• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 15 - Bears vs Packers GAME THREAD

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Case Keenum
Shaun Hill
Matt Schaub
Matt McGloin
E.J. Manuel
Blaine Gabbert

So which of the above's "body of work" just blows Barkley's out of the water?

Cousins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was a deciding factor. I clearly said I am simply trying to keep a level head here. This fan base has a ridiculous history of jumping on QB's jocks way too quickly, and apparently I am the only one trying to learn from that.
Fair enough, but I'm riding the Barkley train. All aboard. love what I see.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't recall him looking bad, at any point today. The DB's, in general, played a fantastic game up until the final play.

Wow, they were terrible, there were 200 yards of drops and who exactly missed all the tackles in the secondary from those long runs? Tracy Porter shows up for 2-3 games a year. LeBlanc looks like he should be playing pee wee football somewhere.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... there is pre-season games, where they play on the field and starting jobs are often determined. There's also other QB's who may be here next year, that could have a better body of work than Barkley. Not to mention, as I have stated above. His play has not been that great... It's been FINE. That's about it... FINE. DECENT. PASSABLE.

The only quarterback signed for next year is Hoyer while Cutler is on a year to year option basis and Barkley was only signed to a one year 600k deal. We wont even bring up Fales.

Its pretty obvious, if you are not annointed the starter in Chicago, you wait til there are injuries, so if Barkley get a chance to sign somewhere he is actually guaranteed some competition to be the starter, there is no guarantee he is even here next year.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has had a couple good seasons. For what he's going to want, I can unequivocally say, I would rather see what Barkley can do.

We were going to draft a QB either way, now we can do it without forcing it.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. Dude is gonna want a zillion dollars, and he ain't worth it.

I would rather have Barkley.

Well he is ranked 5th in QBR so I'd say he's worth the 23+ million he earns. The bigger question is can the Bears afford him? I guess if they drop Cutler they can. I think Cousins will stay with the Skins anyways since they have a loaded offense.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he is ranked 5th in QBR so I'd say he's worth the 23+ million he earns. The bigger question is can the Bears afford him? I guess if they drop Cutler they can. I think Cousins will stay with the Skins anyways since they have a loaded offense.

The Skins have already stated they would tag him again if they couldn't reach a deal, anyway.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt we sign cousins..............

No reason to after the play of Barkley so far..........the way he`s played and the way he played vs our pain-in0the-ass nemesis,GB,I applaud the way he play........Cutler has never played that well vs them.

Not saying we should not draft a qb next draft,but I like what I`ve seen so far.....:clap:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I do gotta ask..........

Its 4th and goal from the GB 4..............We are not going anywhere to begin with,why not go for it on 4th down there?
Why did we go for the tie?

Fox should have knew,that with 1:19 left in the game,thats a lot of time for AR and co. to get into fg range to begin with.........He should have just said fuck iot and went for it on 4th down anyways........What do we have to lose at this point in the season to begin with?

1. It would have been nice to see us send GB packing for the season or just to have beaten them with all the back-ups we`ve been using.......
2.We beat them,so what we would have dropped a few spots in the draft.
3. We don`t score,eh,it was inevitable we were gonna lose anys.
You just knew Rodgers was gonna heave it down field anyways.They had nothing to lose by doing it.

I just wish they went for it........What do you guys think?

And it was definetley an exciting game..........

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I do gotta ask..........

Its 4th and goal from the GB 4..............We are not going anywhere to begin with,why not go for it on 4th down there?
Why did we go for the tie?

Fox should have knew,that with 1:19 left in the game,thats a lot of time for AR and co. to get into fg range to begin with.........He should have just said fuck iot and went for it on 4th down anyways........What do we have to lose at this point in the season to begin with?

1. It would have been nice to see us send GB packing for the season or just to have beaten them with all the back-ups we`ve been using.......
2.We beat them,so what we would have dropped a few spots in the draft.
3. We don`t score,eh,it was inevitable we were gonna lose anys.
You just knew Rodgers was gonna heave it down field anyways.They had nothing to lose by doing it.

I just wish they went for it........What do you guys think?

And it was definetley an exciting game..........

I guess I could see having confidence in yer D, they had played ok. I wish they would've thrown on 2nd down. PA rollout er something...but ya, I could see the point of having nothing to lose.

I just can't fucking that they allowed Jordy fucking Nelson to get behind em', with no over the top safety help, on 3rd and 11. The last time they did that is still fresh in my goddamned mind.

Blows my mind.