, for me thinking that Barkley can't be a franchise QB. He totally could be. There's tools there. I just remain far from convinced that we should be ready to settle on him as THE guy next year. There's still two games left, let's see what he does. However, he is not "OUR quarterback" as you put it. He is simply an intriguing option and our starter for two more games.

I hope he throws a million TD's and the Bears win 500 SB's under his command. I like him, truly... I do. I would not be surprised if he has a great career here. I also would not be surprised if he totally flops and is out of the NFL in a few years. I don't know... that's all I am saying. I don't see how anyone could be convinced about him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, whatever you say.

I don't know what a QB needs to do to earn that spot. Frankly, IMO he has earned it with his play on the field.

Play on the field>>>>>practice

I would honestly be annoyed if someone else is the starter next year. Until Matt deserves to be benched, (meaning his play warrants it) the job should be his.

Well... there is pre-season games, where they play on the field and starting jobs are often determined. There's also other QB's who may be here next year, that could have a better body of work than Barkley. Not to mention, as I have stated above. His play has not been that great... It's been FINE. That's about it... FINE. DECENT. PASSABLE.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@beardown07

58.6 CMP% 1,163 YDS 6 TD's 7 INT's 75.2 QB Rating 1-3 W/L

If I was to simply show you this stat line and film of Barkley's body of work so far. Without you knowing who he played for, so your emotions/fandom were totally removed from the situation. Would you be so enthusiastic about him as the future QB for a random team? I doubt it.

You seem to be mistaking what I am saying, for me thinking that Barkley can't be a franchise QB. He totally could be. There's tools there. I just remain far from convinced that we should be ready to settle on him as THE guy next year. There's still two games left, let's see what he does. However, he is not "OUR quarterback" as you put it. He is simply an intriguing option and our starter for two more games.

I hope he throws a million TD's and the Bears win 500 SB's under his command. I like him, truly... I do. I would not be surprised if he has a great career here. I also would not be surprised if he totally flops and is out of the NFL in a few years. I don't know... that's all I am saying. I don't see how anyone could be convinced about him.

Looking at just stats is stupid, so no, I would have no feelings about it whatsoever. If I looked at his body of work, I'd realize that he came into the season having not played a down in five years, to a terrible team, playing 3rd and 4th stringers across the board. I know that 2 picks came in the first GB game and really shouldn't even be a part of the conversation. That 2 picks came early in his first start against Tennessee. You know, the game where he battled back and played great in the 2nd half leading an impressive comeback that for all intents and purposes should've ended in a win. And that 2 more came today, and would've meant absolutely nothing had we been able to come away with a win. That's 6 of 7 picks that mean nothing in the grand scheme of it.

I'd also know that-that completion percentage is total garbage as has already been mentioned, he's been playing with scrubs who have dropped more goddamned balls than I can even count to.

I'd know that-that has also skewed the fuck out of his yardage, and QBR as well.

So no, that stat line means nothing to me, because I actually watch the goddamned games.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Case Keenum
Shaun Hill
Matt Schaub
Matt McGloin
E.J. Manuel
Blaine Gabbert

So which of the above's "body of work" just blows Barkley's out of the water?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... there is pre-season games, where they play on the field and starting jobs are often determined. There's also other QB's who may be here next year, that could have a better body of work than Barkley. Not to mention, as I have stated above. His play has not been that great... It's been FINE. That's about it... FINE. DECENT. PASSABLE.

I think it's been better than fine. I think if his WRs could fucking catch, his stats would be significantly better, across the board, and that includes the Win/Loss column.