• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 4: Bears vs Lions GAME THREAD

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are living in your world, when you talked to McDaniels and the entire Bronco organization about Jay.

You just do not trade a guy like that unless you do not want him in your organization. They took Kyle fucking Orton for him along with first round picks.

Two firsts AND a third... AND our starting 26 year old QB that had just gone 9-6 the previous year. lol... That's literally an entire team's future they needed in return for him. Jay demanded a trade. These are all things that were reported on at the time. I live in reality, and read ACTUAL news. This is all confirmed stuff...

Go about back to your dream world now.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you are living in your world, when you talked to McDaniels and the entire Bronco organization about Jay.
You just do not trade a guy like that unless you do not want him in your organization. They took Kyle fucking Orton for him along with first round picks.

So in your world, McDaniels succeeded as a HC? He wasn't fired after only 2 years for his choices and decisions?

I hear the guy that lost to Hussein Bolt in each of the past olympics is going to run in the special olympics next time around. I bet he breaks every record they hold. Probably in record time.
You realize some of the records Jay has broken was by a guy that played a total of 44 games here?

And than we have that. I don't know how you or anyone can disparage a guy for breaking records. The bigger point is that there hasn't been a QB here long enough to rack up any stats. That should tell you how long the drought of good QB play there has been.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt Garropolo gets that type of money.

I don't want to fall for that trick either, but there's only been ONE QB that's gotten that deal. In Matt Cassel, who made a pro bowl with KC. Going 11-5 with 27 TD's to 7 INT's. So it wasn't JUST the system. Granted, the rest of his career didn't go as well, but there was something there.

You act like there's a never ending line of Pats QB's who have signed giant contracts after starting there. There is one.

Like I said, McCarron is my favorite option anyway. I also like Garropolo out of college, so his Patriots performance has only a little to do with it. Many thought he may be the best passer in his draft class.

Watson is going to be a BUM of an NFL QB. No thanks. This QB draft class is DOG shit.

Wasn't just talking about Pats' QBs... Matt Flynn comes to mind. Brock Osweiller.

This happens more than just one little teenie isolated instance with Matt Cassel. And I don't get why you cherry pick stats. Matt Cassel was in KC for four years and you picked his one decent year... Pro Bowl? C'mon, you know what that means these days. This was after what? Brady called in sick with a hang nail. Peyton said he couldn't go because his granny was coming into town? Cassel's first year in KC 16 TDs, 16 INTs... Then his 2nd year he put up the 27 and 7... Then his 3rd season? 10 TDs and 9 INTs and his 4th season? 6 TDs and 12 INTs...

Heck, the last season the fans had airplanes flying over Arrowhead begging for the GM to be fired and for Cassel to be benched!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't just talking about Pats' QBs... Matt Flynn comes to mind. Brock Osweiller.

This happens more than just one little teenie isolated instance with Matt Cassel. And I don't get why you cherry pick stats. Matt Cassel was in KC for four years and you picked his one decent year... Pro Bowl? C'mon, you know what that means these days. This was after what? Brady called in sick with a hang nail. Peyton said he couldn't go because his granny was coming into town? Cassel's first year in KC 16 TDs, 16 INTs... Then his 2nd year he put up the 27 and 7... Then his 3rd season? 10 TDs and 9 INTs and his 4th season? 6 TDs and 12 INTs...

Heck, the last season the fans had airplanes flying over Arrowhead begging for the GM to be fired and for Cassel to be benched!

No, Cassel was easily and legitimately one of the top 3 QB's in the AFC that season. I believe he was voted in, not a sub.

The point was, that he DID have his best season after leaving NE.

Osweiller is 3-2, and still has a long road ahead of him. No one knows what his career will be yet.

Flynn? Yeah, that was absurd. However, he only played one good game vs a horrible D. A bit different than having a good season.

I guess I don't get what the point is that you people are making... or attempting to make.

That a player having NFL success means nothing? However, the kid in college will work out? I don't think Jimmy G or McCarron are locks, but this draft class is DOG SHIT. Pure, utter DOG SHIT. In a different year? Sure. Perhaps go with drafting a rookie? This year... I don't see one I'd take.

Also, McCarron and Jimmy G were VERY intriguing NFL prospects out of college. More intriguing than the guys this year. Their stock isn't just high because of their short runs in the NFL.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Cassel was easily and legitimately one of the top 3 QB's in the AFC that season. I believe he was voted in, not a sub.

He was in because Brady was not.

richig07 said:
The point was, that he DID have his best season after leaving NE.

No, the point is that the fans and the team ultimately believed that they overpaid BIG TIME for the guy to the extreme that they called for the GM's head and for Cassel's benching...

One good season... OUT OF FOUR! Is that worth a monster contract?

richig07 said:
Osweiller is 3-2, and still has a long road ahead of him. No one knows what his career will be yet.

Oh I'd be willing to guess he'll be a fair NFL starter that won't really wow anyone. Is that what $20 million or so buys these days?

richig07 said:
I guess I don't get what the point is that you people are making... or attempting to make.

That a player having NFL success means nothing? However, the kid in college will work out? I don't think Jimmy G or McCarron are locks, but this draft class is DOG SHIT. Pure, utter DOG SHIT. In a different year? Sure. Perhaps go with drafting a rookie? This year... I don't see one I'd take.

Also, McCarron and Jimmy G were VERY intriguing NFL prospects out of college. More intriguing than the guys this year. Their stock isn't just high because of their short runs in the NFL.

The point is that you can maybe get an Garoppolo for close to $20 million, or you can get a rookie for much cheaper... Wonder if the Eagles or Cowboys are regretting not opening up their wallets for Osweiller right about now?

And as far as "dog shit" in this year's QB class? Gonna go out on a limb and guess that you hadn't heard of Carson Wentz around this time last year... THIS QB class was supposed to be "dog shit" and so far we've pulled two pretty darn good starters from it... For my part, I'd rather try a DeShaun Watson for half the price of Jimmy Garoppolo (or however the hell you spell it)...

Take a really close look at this... Russell Wilson

This is a road map as to how the Seattle Seahawks were able to build and more importantly KEEP that defense together. Notice how they have started losing players since Wilson's big pay day? So why would we want to start underneath a cap hit like that for a guy that we see works well under Bill fucking Bellichick and pray that he does the same for us?

No thanks... Last time we broke the bank I wasn't too impressed. (Albeit I get we COULD draft another Cade McNown, so there's risk there as well, but a much cheaper risk.)[/quote]