• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 2 - Bears at Bucs GAME-THREAD

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The settlement specifically stated that it wasn't an admission of guilt. So, no... That is simply you failing to understand what transpired.

Of course it states that. That's what a settlement is. You paying the accuser in exchange for not admitting to guilt. DUH. On what planet do you settle by admitting guilt and then paying them. You might as well go to trial then. Or you are already in court and the case is going horribly against you already.

Is my assuming he is somewhat guilty for settling any more far fetched than you thinking he's a great guy by watching him on Tv? I stand by my original statement. There is no way I settle if I am innocent. Otherwise you open the flood gates for false accusations in the future for a quick pay day not to mention the pure principality of the matter.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still hatin on Jameis huh?

Like women are not evil and all about money these days? The chick Zeke Elliot was with admitted she tried to blackmail Zeke for $20000 for her and her friend to get boob jobs. Yes boob jobs

Crab legs.. Who didn't steal crab legs in college. Poor, hungry. C'mon man.

His antics in the lunch room where he screamed out FOck her in the pussy.. Very immature and got benched that game against Clemson. Since that game he's grown up quite a bit.

If you are around Tallahassee, the chick that yelled r*pe on Jameis had already been with a few players on that baseball team. She was known for liking the baseball players.

But I'm sure she's innocent. :ipw:

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, that means you'll overlook details in a clear bull shit r*pe allegation? That's not football... that's bigger than your stupid rivalry.

If Aaron Rodgers was falsely accused of r*pe tomorrow, I couldn't even imagine continuing to label him as a rapist for the rest of his career. What a POS.

Oh you'll get no argument from me... I really don't know how anyone can look at the facts of that case and come away thinking he's guilty.

But yes, the rivalry does get that catty, where Gainesville and Tallahassee each have their own narratives that circulate throughout their fan bases. Whenever a player on either team is accuses of anything, one campus says he's guilty as fuck and the other says its all bullshit...

Maturity would be nice. I hear ya.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still hatin on Jameis huh?

Like women are not evil and all about money these days? The chick Zeke Elliot was with admitted she tried to blackmail Zeke for $20000 for her and her friend to get boob jobs. Yes boob jobs

Crab legs.. Who didn't steal crab legs in college. Poor, hungry. C'mon man.

His antics in the lunch room where he screamed out FOck her in the pussy.. Very immature and got benched that game against Clemson. Since that game he's grown up quite a bit.

If you are around Tallahassee, the chick that yelled r*pe on Jameis had already been with a few players on that baseball team. She was known for liking the baseball players.

But I'm sure she's innocent. :ipw:

Yeah, I forget, what was the name of the group she belonged to who's basic mission was to hook up with athletes? Been awhile since I researched this case...

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... let's take a step back please. OUR Chicago Bears are sucking up another season and so tensions are high... but let's take a deep breath a little.
#1 From my standpoint on the Winston thing- I'll admit I didn't look into the case that much. Now that I've learned more about it, I'm semi-convinced that he was wrongly accused. Point made. It still doesn't change the points I was making. I believe he is immature and not a good person. There are MILLIONS of college athletes that DON'T act like this... And don't put themselves in these situations. I was one of those guys. That's part of my dislike of Winston. Again my own opinion of a person I don't know, if I were to meet him and learn first hand I may change my mind, but I don't have that chance. I'm not going to have that chance, but I'm mature and adult enough to say I made a mistake if and when I do.

"The crab legs thing was obviously an arrangement he had with the deli guy at the store. Did he display some immaturity? Of course."
This isn't an excuse- and 2 of you made this excuse. Again- Millions of college athletes DON'T do this. He got caught- regardless of reasons why, he shouldn't put himself in this position. IF a deli guy said- Hey I'll hook you up... a normal, sane, honest person would say- Nah. I'm good. Jameis didn't. Bad guy. Defending him on this is gross and displays the defenders poor moral judgement, and I bet anything if he wasn't a football star and just a random 20 something year old who did this and was caught you wouldn't be defending him.

"However, if I a dollar for every time a college kid swore in a cafeteria, I'd be a very rich man."
Swearing in public is completely different than a famous and known athlete in the middle of a Heisman campaign standing on a table and shouting these words for everyone to hear. VERY poor judgement and lake of maturity. Millions of college athletes DON'T do this.

"I don't tolerate this type of shit. You can block me if you'd like Joey. I have no interest in interacting with you again. You're putrid."
You don't tolerate a lot. You consistently and frequently fly off the handle on MUCH of what is said on this board. I'm not mad at you. I'm just having a conversation, and adding my opinion, that's all. You seem to take everything so personally and often type angry. It doesn't matter the topic, I beg you to learn to think a little. That is all. You have called just about every poster a name for one reason or another... and that's your right, but I wasn't attacking you. I was simply stating my opinion. My feelings of gender equality and my feminist left leaning view may not conform to what you're saying, but It's all about respect. That's all. Peace brother... Go Bears.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay... let's take a step back please. OUR Chicago Bears are sucking up another season and so tensions are high... but let's take a deep breath a little.
#1 From my standpoint on the Winston thing- I'll admit I didn't look into the case that much. Now that I've learned more about it, I'm semi-convinced that he was wrongly accused. Point made. It still doesn't change the points I was making. I believe he is immature and not a good person. There are MILLIONS of college athletes that DON'T act like this... And don't put themselves in these situations. I was one of those guys. That's part of my dislike of Winston. Again my own opinion of a person I don't know, if I were to meet him and learn first hand I may change my mind, but I don't have that chance. I'm not going to have that chance, but I'm mature and adult enough to say I made a mistake if and when I do.

"The crab legs thing was obviously an arrangement he had with the deli guy at the store. Did he display some immaturity? Of course."
This isn't an excuse- and 2 of you made this excuse. Again- Millions of college athletes DON'T do this. He got caught- regardless of reasons why, he shouldn't put himself in this position. IF a deli guy said- Hey I'll hook you up... a normal, sane, honest person would say- Nah. I'm good. Jameis didn't. Bad guy. Defending him on this is gross and displays the defenders poor moral judgement, and I bet anything if he wasn't a football star and just a random 20 something year old who did this and was caught you wouldn't be defending him.

"However, if I a dollar for every time a college kid swore in a cafeteria, I'd be a very rich man."
Swearing in public is completely different than a famous and known athlete in the middle of a Heisman campaign standing on a table and shouting these words for everyone to hear. VERY poor judgement and lake of maturity. Millions of college athletes DON'T do this.

"I don't tolerate this type of shit. You can block me if you'd like Joey. I have no interest in interacting with you again. You're putrid."
You don't tolerate a lot. You consistently and frequently fly off the handle on MUCH of what is said on this board. I'm not mad at you. I'm just having a conversation, and adding my opinion, that's all. You seem to take everything so personally and often type angry. It doesn't matter the topic, I beg you to learn to think a little. That is all. You have called just about every poster a name for one reason or another... and that's your right, but I wasn't attacking you. I was simply stating my opinion. My feelings of gender equality and my feminist left leaning view may not conform to what you're saying, but It's all about respect. That's all. Peace brother... Go Bears.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this board is so freakin uptight i poke my head in and i'm sick to my stomach at the hate going on thread after thread. oh well

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this board is so freakin uptight i poke my head in and i'm sick to my stomach at the hate going on thread after thread. oh well

Ziras-Dramatic-Song-Solo-In-The-Lion-King-2-Gif.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The settlement specifically stated that it wasn't an admission of guilt. So, no... That is simply you failing to understand what transpired.

Of course it states that. That's what a settlement is. You paying the accuser in exchange for not admitting to guilt. DUH. On what planet do you settle by admitting guilt and then paying them.

Is my assuming he is somewhat guilty for settling any more far fetched than you thinking he's a great guy by watching him on Tv? I stand by my original statement. There is no way I settle if I am innocent. Otherwise you open the flood gates for false accusations in the future for a quick pay day not to mention the pure principality of the matter.

Is my assuming he is somewhat guilty for settling any more far fetched than you thinking he's a great guy by watching him on Tv?

Again... you can only be dishonest, because you have nothing.

I said he was "likeable"... No, that's not the same as you believing he's guilty of r*pe, despite an obscene amount of evidence contradicting that claim.

I swear, it's like talking to a door knob.

I stand by my original statement. There is no way I settle if I am innocent. Otherwise you open the flood gates for false accusations in the future for a quick pay day not to mention the pure principality of the matter.

Lol. Even if that were true. Then that's your personal decision. However, it could not be more clear that Jameis is completely innocent.

Although, there is a world of difference between yourself... BS from the sportshoopla message board, and Jameis Winston going through a pro-longed civil case. Dragging his name through the mud for years in the public eye, and possibly getting in the way of his career.

I'm betting if you had to choose between settling for a small amount of your money, and putting an end to the case instantly. Versus spending years and possibly all of your money fighting something you were already cleared of... You'd definitely think about settling, ending it and moving on with your life.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe he is immature and not a good person. There are MILLIONS of college athletes that DON'T act like this

#1 - There's probably not even a million college athletes. lol

#2 - Probably 95% of college athletes have sworn loudly on campus. Give me a break.

This isn't an excuse- and 2 of you made this excuse. Again- Millions of college athletes DON'T do this.

Yes, they do.

IF a deli guy said- Hey I'll hook you up... a normal, sane, honest person would say- Nah. I'm good.

No, they wouldn't. Especially a college kid without a lot of money.

Also, even if he did... Taking free meat is now a mortal sin for a 20 year old? Who the fuck are you? The Virgin Mary?

I bet anything if he wasn't a football star and just a random 20 something year old who did this and was caught you wouldn't be defending him.

I absolutely would, because I (like most every other college kid) did stupid shit at that age. I did a drunken night in jail once. So did most guys I knew. What he did was immature, but to act like it's a big deal... makes you a hypocritical horses ass.

He's a "bad guy" because he took a hook-up on free meat when he was 20? Really dude?

Really? Because that saying was being yelled everywhere on college campuses during that time. It was from a very famous and funny video that went viral.

I suppose that makes him a terrible person though. lol

Just remember when you hear your own child swear loudly when he/she is 20. You've raised a "bad person".

How about what all of those "maturity" concerns have led to? How much of them have turned out to be problematic? TWO DIFFERENT HC's have named him the team captain. He made sure he didn't leave Tampa until he knew he was the last one still left in town out of the Bucs during the Hurricane.

He called every single one of his teammates and checked on their families. THEN... he boarded a plane to leave Florida.

This is a guy (by all accounts) who seems to be going WAY above and beyond, to do all of the right things. THEN SOME.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You implied that I'm a mysognyst... for defending a guy who was falsely accused of r*pe. This is by the word of a police department, supreme court judge, state's attorney office and civil court judge who upheld his slander allegations against his accuser.

I don't take that lightly, and would argue that is heavier than me calling someone an "asshole" over a damn Bears argument.

I was an asshole last season. Last season sucked. I told Beengay at one point that I'm going to stop doing that. lol

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he was "likeable"... No, that's not the same as you believing he's guilty of r*pe, despite an obscene amount of evidence contradicting that claim.

No you said "I can't recall a more likeable QB coming into the league in quite some time. Great leader, down to earth dude, charismatic personality... etc..." How in the world does that not imply he's not a great guy. Geezus, i don't think you're dishonest, i think you're just stupid.

Lol. Even if that were true. Then that's your personal decision. However, it could not be more clear that Jameis is completely innocent.

Completely clear he's innocent? He settled dummy. The problem you clearly don't understand what settling is. He gave the woman whom you think falsely accused him of r*pe, money, in exchange for him not admitting to guilt, which isn't the same as declaring he's innocent. You are really a dumb guy. You simply don't understand. Show me where anyone says he's "completely innocent". Link me please.

I'm betting if you had to choose between settling for a small amount of your money, and putting an end to the case instantly. Versus spending years and possibly all of your money fighting something you were already cleared of... You'd definitely think about settling, ending it and moving on with your life.

More bs. You don't know if he settled for a "small amount of money". Once again you're making giant leaps. It could be for a million dollars for all we know. Most people who are absolutely innocent, rich innocent people in fact, would stand by their principles and fight this. Especially as you're implying all the evidence is in his favor. What world do you live in? You would just give money away just to make it go way if you were innocent. You sir, are not only stupid, you lack a spine.