• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Vikings (It's Finally Over) Week 17 Game-Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see why. To me that is 10 years ago, thinking some guy that did not get his team to the playoffs (with maybe the best receivers in football) will make it here.

I want 10 wins and a quarterback that throws for 200 yards a game.

Kirk just did exactly what you want last season and led a pretty shitty team to a division title last year, had arguably a top 5 QB season this year. He's one of the best 8 QB's in football and young. There's nothing not to like.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up stupid. You must be really goofy to make assumptions about my age based on my fandom of a shitty team.

It's not your fandom of a shitty team. It's your consistent ignorance, name calling, amongst other things... Perfectly demonstrated in this post. Which I don't have a problem with, BTW.

I like ya Pete. I just don't want you jump the gun and bolt to being a Raiders fan because you think this is some unique struggle for a football team to be going through, that the Bears are facing right now. I think you're a funny dude, and I hope you keep posting here.

You've made it this far, jeez. You might as well stick around to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

BTW, if you want to see a REAL struggle. Take a good ole gander at the Raiders the 14 seasons prior to this. lol. :suds:

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with the raiders. Im 40 years old dude. I have been a bears fan my whole life. I am sick of them being shit. This was the second worse season in as long as i can remember. And bringing up the bottom of the division in no fun. This season sucked from beginning to end. If you want to sugar coat it so you can swallow it, fine. Do t try to sell me bullshit, im all stocked up over here.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best WRs in football? I don't think they are THAT good. They are above average, but I'd take OBJ and anyone else or AB and anyone else over that group. They are all pretty good. I wouldn't mind Cousins, but I think if we got him it would be a vast overpay.

as a group. who does OBJ have, or AB have along side them to make a group of receivers that allows a QB to distribute the ball all over the field. I thought washingtons payroll distribution was like 70-30 from offense to defense, even with Norman, which explained why the defense sucked. Seems our QB had a load of weapons recently and did not deliver either. The only team that was close in dollar distribution was Dallas this year, and alot of that was going to Romo who was not playing, but Prescott still delivered. Same division, same basic schedule.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best WRs in football? I don't think they are THAT good. They are above average, but I'd take OBJ and anyone else or AB and anyone else over that group. They are all pretty good. I wouldn't mind Cousins, but I think if we got him it would be a vast overpay.

Who is AB?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... I'm fine with bringing him back to camp next year. If down the line, injury forces him back into duty. I would be interested to see if he could cut out the turnovers and play well. I have not COMPLETELY given up on him. However, yes... he played his way out of serious 2017 starter consideration. IMO

Prior to the Washington and Minnesota games. I think the FO and coaching staff was genuinely excited about Barkley potentially being our future. Now... I think they're back to the drawing board.

Him or Hoyer............Probably for me whoever comes the cheap..........

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two very solid drafts from Pace HAVE to start paying off here soon. Minus White, who still may be a contributor. Two very strong thumbs up from me. A third good one, and there's no way we can keep up losing at this pace. Right?

Agreed. And fwiw, White seems to have the character to persevere. That's why it sucks to see him keep getting hurt. If his lower legs were as strong as his attitude, he'd for certain be a stud.

He has all the tools to be a stud. Hopefully he can rebound.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard has me as excited about the Bears as I've been since Urlacher was drafted.

Free Agents just don't garner the same kind of excitement as a drafted stud IMO. Peppers was exciting...Cutler, was exciting...B. Marsh was exciting, but none of them had the effect that Urlacher had on me. I was at my wit's end with the Bears...had all but stopped caring. 54 made me give a shit again.

24 is doing that same thing.

Yes, this was a bad season, but in fairness, if you look at the games and the final results, things could've and maybe even should've been a lot different.

Indy
Jax
Giants
Titans
Lions
Packers

All of those were very close games that could've been wins with a bounce or two. The Tennessee game WAS A FUCKING WIN. They should've beat Indy, Jax...arguably the Lions and the Packers.

That would be 9-7.

Yes, their record IS what they are, but they are a pretty good 3-10 team. I don't think any of the ab0ve-mentioned teams felt like the were playing a 3-win team in those respective games.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a group. who does OBJ have, or AB have along side them to make a group of receivers that allows a QB to distribute the ball all over the field. I thought washingtons payroll distribution was like 70-30 from offense to defense, even with Norman, which explained why the defense sucked. Seems our QB had a load of weapons recently and did not deliver either. The only team that was close in dollar distribution was Dallas this year, and alot of that was going to Romo who was not playing, but Prescott still delivered. Same division, same basic schedule.
OBJ has Sheppard who isn't bad and Cruz who has had success in the league. Antonio Brown has Green as a weapon and then a few other pieces. Washington has Reed and then a bunch of gimmicky WRs. I think Cousins made them all look good, not the other way around.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OBJ has Sheppard who isn't bad and Cruz who has had success in the league. Antonio Brown has Green as a weapon and then a few other pieces. Washington has Reed and then a bunch of gimmicky WRs. I think Cousins made them all look good, not the other way around.

its tough when your side of this discussion contains two teams with a different quarterback who made the playoffs, which is basically my point. I am not saying Cousins is the reason the redskins did not make the playoffs, I am just looking at the work he did with a really good cast and wondering what makes it different here.

I still wonder if Dak Prescott would have even played this year if we did draft him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with the raiders. Im 40 years old dude. I have been a bears fan my whole life. I am sick of them being shit. This was the second worse season in as long as i can remember. And bringing up the bottom of the division in no fun. This season sucked from beginning to end. If you want to sugar coat it so you can swallow it, fine. Do t try to sell me bullshit, im all stocked up over here.

I'm not sugar coating anything. They're the most winningest franchise in NFL history. Teams go through bull shit, it happens to every single franchise. We've only sucked for 3 years, prior to that we were literally competing for the playoffs or going to the playoffs every year since 2005. That is a long run of fun football, a lot of teams don't even get that... ever. In the last decade we've been to a Super Bowl, and a conference title game. That's better than most NFL teams. You can't take 3 fucking years of sucking? Come on dude... that's nonsense.

Not to mention, leaving now, when we're due for an upswing is just silly and defies logic.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Green played all of 4 games this season, and was very limited in the first two. So, yeah... AB had nobody.

Cruz is way on the backside of his career, and is nothing more than a serviceable depth guy now. Shepard has some talent, but he really didn't do much.

Cousins has definitely made his group look better than they are. DJax and Reed are always hurt... especially Reed. Who else does he have? Jamison Crowder? lol... Yeah, no one special there. Reed is semi "special". However, as mentioned... he's not on the field half of the time. He also may have to retire, as I don't know how you can medically be cleared to keep playing after 5 concussions now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its tough when your side of this discussion contains two teams with a different quarterback who made the playoffs, which is basically my point. I am not saying Cousins is the reason the redskins did not make the playoffs, I am just looking at the work he did with a really good cast and wondering what makes it different here.

I still wonder if Dak Prescott would have even played this year if we did draft him.

If Matt Barkely and David Fales played for us... yes. lol. That's not a question we have to wonder about. Dak Prescott would have played, as we would have never needed to grab Barkley or Fales off of waivers in the first place.

He likely would have gotten his first action vs Green Bay when Hoyer broke his arm, and then played out the rest of the season as Barkley did when Cutler got re-injured vs NYG.

So, the season would have already been lost, but he surely would have played.

I am also somewhat happy we did not take him, because I'm not sold on him as a franchise QB and he likely wouldn't have had a fraction of the success with us as he did in Dallas. Then, if he had... we'd be content staying with him, and not going out right now, trying to bring in a true franchise guy.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sugar coating anything. They're the most winningest franchise in NFL history. Teams go through bull shit, it happens to every single franchise. We've only sucked for 3 years, prior to that we were literally competing for the playoffs or going to the playoffs every year since 2005. That is a long run of fun football, a lot of teams don't even get that... ever. In the last decade we've been to a Super Bowl, and a conference title game. That's better than most NFL teams. You can't take 3 fucking years of sucking? Come on dude... that's nonsense.

Not to mention, leaving now, when we're due for an upswing is just silly and defies logic.
Shut up. Grow up. If you think they have only sucked for 3 years, out of the last 25, please stfu. Even when we went to the SB it was on a shit ton of luck with Grossman either having 4 TDs or 5 turn overs. The Bears fucking suck, have sucked, and I dont see a light at the end of the tunnel. I will not force myself to suffer watching them. Preach what you think being a fan is to someone else. I dont care.

Plus I have been in Vegas for 35 of my 40 years. We have never had a pr sports team, the largest city in the country to not have a pro team for over a decade, and I will support any team that comes here. Its not like I am just closing my eyes and randomly picking a team to pull for. Its where I'm from, I started fucking kindergarten here. I have grown up and raised my own family here. The Raiders are going to be here, and I will be a fan. I can pull for both, but i refuse to watch the Bears games right now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shut up. Grow up. If you think they have only sucked for 3 years, out of the last 25, please stfu. Even when we went to the SB it was on a shit ton of luck with Grossman either having 4 TDs or 5 turn overs. The Bears fucking suck, have sucked, and I dont see a light at the end of the tunnel. I will not force myself to suffer watching them. Preach what you think being a fan is to someone else. I dont care.

Plus I have been in Vegas for 35 of my 40 years. We have never had a pr sports team, the largest city in the country to not have a pro team for over a decade, and I will support any team that comes here. Its not like I am just closing my eyes and randomly picking a team to pull for. Its where I'm from, I started fucking kindergarten here. I have grown up and raised my own family here. The Raiders are going to be here, and I will be a fan. I can pull for both, but i refuse to watch the Bears games right now.

Seems we were having a friendly conversation before this post, but okay...

"Grow up"... says the grown man that can't handle his team losing for a few years. Yes, three years... in 2013, we contended for the division down to the final play. In 2012, we won 10 games. But we sucked?

The SB was luck? Even it was, why would you be complaining as a fan of a team who went to the SB? lol... You also got to watch what was probably the best defense of an entire decade in those seasons.

Wow. I've seen it all. I'm not telling you how to be a fan, but you're behaving like a baby boy about a few bad seasons that literally EVERY team has and will go through. Do you have no perspective? I suppose you also think the Seahawks and Patriots will just be amazing FOREVER, with no poor seasons.

Do what you want, but I'm not going to sit here and not call you out on being a complete and total bitch right now.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems we were having a friendly conversation before this post, but okay...

"Grow up"... says the grown man that can't handle his team losing for a few years. Yes, three years... in 2013, we contended for the division down to the final play. In 2012, we won 10 games. But we sucked?

The SB was luck? Even it was, why would you be complaining as a fan of a team who went to the SB? lol... You also got to watch what was probably the best defense of an entire decade in those seasons.

Wow. I've seen it all. I'm not telling you how to be a fan, but you're behaving like a baby boy about a few bad seasons that literally EVERY team has and will go through. Do you have no perspective? I suppose you also think the Seahawks and Patriots will just be amazing FOREVER, with no poor seasons.

Do what you want, but I'm not going to sit here and not call you out on being a complete and total bitch right now.
Grow up means get a life and stop pretending football is that important or i need to have your level of allegiance to what boils down to a company. If i am a bitch for not being an idiot who fools hims3lf into thinking that it matters, so be it.