• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Vikings (It's Finally Over) Week 17 Game-Thread

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... Wow. Whatever. Fitting end to this horror show of a season.

Put in Fales.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not think Fox's job was ever in serious danger... but you can't just not show up like this the final two weeks of the season. This is really bad.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. Barkley may not be our QB, but maybe he's a receiver? lol

Nice play.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McCoy for OC?

I STILL say this is better than what we had at the end of Tresty's tenure. That was an absolute dumpster fire.
This was simply lesser talent playing due to a couple things

#1 Injury... you can't expect to complete when you have 21 players on IR or NOT playing in the final game.
#2 Poor drafts from years past: Where are all the players drafted just 2 years ago? Where are Emery's draft picks- even the 2nd-5th rounders that you would expect to make up depth and special teams... it should be there time to shine in there 3rd & 4th years. THEY aren't here. Garbage.
#3 Play calling- Not running the ball more with a rookie of the year candidate was a mistake the past 6+ weeks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McCoy for OC?

I STILL say this is better than what we had at the end of Tresty's tenure. That was an absolute dumpster fire.
This was simply lesser talent playing due to a couple things

#1 Injury... you can't expect to complete when you have 21 players on IR or NOT playing in the final game.
#2 Poor drafts from years past: Where are all the players drafted just 2 years ago? Where are Emery's draft picks- even the 2nd-5th rounders that you would expect to make up depth and special teams... it should be there time to shine in there 3rd & 4th years. THEY aren't here. Garbage.
#3 Play calling- Not running the ball more with a rookie of the year candidate was a mistake the past 6+ weeks.

12 turnovers by our QB in two games also didn't help.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 turnovers by our QB in two games also didn't help.
yes... that injury thing... caused lesser talent to play...that lesser talent committed 12 T.O. in the past 2 games.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, you need to figure out this play calling. Maybe the first week with Barkley was that "condensed" playbook we usually hear about and they moved ahead too quickly. Pace and Fox are safe, sure seems like someone gets replaced. I know there was more talk of Fangio than Loggains, but Loggains just reminded me too much of our last defensive coordinator who will remain nameless as a guy who will be sacrificed. I think we will be safe if they do let Fangio go as well since Fox will want to stick with the 3-4 and they wont be trying to convert Leonard Floyd to a 290 pound DE or strong side linebacker, but I think he stays. Maybe they can talk Peanut into becoming that DB coach.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we officially determined that Matt Barkley is not the answer? 10 picks in 3 games should do it, right?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we officially determined that Matt Barkley is not the answer? 10 picks in 3 games should do it, right?

Yeah... I'm fine with bringing him back to camp next year. If down the line, injury forces him back into duty. I would be interested to see if he could cut out the turnovers and play well. I have not COMPLETELY given up on him. However, yes... he played his way out of serious 2017 starter consideration. IMO

Prior to the Washington and Minnesota games. I think the FO and coaching staff was genuinely excited about Barkley potentially being our future. Now... I think they're back to the drawing board.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, you need to figure out this play calling. Maybe the first week with Barkley was that "condensed" playbook we usually hear about and they moved ahead too quickly. Pace and Fox are safe, sure seems like someone gets replaced. I know there was more talk of Fangio than Loggains, but Loggains just reminded me too much of our last defensive coordinator who will remain nameless as a guy who will be sacrificed. I think we will be safe if they do let Fangio go as well since Fox will want to stick with the 3-4 and they wont be trying to convert Leonard Floyd to a 290 pound DE or strong side linebacker, but I think he stays. Maybe they can talk Peanut into becoming that DB coach.

I don't think anyone's job is in jeopardy. It's not like I'm nuts about Loggains, but how can you fire a guy who had his practice squad guys out there half of the season? That would be like firing a carpenter for taking to long to remodel your living room, because you took all of his tools outside and chainsawed them into tiny pieces.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone's job is in jeopardy. It's not like I'm nuts about Loggains, but how can you fire a guy who had his practice squad guys out there half of the season? That would be like firing a carpenter for taking to long to remodel your living room, because you took all of his tools outside and chainsawed them into tiny pieces.

mainly with the choice of play calling. I swear sometimes it felt like lets get some three and outs do we can go down by 10 so we can start throwing the football, even though Howard is running at a 8 ypc clip.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing that changed is Fox might want a reunion with Mike McCoy, who should wind up being someones offensive coordinator next season unless he wants to sit home and get paid anyway.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins may be a good fit

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins may be a good fit

I cant see why. To me that is 10 years ago, thinking some guy that did not get his team to the playoffs (with maybe the best receivers in football) will make it here.

I want 10 wins and a quarterback that throws for 200 yards a game.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant see why. To me that is 10 years ago, thinking some guy that did not get his team to the playoffs (with maybe the best receivers in football) will make it here.

I want 10 wins and a quarterback that throws for 200 yards a game.
Best WRs in football? I don't think they are THAT good. They are above average, but I'd take OBJ and anyone else or AB and anyone else over that group. They are all pretty good. I wouldn't mind Cousins, but I think if we got him it would be a vast overpay.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mainly with the choice of play calling. I swear sometimes it felt like lets get some three and outs do we can go down by 10 so we can start throwing the football, even though Howard is running at a 8 ypc clip.

Yeah, but you also don't have your guys out there and that limits your playbook. We ran the ball plenty in the first half of games we wound up trailing. Remember how good of a game he called vs DET and MIN when we were semi-healthy and had the lead? People were giving him a lot of props.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Howard?? :noidea: Best young player in the game IMO.

The last draft was actually pretty good.

I'll still watch.

fuck you
lulz

These two very solid drafts from Pace HAVE to start paying off here soon. Minus White, who still may be a contributor. Two very strong thumbs up from me. A third good one, and there's no way we can keep up losing at this pace. Right?