• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME THREAD - Week 1: Bears at Houston Texans

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway, a lot of positives in the first half. D held strong throughout the 3rd and did an admirable job stopping the run in the 2nd half. The offense just could not get it working again. My god, once they started blitzing, both of our tackles looked like revolving doors out there. Then Watt and company just started pinning their ears back.

I thought the two biggest plays of the game were the failed 4th and 1. Passed up on a 10-0 lead early, and handed our momentum right back to them.

Then, once again in complete control of the game, with the ball out of the half. White LITERALLY runs the wrong way on a route. Resulting in an easy INT. D held them to a field goal, but from there on in. It was all Houston.

Secondary also got beat on some key plays. Wouldn't have minded seeing us bring a little more heat at Osweiler. Guy is a statue in the pocket.

Oh well, I figured this was a game we'd lose. Playoff opponent, on the road... They're just a step ahead of us right now. Just a bit discouraging how badly we let things spiral offensively. Looking forward to how we respond next week at home, on MNF. Wentz looked solid... but... it was Cleveland and they looked AWFUL.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't lose a fumble today. Sack fumble recovered by Jay, center exchange was clearly on Cody on the replay, recovered by Jay. Where are these turnovers just like INTs?

It's lovely how nobody is pissing on the 5 sacks or Alshons drop on 3rd down. As per usual... It's all Jays fault. The tackles were deplorable in the second half. Ugh bear fans...I tell ya.

Yeah, the quarterback has kids, he does not know about pulling out early.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chins up men. Always lean on what I tell myself on opening day: "No matter what happens...It'll never be as bad as Kordell vs. the Niners."

15-1. The dream is still alive!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chins up men. Always lean on what I tell myself on opening day: "No matter what happens...It'll never be as bad as Kordell vs. the Niners."

15-1. The dream is still alive!

Easily the worst Week 1 I've ever seen. I remember by the 4th quarter rooting for the Niners to score 70, so Jauron would be fired the next day. lol

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't lose a fumble today. Sack fumble recovered by Jay, center exchange was clearly on Cody on the replay, recovered by Jay. Where are these turnovers just like INTs?

It's lovely how nobody is pissing on the 5 sacks or Alshons drop on 3rd down. As per usual... It's all Jays fault. The tackles were deplorable in the second half. Ugh bear fans...I tell ya.

And as usual.....its never Jays fault either.

And yes a turnover equals the other teams ball.....Same as an int.

And besides,where did I say Jay Jay had a fumble lost.:harbaugh:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough matchup for an o line thats was thrown together this last week. That front seven is as good as they will see this season, even without Cushing. Hind sight being 20/20, it sure would be nice if Slausen was still around. Oh well, it can only get better. Hopefully the running game will get going next week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as usual.....its never Jays fault either.

And yes a turnover equals the other teams ball.....Same as an int.

And besides,where did I say Jay Jay had a fumble lost.:harbaugh:

Lol, Yeah... but jeez man. You, AI etc... come in here clambering about Jay, and we merely reply and point out a logical reason why a receiver clearly ran the wrong route... etc... Then you all go; "Oh! Look! Of COOOURSE! Always an excuse for Jay!"... Well, yeah... when he's wrongly blamed. Which any QB in the NFL is A LOT, much less Cutler. Jesus.

I do realize that Joey is a different story with Cutler...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough matchup for an o line thats was thrown together this last week. That front seven is as good as they will see this season, even without Cushing. Hind sight being 20/20, it sure would be nice if Slausen was still around. Oh well, it can only get better. Hopefully the running game will get going next week.

Yeah, I kind of think Houston looks like a damn good team. Tough road matchup to have Week 1. We have a solid and experienced coaching staff. I think we'll see improvement in week 2. Tackle play really has to improve, along with Whitehair. I have to think they'll get better week-to-week, provided they stay healthy.

Yes, the running game NEEDS to get going. Hopefully it will be a tad easier versus Philly to get it going. We can't put Jay in a position like that again, where the front four can just pin their ears back and get after him in a jailbreak.

I'd like to see a game plan similar to what Gase employed quite a few times last year. A lot of quick throws, rollouts etc... Get the ball out quick. Take shots when the time is right. A nice balanced attack.

Not sure what to expect from Wentz, he looked good versus Cleveland... but that's the key phrase; "versus Cleveland". I believe he's a good young QB, but I think we can force some mistakes.